General Yuzuru Chat

Besides Amazon JP and CDJapan is there another website that sells AERA internationally, preferably both editions?

I decided to give in and buy the magazines after seeing the photos, but Amazon JP and Romanian payment methods don't mix and CDJapan has the shipping costs higher than the magazines themselves

If anyone has any idea, please, let me know! Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, LiaRy said:

Besides Amazon JP and CDJapan is there another website that sells AERA internationally, preferably both editions?

I decided to give in and buy the magazines after seeing the photos, but Amazon JP and Romanian payment methods don't mix and CDJapan has the shipping costs higher than the magazines themselves

If anyone has any idea, please, let me know! Thanks in advance

Some Japanese bookshops are available on eBay UK, they sell new items. Many sellers combine postage on multi orders. I've ordered books, photobooks and Blu rays using these shops. Some are taking pre orders for the Aera publications.

37 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Some Japanese bookstores are available on eBay UK, they sell brand new items. Many sellers combine postage on multiple orders. I have ordered books, photobooks and blu rays using these stores. Some are taking pre-orders for Aera's publications.

:wave: LiaRy and PERELANDRA : I was just going to answer (the beginning is off topic) : I was out of battery for my laptop and I couldn't find anything on the net and "EBAY appears", I click and HOP I find a battery that I received and "I don't know why"? :shrug: , I type on the top bar "YUZUZU HANYU" and in front of my eyes like that OO a full page of Yuzu products en masse ++++ and payable in € and I found the famous AERA where he is lying on a bed of blue rose and therefore, in my opinion : if EBAY by a seller based in Japan, has this AERA from 2018 in stock (66.80€ + shipping of 25.21€, he will have this one !!!!!! !  

Last night, I went to the video section and I just read that fanyus saw the "disappearance" of this section and I saw that it's :peace2:maintenance

On 9/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, YuDai said:

Why are fanyus so desperate about Yuzu and tango programs :68468287:

Unpopular opinion maybe: I belong to those who would NOT recommend tango or Queen to Yuzu. Not exactly because it's not my cup of tea and I've heard some songs too many times in figure skating competitions. The reason for me is that Yuzu is unique and so is his music choice. Of course he had used famous melodies when he was younger and one may argue that even after his second OGM he had skated to Origin and Otonal which had been used by other skaters before. In this case it was on purpose as both were tribute programs. However, even Rondo, which was popular among figure skaters already, was not used by Yuzu in its original form but he asked a pianist he had co-operated with to play it especially for him, to arrange it to express his personal feelings. I'm a big fan of Yuzu skating to Japanese music. We've seen that Seimei and Ten to Chi have found their ways into the ears and hearts of overseas fans easily. I trust him to chose something very special for his new program(s).

12 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

Unpopular opinion maybe: I belong to those who would NOT recommend tango or Queen to Yuzu. Not exactly because it's not my cup of tea and I've heard some songs too many times in figure skating competitions. The reason for me is that Yuzu is unique and so is his music choice. Of course he had used famous melodies when he was younger and one may argue that even after his second OGM he had skated to Origin and Otonal which had been used by other skaters before. In this case it was on purpose as both were tribute programs. However, even Rondo, which was popular among figure skaters already, was not used by Yuzu in its original form but he asked a pianist he had co-operated with to play it especially for him, to arrange it to express his personal feelings. I'm a big fan of Yuzu skating to Japanese music. We've seen that Seimei and Ten to Chi have found their ways into the ears and hearts of overseas fans easily. I trust him to chose something very special for his new program(s).

I join your possibly unpopular opinion :67638860:

3 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Some Japanese bookshops are available on eBay UK, they sell new items. Many sellers combine postage on multi orders. I've ordered books, photobooks and Blu rays using these shops. Some are taking pre orders for the Aera publications.

Thanks for the tip! Sometimes, the shipping costs can be so much that they're higher than the price of the actual products. So, eBay UK would be a great alternative. I'll probably still have to pay import taxes because the UK isn't in the EU anymore, but shipping should definitely be lower than from Japan. :grin:

1 hour ago, Elly said:

I do too! :giggle:

Me three! I don't think tango would be ideal for Yuzu. Nor Queen. He has developed such a unique style that his music choices should also be extraordinary, something that only he can skate to and perform and interpret perfectly. :dancingpooh:

Im so stoked for his solo show. I hope we get some bread crumbs since international fans are harder pressed to go...I just hope his ankle holds out.  Im well excited to see him bury i*u and j** financially for a long time to come.:LOL:

2 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

This is Yuzu's show, solo and as you say unique. It would be culturally enriching for the audience if Yuzu has worked with Japanese musician and has decided to express himself to Japanese music. It would be a fantastic way to showcase music from his homeland and bring it to a worldwide audience. The word prologue means beginning, what better way to indicate a new start than to break away from the traditional warhorses of skating.

( Not a tango fan for singles skating, it is a dance for two people and can work for Ice Dance or Pairs if they have the right chemistry. tbh tangoes have been quite overdone and it can be awkward to watch, if the couple have can't convincingly bring the physical tension to the performance. Kind of like Ross and Monica doing 'The Dance' at the pretend New Year party )

3 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Unpopular opinion maybe: I belong to those who would NOT recommend tango or Queen to Yuzu. . . . .  The reason for me is that Yuzu is unique and so is his music choice. Of course he had used famous melodies when he was younger . . . . . 

I'm a big fan of Yuzu skating to Japanese music. We've seen that Seimei and Ten to Chi have found their ways into the ears and hearts of overseas fans easily. I trust him to chose something very special for his new program(s).

52 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

This is Yuzu's show, solo and as you say unique. It would be culturally enriching for the audience if Yuzu has worked with Japanese musician and has decided to express himself to Japanese music. It would be a fantastic way to showcase music from his homeland and bring it to a worldwide audience. . . . . .

( Not a tango fan for singles skating, it is a dance for two people and can work for Ice Dance or Pairs if they have the right chemistry. . . . .  )

I fully agree with all of the above   :yes:   Tango is out of question from my pov.

SEIMEI is one of my top favs and in great part because of its music (I've always liked the sound of East Asian music, from early childhood). I also liked the "eastern" sound that "White Legend" was clad in.

But then I also like LMEY very much, although not primarily bc of the song - but Yuzu's skating is so on point to it, it's great. I don't like the music of LGC nor that of PW, but of course his skating is superb, so I do gladly rewatch PW.

All in all, and imo, Yuzu's elegant artistic skating is most impressive when combined with music of a classical bent, and sth based on traditional Japanese sound would suit him very well indeed.