The Planet's BTS Fan Club

9 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

It is so funny. I discovered BTS during quarantine and I didn't visit the planet very often during that time and when I started again to come back to the planet more regularly I discovered other fanyus got interested into BTS just like me. :happy:

JK said in his live that he took part in the music video production and filmed some scenes. I am really excited and impatient to see it!:smiley-happy085:

On November 20 they will drop their new album BE! Can't wait for their comeback!!! :panic:

Latecomer to the BTS world - but they've given me a reason to dance and not miss Yuzu quite so much.  I'm curious - do any of you get notifications that a Vlive live event is about to happen?  There is an advantage in not watching live because subtitles get added after, but does someone get a text or an email or something to let them know it's coming up?

11 hours ago, barbara said:

Latecomer to the BTS world - but they've given me a reason to dance and not miss Yuzu quite so much.  I'm curious - do any of you get notifications that a Vlive live event is about to happen?  There is an advantage in not watching live because subtitles get added after, but does someone get a text or an email or something to let them know it's coming up?

I don't think they make an announcement as when they go on vlive. They go live usually when they have time off,  when they feel the need to share something with the Army (fandom) or simply for us fans to see their faces from time to time. 

I follow BTS on twitter, instagram,YT and I have an account on weverse and that's how I get a wind abt what's going on. I didn't got to watch Jimin and Suga live (I saw them after with eng sub) but I've seen JK live. lol I didn't understood a word but eh ... who cares. I just watched him speak and laugh for a half an hour. And WOW they have millions of viewers when they go live!!! Jimin had around 9M viewers!! :eek:

_____

Oh, I don't know if you guys know,  a few days ago they dropped a concept photo for their new album. The theories were endless on SNS after lool

On 10/15/2020 at 11:45 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

I've watched that Filter video umpteen times but I still can't figure out how he does the costume change. It's a wonderful bit of stage magic I guess. 

The best I can guess is that he wears the red pants underneath the black pants. The black pants fit more loosely on him.  He must have duplicate clothes that get thrown while he's changing and people to help him throw/change. Maybe the red jacket and shirt are a 1 piece so it's only 1 thing he has to put on and the pants are tear away - though they are the best made tear away pants I've ever seen since you can't see any break in the seams.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:45 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Jin is much more talented than he lets on. Just look at his performance of 'Moon'. That took me by surprise so much. 

I was blown away by his concert performance of "Epiphany". He has perfect pitch and he sings so soulfully. I saw multiple concert performances from him and every single time his singing was perfect. He might actually have the most beautiful and accurate voice of all the members. I read that he was actually the only member of the group to be singled out for his voice by the Grammy panel.

I think I mistook his more reserved quality when performing in the group and the fact that he has a smaller role and always in the back as him being less talented, but I realize now that it's more likely a combination of him being less comfortable with dancing and singing at the same time and the fact that he has fewer fans than a lot of the members (which is a vicious circle because his lack of feature contributes to him not having as many fans).  I don't know why they can't just feature him belting it out without making him dance at the same time - they don't make RM dance much when he's leading the song.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:42 PM, Lizzy said:

It is so funny. I discovered BTS during quarantine and I didn't visit the planet very often during that time and when I started again to come back to the planet more regularly I discovered other fanyus got interested into BTS just like me. :happy:

For the most part, I've been very fortunate during this COVID time, but the one thing that's depressed me is that I have no one in my life that shares my passions. It's made me feel very disconnected. I really felt the loss when I couldn't travel to see Yuzu and a lot of regret for not getting my life together sooner so that I could take part sooner - I know I only met you guys twice but I genuinely missed you this year!

I was feeling really sad knowing those opportunities were already so few and now they're disappearing one by one. For a long time, I didn't know what I would get into after Yuzu retires so I'm so happy to find another thing to get excited about. I've only been a fan for about 3 weeks and I feel so overwhelmed with content to catch up on, but it's so fun to share the experience of exploring this new great thing

I love the carpool karaoke they did.  I literally watch it every single day and it's fun to see so many comments about the less lauded members of the group - so many people talking about how funny Jin is and how joyous it is to see J-hope (or as they call him, the guy in the middle).

But I found out a couple days ago that Jimin doesn't like to be called Mochi because it caused him to feel self conscious. And I remember even on the 1st viewing that there seemed to be a hesitation when James started talking about the Mochi nickname, but I just brushed it off as a language barrier at the time.

https://aminoapps.com/c/btsarmy/page/blog/why-jimin-is-not-mochi/2vaw_Mv1UNurmrZnNQQx5rq0X33aND3vExp

ce7742bc88408cc67cfcf441172ee5a4cddc6de9

After seeing this pic of him, I always feel a tinge of sadness when it gets to that part now. He clearly has some body dysmorphia issues and I imagine it's a little painful to feel like he has to play into this thing that makes him feel uncomfortable.  I hope he's as happy as he seems. 

51 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

they don't make RM dance much when he's leading the song.

Isn't that because RM is occasionally clumsy? It appears to be a running joke among the members that RM can break anything he touches and has/had two left feet.

As for Jin, the most surprising thing for me is that when he joined the group, he was studying acting, but he hadn't sung before and his dancing was marginal. He was originally supposed to be a 'visual' only. I don't quite get the concept but I guess the idea is that some members were only supposed to be eye candy? Anyway, the story goes that when Jin met the others and saw how talented they were, he didn't want to look bad in front of them so he put in a lot of extra work to learn the dances and studied how to sing. So 'Moon', 'Epiphany', and so on are 100% the result of hard work. I find that more inspiring than if he had started with tons of natural talent. 

About Jimin and his body image issues: I'm sure you'll eventually find the info yourself, but from what I've been able to gather, around the time they were filming the Blood, Sweat, and Tears video, Jimin got very concerned about his appearance, because he didn't feel his look suited the video's concept, so he started extreme dieting (i.e. starving himself) while practicing ten to twelve hours a day. Needless to say, this caused him physical problems, and in the end, or so I've read, what got him off this track was that Jungkook joined him on the diet and ate exactly what he did. Jimin started eating more normally again because he couldn't stand to watch Jungkook starve. Or at least that's how it's reported in various fan videos I've seen, none of which cite a source, so take it for what it's worth.

Jimin has gone on record as saying that his current appearance feels closer to his real self. So there's that.

It's really been intriguing getting to know this group, to be honest. So much stuff out there. 

@ralucutzagyI saw both those lives, too. Not gonna lie - Suga with a guitar is a man I could easily fall in love with...

On 10/21/2020 at 5:30 PM, barbara said:

Yes, but they tend to come right as the event is happening. Not in advance. 

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Isn't that because RM is occasionally clumsy? It appears to be a running joke among the members that RM can break anything he touches and has/had two left feet.

lol, I love that about him. I was thinking that I wish I knew about BTS before we got our cats because I would have named our cat Namjoon since he's our house's little god of destruction - he's managed to destroy both the upstairs and downstairs carpet, a ceiling tile, a wooden chair, and multiple small household items.  That's one thing I can relate to RM about - he's so clumsy and ditzy about such common sense things. I love the juxtaposition of his eloquence, confidence, and intelligence with the more humanizing aspects.  I kind of imagine Yuzu being most like RM - extraordinary in so many ways but can't cut an onion.

I think both RM and Jin are considered to be the weakest dancers in the group. Now that I've been watching their concerts, I see that all the members get featured at some point but it would be nice if Jin could get a chance to really show his stuff without being distracted by the dancing on a televised performance.

Since I don't have anyone in my personal life that's interested in these things, hubby gets stuck talking to me about everything I like and we watched a compilation of Japanese concerts. warning, the comments might be offensive:

Spoiler

14:30  Jimin is singing.

Hubby: There's a girl in this band? 

Me: No, they're all guys.

Hubby: This one is sexy. 

Me: Yeah, he's really pretty like that skater I like

Hubby: No, that skater is a really good looking guy. This one is sexy. I mean, all the guys are sexy, but they're sexy like dudes. This one's sexy like a girl. I'm not into dudes at all, but I could be into that one.

Me: huh. This is the most masculine I've seen him dress.

Hubby: I'd bang her.

Later, there's a clip from 2015.  I told hubby how when they started, people on the net told RM to quit the band because he was too ugly

Me: I thought maybe it was his styling back then but he still looks really handsome to me

Hubby: I think he's the best looking one

About Suga:

Hubby: I don't like this one. He seems like he thinks he's better than everyone else. But it's hard to blame someone for that attitude when they really are better than everyone else.

(I explained that he just has a more stoic personality and that I didn't think that was the way he really was)

14 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

lol, I love that about him. I was thinking that I wish I knew about BTS before we got our cats because I would have named our cat Namjoon since he's our house's little god of destruction - he's managed to destroy both the upstairs and downstairs carpet, a ceiling tile, a wooden chair, and multiple small household items.  That's one thing I can relate to RM about - he's so clumsy and ditzy about such common sense things. I love the juxtaposition of his eloquence, confidence, and intelligence with the more humanizing aspects.  I kind of imagine Yuzu being most like RM - extraordinary in so many ways but can't cut an onion.

I think both RM and Jin are considered to be the weakest dancers in the group. Now that I've been watching their concerts, I see that all the members get featured at some point but it would be nice if Jin could get a chance to really show his stuff without being distracted by the dancing on a televised performance.

Since I don't have anyone in my personal life that's interested in these things, hubby gets stuck talking to me about everything I like and we watched a compilation of Japanese concerts. warning, the comments might be offensive:

Hide contents

I was watching the Japan concert compilation and Jimin was singing 

Hubby: There's a girl in this band? 

Me: No, they're all guys.

Hubby: This one is sexy. 

Me: Yeah, he's really pretty like that skater I like

Hubby: No, that skater is a really good looking guy. This one is sexy. I mean, all the guys are sexy, but they're sexy like dudes. This one's sexy like a girl. I'm not into dudes at all, but I could be into that one.

Me: huh. This is the most masculine I've seen him dress.

