The Planet's BTS Fan Club

17 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

How do you watch the concerts?  Are there more shows?

Today reminded me of why I didn't want to get involved with a foreign band. I like to have Youtube on in the background while I do chores, but since everything had subtitles, I ended up just sitting and watching the screen.  After hours of not getting anything done, I thought, "I'll just listen to the music".  But then how do you not watch the dancing?  So after a couple more hours of getting almost nothing done, I finally just turned on TSL because I don't give a sh*t about looking at their faces so wouldn't be tempted to sit and watch.

btw, does glammed up Jun look like Jin to you guys?  Different face shapes but the eyes, eyebrows, lips, nose, fluffy hair, and body type look similar.  Maybe this will be what Jun looks like in 10 years.  eta: I know Jun has more of a double eyelid than Jin, but I think Vogue photoshopped a more pronounced crease and Jun's crease is subtle so I notice more the size and shape of the eyes. Actually, I'm surprised that Jin doesn't have more of a double eyelid since he's touted as the Korean beauty ideal

Also, you think we should start a separate BTS thread? I know this one isn't very active but maybe people come here looking for music recs and don't want to see the same thing over and over?

cha-junhwan-vogue-4-960.jpgChamodelmore-2.jpg

1590434704-ewyeprhxsai-nip.jpgBTS-Kim-Seok-Jin-640x400.jpg

Sadly, were only 2 online concerts, 10-11 October. The tickets were available on Weverse shop and when you purchase it you also receive a link to a platform were you can watch the concert. But, it's okay, as we expect the dropping of their new album BE, in November (can't wait, yay). I'm sure that will be at least one or two teasers before the album is released and RM said that they have lots of ideas of how to promote the album even if it's only online due to the current COVID situation.

Lol, looks like we really need a BTS thread if the admins are okay with this.

Btw, tomorrow is Jimin's birthday and my TL  twitter is already going crazy about it. lol

And Jun really looks like Jin's younger version. So handsome, both of them. :heart:

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

@ralucutzagy@rockstaryuzu

Just started this thread so we can fangurl to our heart's content without hijacking the other thread.

@sallycinnamon

Not important, but if you want to keep things more organized, we started taking over the thread from the 2nd post of page 17.

Great! :loveeyes:

Fantastic! So who watched the online concerts this weekend? I was so hesitant about it, but bought one ticket for day 1 out of curiosity...and then liked it so much I went and bought day 2 as well. 

It was great! I was able to sit comfortably in my PJs and robe and drink coffee and enjoy the show from a much better, closer view than I'd ever get at a live event, for a fraction of the price. I hope they do more of these. 

Jimin's Filter was a revelation...but so was Jungkook's My Time (I almost needed the smelling salts for that one).

Proof:

https://kpophit.com/bts-jimin-in-a-full-purple-suit-is-the-only-worthy-opponent-of-jimin-in-a-full-burgundy-suit-kpophit/

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-jungkook-reveals-full-live-performance-time-first-time-concert/

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Fantastic! So who watched the online concerts this weekend? I was so hesitant about it, but bought one ticket for day 1 out of curiosity...and then liked it so much I went and bought day 2 as well. 

It was great! I was able to sit comfortably in my PJs and robe and drink coffee and enjoy the show from a much better, closer view than I'd ever get at a live event, for a fraction of the price. I hope they do more of these. 

Jimin's Filter was a revelation...but so was Jungkook's My Time (I almost needed the smelling salts for that one).

Me, me, me! I watched the second day with a friend and fangirling hard loool! I loved it!!!! :loveshower:Jimin's purple outfit for the Filter was something else!! Gorgeous!!!

I didn’t know about it but there was someone that gave out links on Facebook so I’m going to watch it later. I’ll send it to you guys when the waiting period is over.

have to go to bed now but just wanted to pop in to share my joy 😃

also, did you guys see that clip of RM singing? 

OMG, Jimin looks so pretty on that cover!

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

did you guys see that clip of RM singing?

Which one? 

RM's solo turn (he did Persona) was something else. I swear the guy looks like all a gal's sinful desires rolled into one glorious male creature...:10742290:

Okay I'll stop now. 

On 10/12/2020 at 2:09 AM, Old Cat Lady said:

Today reminded me of why I didn't want to get involved with a foreign band. I like to have Youtube on in the background while I do chores, but since everything had subtitles, I ended up just sitting and watching the screen.  After hours of not getting anything done, I thought, "I'll just listen to the music".  But then how do you not watch the dancing?  So after a couple more hours of getting almost nothing done,

You just described my whole September, but eh, they were happily lost hours so I'm not complaining. 

One thing that I found really helped keep me from staring at their videos all the time was to look up the English translations of their lyrics. Once I know what a song means, I can just listen to it without looking at it, if that makes sense. I find Genius English Translations to be pretty good and they have sooo much BTS stuff: https://genius.com/Genius-english-translations-bts-stigma-english-translation-lyrics

Just type in the name of the song you want. 

