The Planet's BTS Fan Club

10 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Here is another concept photo for BTS's new album BE! Our boy, Taehyung, looking amazing!

There are, also, 2 concept clips dropped yesterday with all the members! 

You think it means anything that Jin was moved from one side of the group to the other and with a significant gap between him and the rest?  the positioning just looks odd in the 2nd video

gah! I wish the stylists would get Jin away from the bangs look. When he has his hair styled back he looks like a Disney prince. I don’t get why this schoolboy cut is so popular in Asia. 

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

You think it means anything that Jin was moved from one side of the group to the other and with a significant gap between him and the rest?  the positioning just looks odd in the 2nd video

gah! I wish the stylists would get Jin away from the bangs look. When he has his hair styled back he looks like a Disney prince. I don’t get why this schoolboy cut is so popular in Asia. 

Jin's position in the second clip  could mean something - I mean, it's BTS, everything has a meaning, maybe Jin's  soon departure (end of 2021) to military, who knows...

And abt the hairdo, they are cute enough to look good with any style, just like Yuzu, but IMO the only one who really rocks this style is V :heartpound:, the others look like cute high schools boys. I mean, look at Suga. So cuteee.

And, btw, the first MV from the soon to be released new album (Nov 20), it's called Life Goes On. It will be dropped on Nov 20 too, at 2 PM SKT. Can't wait! :happydance:

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Third concept photo - RM, with his love for wood art, bonsai art and simplicity. :heartpound:

This is my favorite so far. It's warm, comfortable, calm, and inviting - just like RM himself, I think. And it looks a lot like my parents' living room when I was growing up. There's a reason RM's my bias. :redface:

i like Jungkook and Jin’s. they seem to be 2 sides of a coin.

on Facebook, they had these posted and for some reason Jin’s was labeled as “True” instead of his name (the other guys had their names). The person who posted it didn’t understand it either- thought maybe she did something on her end

if it was released that way, between this and the weird change in positioning on the group concept video, it makes me think they’re doing something special with Jin on this album. maybe as a grand send off?

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

i like Jungkook and Jin’s. they seem to be 2 sides of a coin.

on Facebook, they had these posted and for some reason Jin’s was labeled as “True” instead of his name (the other guys had their names). The person who posted it didn’t understand it either- thought maybe she did something on her end

if it was released that way, between this and the weird change in positioning on the group concept video, it makes me think they’re doing something special with Jin on this album. maybe as a grand send off?

I thought (or had heard) that military service has been postponed for all of BTS.  There would be no other reason for him to be leaving unless he has to show up for military service on his 28th birthday (and not, let's say, on the last day of being 28). Also, Suga will be 28 in March, only three months different, so I don't think this is something about Jin leaving.  Maybe just an error in translation?

On the BTS website where these are originally posted, the English text also says "True" under Jin's photos, so I think it's probably some AI translation software error. 

Jungkook's surprised me because the visual of it looks so dark and mysterious, but once I realized it was all about music, I could see how it fit him. 

But Jin's threw me for a loop. It really wasn't what I expected...well, except for the enormous self-confidence thing. 

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the lavender couch looks a lot like an oyster shell, making Jin a pearl. I like that. 

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

On the BTS website where these are originally posted, the English text also says "True" under Jin's photos, so I think it's probably some AI translation software error. 

Jungkook's surprised me because the visual of it looks so dark and mysterious, but once I realized it was all about music, I could see how it fit him. 

But Jin's threw me for a loop. It really wasn't what I expected...well, except for the enormous self-confidence thing. 

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the lavender couch looks a lot like an oyster shell, making Jin a pearl. I like that. 

IMO, his words have a double meaning, like everything BTS, his big self-confidence is meant to bust our self-confidence "Everyone of us is a gem". He looks totally gorgeous, btw lol.

12 hours ago, barbara said:

I thought (or had heard) that military service has been postponed for all of BTS.  There would be no other reason for him to be leaving unless he has to show up for military service on his 28th birthday (and not, let's say, on the last day of being 28). Also, Suga will be 28 in March, only three months different, so I don't think this is something about Jin leaving.  Maybe just an error in translation?

Currently it's only postponed until December of next year.  The Korean government is still trying to figure out what to do with them.  1 rumor is that they'll postpone it for 5 years and then have all of them go together.  Other people are trying to get it cancelled altogether.  After all, they do a much greater service to their country in their careers than they could in the military.   Some people think that if they win a Grammy, they could get exempt.  But other people think even if the government grants them an exemption, it wouldn't be worth the public backlash since patriotism is so important to S Korea.

