General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Sharing my thoughts on what yuzu might be planning. I can’t imagine he would be satisfied with just the traditional style ice shows. He wants the thrill of competition. 

I think that would be a great endeavor and a huge undertaking which he could easily pull off. The concern from a fan's point-of-view is that being an organizer of such an event, or any competition immediately disqualifies our Yuzu from competing himself...so we would not actually see any of his own skating should he do this. :( 

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzuru the boy became Yuzuru the man and now Yuzuru the man has become Yuzuru the Corporation, a powerful newly logoed juggernaut, never to be used (without his consent), bullied or manipulated by anyone ever again.

Of course, Yuzu will not change. He will remain true to himself and to his fans. I have the feeling that Yuzuru the Corporation will find ingenious ways to make his skating much more accessible to his international fans. Why would he hire a law firm known for its expertise in international law otherwise?

Thank you! You're making me even more excited for both reasons - Yuzu not going to be bullied/used/manipulated anymore, and the possibility of seeing him skate. :cheer: The moment I learned about this high-powered law firm representing him, I knew better days are ahead of him and, in turn, us as his fans.

4 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Yuzu’s profile on JSF has also been deleted. Thankfully I have screenshots of the latest updates hehe 

Edit2:

So his visit to JOC/JSF was to probably cancel his registration with the institutions.

Edit3: Actually, ANA sent the request to JSF, formally. So Yuzu now is officially under ANA, not JSF, they are the ones taking care of all his discontinuations.

Oh. This made me giggle.  

He is FREE from JSF! This is seriously the best thing from his decision though I will miss Yuzu in competition. 

3 hours ago, Muffinator said:

A few months ago, before Yuzu retired, I had an idea to start a letter campaign to the ISU explaining how we were unhappy the way they were steering away from artistry and how they needed to use technology for accurate scoring. The idea was to produce a professional quality letter explaining how we are unhappy with the direction the ISU is taking away from artistry and their unwillingness to use available technology to insure scores are not unfair. Then, we were going to ask thousands of fans to send a copy of the letter to the ISU. 

I knew I couldn't do this on my own, especially because I am not an expert on figure skating and technology. So, Anabel contacted me and said she was willing to organize it. She got us our own thread on Planethanyu called "ISU Letter Action" under the General Yuzu thread. I am the legal advisor, editor, and cheerleader who works closely with Anabel. We bounce ideas back and forth. We recruited excellent expert writers and an webpage designer. We found about a dozen people willing to translate the letter into their languages. We were making progress on this campaign. Then, Yuzu retired.

We are now befuddled and don't know what to do. Should we quit? Should we continue? Each of us have rolling emotions. We have decided to give ourselves until Sunday to decide if we will continue the project.

One of my concerns was that since Yuzu retired, is that fans would not participate in our campaign (called ICE, "International Correspondence Event: To advance the sport of figure skating.") So, my question is, what do you think? Would you download and print a prewritten letter to the ISU in an attempt to save figure skating from becoming "ice jumping" and to make scoring more standard and fair? Or, would you say, meh, since Yuzu is no longer competing, the question is moot, and you wouldn't bother mailing a letter to the ISU within a certain time frame? Is the project worth continuing beyond Yuzu's retirement?

I really would like to know what Fanyus think. Thank you.

Personally I have no intention to attend any ISU events from now on and fill their pocket with my hard earned money unless Yuzu appears for whatever reason. I also doubt I will spend time to stream a competition live. At most I will indirectly contribute via YouTube advertisement fees if I happened to watch some videos of skaters whom I am still interested in on their YT channel.

Honestly I think ISU is beyond hope but for the sake of the younger skaters, it's good to continue with this letter campaign. With Yuzu out, you can now show that this campaign is done for the love of the sports and not by "biased fanyus". While I no longer want to watch future ISU events, I am happy to help send out letter. Of course the ultimate decision depends on both of you. 

13 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Sharing my thoughts on what yuzu might be planning. I can’t imagine he would be satisfied with just the traditional style ice shows. He wants the thrill of competition. 

I hope Yuzu makes his own ISU and revamp the entire PCS Scoring system with AI technology and only let computers be judges. And he can compete in that lol

5 hours ago, Muffinator said:

A few months ago, before Yuzu retired, I had an idea to start a letter campaign to the ISU explaining how we were unhappy the way they were steering away from artistry and how they needed to use technology for accurate scoring. The idea was to produce a professional quality letter explaining how we are unhappy with the direction the ISU is taking away from artistry and their unwillingness to use available technology to insure scores are not unfair. Then, we were going to ask thousands of fans to send a copy of the letter to the ISU. 