As for the concert, I saw the announcement for it on WeVerse, which BigHit's exclusive social media app. You can download it on the Google Play store. It's worth it, although the chat is full of angsty hormonal 14 year olds. Lots of good info to be had about what they're doing next, free BTS content, or you can purchase stuff like online concert tix too. 

I hesitantly bought the Day 1 ticket at the last minute, and enjoyed the experience so much I bought day 2 as well. There's something to be said for sitting in your kitchen at 6am, in your jammies, and drinking tea in comfort while still having a way better seat and view of the concert than you could ever afford live. Plus, they provided a live chat so you could 'scream' along with all the other viewers and see their reactions too. 

Agreed with you about Jun and Jin.

• yuzuangel changed the title to The Planet's BTS Fan Club
On 10/13/2020 at 2:59 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Which one? 

RM's solo turn (he did Persona) was something else. I swear the guy looks like all a gal's sinful desires rolled into one glorious male creature...:10742290:

False alarm.  I thought it was a clip of RM actually singing (as opposed to rapping) a song, but turns out it was a fan edit and that's not his voice  

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

One thing that I found really helped keep me from staring at their videos all the time was to look up the English translations of their lyrics. Once I know what a song means, I can just listen to it without looking at it, if that makes sense. I find Genius English Translations to be pretty good and they have sooo much BTS stuff: https://genius.com/Genius-english-translations-bts-stigma-english-translation-lyrics

Just type in the name of the song you want. 

Thanks. That'll be helpful.  I wish I didn't have such a goldfish memory - I actually have to study things to remember words no matter how many times I hear it. I would like to actually be able to sing along so I might have to look up phonetic lyrics a well

I've always been a little sad that my parents didn't try to help retain my native language but never more so than now.  Ah well, my parents are poor, simple small town folk so I understand but those skills sure would be handy.

Lately, I've been watching Jin videos. It started out as looking up RM videos but apparently NamJin is a popular ship so Youtube algorithm led me to NamJin videos which led to Jin videos.  In the beginning, Jin left the least impression on me as I didn't think he was as talented as the others, but this video really touched me, especially at 1:13 when he's giving the speech about how he just wants to make his mom proud.  Just heartbreaking to think about him growing up feeling the weight of his mother's disappointment, which a lot of us can relate to.

As I watched more Jin videos, I realized that maybe Jin isn't the strongest dancer or singer in the group, but he is an important emotional support for the family.  RM is like the "fun, flashy" parent but Jin is like the underappreciated practical parent, showing his love in the gestures he makes like making them food and taking care of them. Then I watched more about how he worked so hard on his own time, and I could relate to that feeling of trying so hard just to barely keep up. I started appreciating him precisely BECAUSE he's not as naturally gifted as the others and respecting him for carving out a niche.  Plus we're both foodies. So far, I find Jin to be the most relatable of the group ... except for the worldwide handsome part - I'm more like household handsome, lol. (as you can see, I also enjoy Jin's Dad jokes. I think he's hilarious and is a real talent for something like a host of a talk show).

For a moment, I thought he was taking over the spot for my 2nd favorite, but then I watched Jimin's Filter performance. That combination of cute and sexy with a hint of mischief just kills me!  I can't believe how quickly he changed costume - it doesn't seem possible!

16 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I've always been a little sad that my parents didn't try to help retain my native language but never more so than now. 

Not too worry. There are free 'Learn Korean with BTS' videos on WeVerse, too. 

I've watched that Filter video umpteen times but I still can't figure out how he does the costume change. It's a wonderful bit of stage magic I guess. 

Jin is much more talented than he lets on. Just look at his performance of 'Moon'. That took me by surprise so much. 

I find the way all the members keep being amazed by each other,  super-relatable. Like, you start to get a sense of how much they admire each other's talent and each one feels like they have to work hard to keep up - it's the best kind of teamwork and it really propels them forward. 

But to me, it's RM and his sense of responsibility towards the others as their leader that I really identify with. It's so much like aspects of my life. 

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Here`s the latest Run, BTS!

https://www.vlive.tv/video/217855

and, Jimin did a livestream today ( https://www.vlive.tv/video/218944?channelCode=FE619  ). So far no English subs for that, but the man looked absolutely captivating.

JK and Suga went on vlive today, too! Both looking great! Suga sung his guitar for us! Yay! 

It is so funny. I discovered BTS during quarantine and I didn't visit the planet very often during that time and when I started again to come back to the planet more regularly I discovered other fanyus got interested into BTS just like me. :happy:

JK said in his live that he took part in the music video production and filmed some scenes. I am really excited and impatient to see it!:smiley-happy085: