General Yuzuru Chat

it always amazes me how yuzu has managed to preserve the beauty of the soul in his person and what he does

-still amazed by his fan's gestures, and grateful

-how he so adequately can convey the ethereal theme in his skating

-still loves his chosen craft no matter how bad it's been for him, he keeps loving it over and over again

-etc. just an overall very radiant person

I haven't watched prologue yet but just from the photos/various recaps I've seen circulating around social media, I'm very glad that he's at this point in his career and life. He was already one of the most consistent skaters in the field before, but to see him skating clean in back to back shows really speaks to his overall well-being. I hope he had a happy 28th and the year will treat him kindly.

We no longer have the Salt thread so I don't really know wherelse to say this but here goes nothing LOL

I just saw a CM for the coming JNats and can I just say, how shameless JSF and Fuji TV are for using Yuzu's images and footages like that. The man is not even in the circus anymore LOL. 

If they are so, so, so very confident about the faces they chose to promote, why not just relying on them? All the resources needed are there (in theory) for drama and click and attention, no?

Also, what new hero? None of the skaters showing up are even new LOL (except baby Mao)

4 minutes ago, Melodie said:

We no longer have the Salt thread so I don't really know wherelse to say this but here goes nothing LOL

I just saw a CM for the coming JNats and can I just say, how shameless JSF and Fuji TV are for using Yuzu's images and footages like that. The man is not even in the circus anymore LOL. 

If they are so, so, so very confident about the faces they chose to promote, why not just relying on them? All the resources needed are there (in theory) for drama and click and attention, no?

Also, what new hero? None of the skaters showing up are even new LOL (except baby Mao)

did the salt thread get deleted? i was under the impression that only active posters could use it which is why it disappeared for me...

5 hours ago, Melodie said:

Well, at least we know they know who is still the main character 😅

I think when Yuzu fills the seats in a baseball stadium and not a mere arena (we're talking about 50,000 versus 15000 seats) both ISU and JSF will realize what they lost when they more or less forced Yuzu to exit competing.  The thing is Yuzu is, as has been said by many others, is a skating rock star and he'll fill up the stands at that baseball field in Tokyo just like the Beatles did in that baseball field in New York City in 1964.

Does anyone want to speculate about GIFT broadcast? GIFT infopage says that there will be cameras, so the question is will it be a (live) broadcast, livestream, DVD or a combination of these? Does anyone know how Amuse has handled events at Tokyo Dome before? I suppose that at least covid taught them how to do a livestream? I have seen some speculation/rumours about possible broadcasters. Seems like Asahi is collaborating with another ice show on the same date as GIFT, so it is unlikely to be the broadcaster. The new program on 12/25 has produced some speculation that this time it could be TBS with the broadcasting rights.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I think when Yuzu fills the seats in a baseball stadium and not a mere arena (we're talking about 50,000 versus 15000 seats) both ISU and JSF will realize what they lost when they more or less forced Yuzu to exit competing.  The thing is Yuzu is, as has been said by many others, is a skating rock star and he'll fill up the stands at that baseball field in Tokyo just like the Beatles did in that baseball field in New York City in 1964.

You are absolutely correct. This will be especially telling if Gift sells out and the other ice shows scheduled for the same days do not. 

As previously discussed on various social platforms, had Yuzu been treated fairly as a competitive athlete, there would have been ample opportunity for a two times Olys champ to be invited to the galas as an honoured guest to skate and sell the gala tickets. Yuzu could have sustained the big organisations and delighted fans for years. 

A squandered chance, but Yuzu has shown us Prologue and will soon be bringing Gift to those who wish to continue giving Yuzu their support and encouragement. 

To quote Puck

" O what fools these mortals be "