I knew I couldn't do this on my own, especially because I am not an expert on figure skating and technology. So, Anabel contacted me and said she was willing to organize it. She got us our own thread on Planethanyu called "ISU Letter Action" under the General Yuzu thread. I am the legal advisor, editor, and cheerleader who works closely with Anabel. We bounce ideas back and forth. We recruited excellent expert writers and an webpage designer. We found about a dozen people willing to translate the letter into their languages. We were making progress on this campaign. Then, Yuzu retired.

We are now befuddled and don't know what to do. Should we quit? Should we continue? Each of us have rolling emotions. We have decided to give ourselves until Sunday to decide if we will continue the project.

One of my concerns was that since Yuzu retired, is that fans would not participate in our campaign (called ICE, "International Correspondence Event: To advance the sport of figure skating.") So, my question is, what do you think? Would you download and print a prewritten letter to the ISU in an attempt to save figure skating from becoming "ice jumping" and to make scoring more standard and fair? Or, would you say, meh, since Yuzu is no longer competing, the question is moot, and you wouldn't bother mailing a letter to the ISU within a certain time frame? Is the project worth continuing beyond Yuzu's retirement?

I really would like to know what Fanyus think. Thank you.

Simple answer: Yes!

Don't even have to think about it, because I want to keep art in figure skating and still hope we will get fair judging one day and maybe, just maybe your campaign can help a little bit, who knows. And to be honest, I think the campaign will be more effectiv with Yuzu no longer active. It shows that it's not about a single person, but the sport itself.

So if I can agree with what will be written in the letter, yes, I will send it.

But if you decide you don't want to do it anymore, of course we will respect your decision. It's your time and effort. I would be just one of hopefully many that will hit print and take it to the next mailbox.

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

:offtopic2:Penser à poursuivre quelque chose à un niveau supérieur. Le Théâtre royal accueillera un hommage à Noureev en septembre ( je me souviens que vous admirez sa danse ) J'ai vu RN au Colisée en 1976 le spectacle était La Belle au bois dormant, toujours au programme

Comme Noureev Yuzu s'efforce d'être la meilleure version de lui-même. 

WOOOOO how lucky you are to see RN in real life and to have been able to admire his dance  :heartpound: and it's very true that he and Yuzu have done EVERYTHING to refine their ART 

At home, I have P Candeloro who does shows on ice and maybe Yuzu will be inspired by it and, in addition, they know each other and are friends and Philippe has appeared quite a bit in FOI 

https://candeloroandco.fr/spectacles-sur-glace/  

15 hours ago, Umebachi said:

That will be quite an endeavor but I wholeheartedly hope it will become a reality.

I also have a hunch that in addition to show pieces, he will continue to present programs at competition levels (at ice shows, I mean) to challenge himself. Just can't wait for the pandemic to be over so I can fly to Japan to see him skate in person. 

Letter to ISU

This is a real opportunity to send a strong message to ISU that their standards of judging, scoring, bias and discrimination has been noticed by the FS fan community and that as the Governing body for the sport they need to take responsibility for the governance of the competitions and the quality of judging etc.

Public opinion can make a difference, public scrutiny and revealing sub standard practice will lead to change and can improve attitudes, behaviours and practice.

I stand by these convictions, as one of the co writers of the letter. 

Just a couple of thoughts:

People in power often think that they are untouchable. History serves to contradict this. 

Huge corporations have been brought down. Presidents have been impeached. Revolutions have taken place. Monarchs have lost their crowns and even their heads.

Unfair laws have been changed.

All of those radical changes were brought about by ordinary people. Those voices turned into movements. Change happened because of people acted together with a common interest.

8 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Letter to ISU

This is a real opportunity to send a strong message to ISU that their standards of judging, scoring, bias and discrimination has been noticed by the FS fan community and that as the Governing body for the sport they need to take responsibility for the governance of the competitions and the quality of judging etc.

Public opinion can make a difference, public scrutiny and revealing sub standard practice will lead to change and can improve attitudes, behaviours and practice.

I stand by these convictions, as one of the co writers of the letter. 

Just a couple of thoughts:

People in power often think that they are untouchable. History serves to contradict this. 

Huge corporations have been brought down. Presidents have been impeached. Revolutions have taken place. Monarchs have lost their crowns and even their heads.

Unfair laws have been changed.

All of those radical changes were brought about by ordinary people. Those voices turned into movements. Change happened because of people acted together with a common interest.

If i could double like this, I would!