But you make a good point about Suga having to go next year anyway. It doesn't make sense to honor Jin with a big send off when another is going as well. I imagine that no one knows what they're doing yet - doesn't make sense to stretch it out but they also want to take advantage of their rise. A pause at this point in their career could ruin their trajectory.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You would think they would have fixed it by now though?  I could understand if it translated to "Gold" or another word that "Jin" could get mixed up with but as far as I can tell, "True" doesn't make a lot of sense

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-meaning-of/korean-word-dd67e98bf8bbe1bddbeeba78b4701dc2d976302d.html

There was a lot of backlash from fans because Jin got such a small part in "Dynamite". I don't remember where it was, but apparently somewhere there was a wall of comments from fans saying "BTS is 7" and some fans rented a van near Big HIt protesting his seemingly diminished role.  Maybe Big Hit wants to feature him more in response? But that doesn't make much sense timing wise - would they make those kinds of adjustments in just 2 months?

The tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist in me wonders if BH did it on purpose to emphasize Jin's importance to try to postpone or exempt him from military duty.  (to be clear, I don't actually think that's what happened, just something rattling around the squirrel brain)

I had no expectations but upon reflection, RM's seems to be perfect for how I picture him. It has this warm, down to earth, and calming feel to me.  You would think V would have put a saxophone in his room but I suppose that breaks up the aesthetics.  I see Jungkook as being so adorable and quirky so I wouldn't have predicted something so dark, but love the aesthetics. It seems to reflect an artsy soul.  Jin's looks bright, pure, and hopeful - makes me think of unicorns and what they represent.  Jin's room explanation is the most interesting and inspiring. I like V's bit about the photo reflecting how he sees the world and his place in it.

eta: almost forgot Jimin. Except for the outfit, his reminds me of a woodland nymph. But I imagine that's partly because he's so pretty and cute already.

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Currently it's only postponed until December of next year.  The Korean government is still trying to figure out what to do with them.  1 rumor is that they'll postpone it for 5 years and then have all of them go together.  Other people are trying to get it cancelled altogether.  After all, they do a much greater service to their country in their careers than they could in the military.   Some people think that if they win a Grammy, they could get exempt.  But other people think even if the government grants them an exemption, it wouldn't be worth the public backlash since patriotism is so important to S Korea.

But you make a good point about Suga having to go next year anyway. It doesn't make sense to honor Jin with a big send off when another is going as well. I imagine that no one knows what they're doing yet - doesn't make sense to stretch it out but they also want to take advantage of their rise. A pause at this point in their career could ruin their trajectory.

On that note:

Both J-Hope and RM posted on WeVerse recently about the results of a physical checkup all the members did in mid-October. They both said they were told to 'gain muscle mass'. And now today, BigHit put out an announcement saying that SUGA had surgery on the 3rd of November to fix his bad shoulder ( that was injured when he got hit by a car in 2012).  

The announcement says, in part, that besides the pain and trouble the shoulder causes, Yoongi's getting this done now 'in order to be fully prepared for military service'. 

Nothing's been said so far about any of the younger members' health.

One of the things I found out when reading up about the Korean draft, is that you're supposed to go for a physical at 18 in preparation for entering, and if you haven't completed your service by a certain time, you have to repeat the physical. And one of the things they do is give you a report on your physical condition in relation to the military requirements. 

Taking all of that together, I think BTS already knows they definitely won't be getting an exemption and are getting ready to enlist. And my guess is that it'll be Jin and Suga together, sometime after the Grammys next year. 

Which I personally think is positively criminal, but I'm not Korean and therefore my opinion has no weight.

The question is, how many of them will enlist at once? IMO it's better to pull the bandage off quickly, do it in the shortest possible time, and for all of them to go together and get through in 2 years. 

On of the things that stuck out in Korean commentary about this was the issue of fairness. There's a lot of resentment around the issue of special exemptions and who gets them. If that's so, then the military service should be mandatory for both sexes. Can't get more unfair than forcing all the young men in the country to sacrifice two years of their lives while the women don't have to. 

One more thing:

J-Hope also commented that the doctors thought the members were all 'giraffes' because of their height. LOL!