Hubby: I'd bang her.

Later, there's a clip from 2015.  I told hubby how when they started, people on the net told RM to quit the band because he was too ugly

Me: I thought maybe it was his styling back then but he still looks really handsome to me

Hubby: I think he's the best looking one

About Suga:

Hubby: I don't like this one. He seems like he thinks he's better than everyone else. But it's hard to blame someone for that attitude when they really are better than everyone else.

(I explained that he just has a more stoic personality and that I didn't think that was the way he really was)

:roll::LOL:

Your husband's commentary is a thing of (NSFW) beauty and a joy forever...please keep sharing it. 

Also, show him this for a laugh:

By the way: 

Spoiler

The first time I heard Jimin's voice in Dynamite, I totally thought it was a girl too. 

I think it would be fun for all of us (and anyone else who is interested and/or joins us in the next few months (and the drought will surely send more people this way) to try our best to learn one BTS song to "perform" at a karaoke spot at the next competition we get to attend.  I suspect that will be ACI2021 - I am hoping Yuzu will be there. I suggest Dynamite because the lyrics are in English and, presumedly, easier to learn.  I am not a dancer.  My son laughs at me trying to imitate Jimin's move - but, if we can choose one version of Dynamite (maybe the official one, because it does have movement and dancing, sort of, in all of it), we can start learning now.  There are videos out there with variations and I LOVE Tiny Desk Concert, but there isn't a lot of dancing.... Thoughts? We certainly have enough time to try to learn the lyrics and make embarrassing stabs at the choreo.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I think it would be fun for all of us (and anyone else who is interested and/or joins us in the next few months (and the drought will surely send more people this way) to try our best to learn one BTS song to "perform" at a karaoke spot at the next competition we get to attend.  I suspect that will be ACI2021 - I am hoping Yuzu will be there. I suggest Dynamite because the lyrics are in English and, presumedly, easier to learn.  I am not a dancer.  My son laughs at me trying to imitate Jimin's move - but, if we can choose one version of Dynamite (maybe the official one, because it does have movement and dancing, sort of, in all of it), we can start learning now.  There are videos out there with variations and I LOVE Tiny Desk Concert, but there isn't a lot of dancing.... Thoughts? We certainly have enough time to try to learn the lyrics and make embarrassing stabs at the choreo.

If we did it the way the boys do - with each person singing different lines - no one satellite would have to learn the whole thing. We could combine our efforts at the end. 

I volunteer for RM's lines LOL.

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If we did it the way the boys do - with each person singing different lines - no one satellite would have to learn the whole thing. We could combine our efforts at the end. 

I volunteer for RM's lines LOL.

Hmmm - I'll have to watch a few more dozen times, possibly today, to think about whose lines I'd like to learn...

On 10/25/2020 at 6:43 AM, ralucutzagy said:

So, Boy with Luv reached 1 billion views on YT yesterday! :loveshower: Yay! Good job, Army! :clap: DNA has over 1,1 bil views, too! Fake Love is next! We can do it!! :rock:

It's one of my favorites so no problem for me to watch it every day.

Dynamite is slowing down. It can't break the fastest to a billion but maybe it can make top 10.  Justin Bieber is at #10 with 136.2 days.  Dynamite is at 529,939,466 after 78 days.

Anyone know how to watch the old Vlives? I want to watch some from a couple years ago but I only saw videos going back a couple months. I'm still figuring out how to use all the apps - so hard to learn new things when it's so easy to go on Youtube but it seems better to learn these things so I don't have to wait and search.

I'm currently learning about Jungkook. It's so cute how awkward and fidgety he is. I think of Bambi when I look at his face now.

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

It's one of my favorites so no problem for me to watch it every day.

Dynamite is slowing down. It can't break the fastest to a billion but maybe it can make top 10.  Justin Bieber is at #10 with 136.2 days.  Dynamite is at 529,939,466 after 78 days.

Anyone know how to watch the old Vlives? I want to watch some from a couple years ago but I only saw videos going back a couple months. I'm still figuring out how to use all the apps - so hard to learn new things when it's so easy to go on Youtube but it seems better to learn these things so I don't have to wait and search.

I'm currently learning about Jungkook. It's so cute how awkward and fidgety he is. I think of Bambi when I look at his face now.

https://channels.vlive.tv/fe619/home 

You can find lots of clips in here. 

Hehe, JK was cute like a bunny buuuuut he kinda evolved, now he's soooooo hot. Out baby bunny is all grown up. <3

13 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

https://channels.vlive.tv/fe619/home 

You can find lots of clips in here. 

Hehe, JK was cute like a bunny buuuuut he kinda evolved, now he's soooooo hot. Out baby bunny is all grown up. <3

Hasn't he though! It must come as a huge shock to everyone who started following them early on.  I mean, if you look at "My Time" JK vs, say, 'Beautiful' -era JK, it's not just a gap, it's the whole Grand Canyon.

Compare with mushroom Yuzu vs 'I rule the ice and your hearts' Origin 1.0 Yuzu...same thing going on.