General Yuzuru Chat

13 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Hope someone is recording this! Hehe

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Will try!

Also can satellites make note of when/what station things are being aired? I can also try to download all of them if I can easily find them on one of those JPTV streaming services... Thank you!!

For those who are interested in team Sirius.

I thought I had read it somewhere, and found the article today.

This is an excerpt from an article of weekly magazine 週刊文春 Shukan Bunshun. This is one of gossip magazines, and I do not totally agree with the whole article, but as far as this info on the management team is concerned, it may be OK to believe.

https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/55974?page=2

実は、羽生は13年10月に、マネジメントや肖像権などを管理する個人事務所「team Sirius」を設立していた。当初は由美や城田と縁のある女性が取締役を務めていたが、18年11月、フィギュア界と縁の無さそうな人物が代表取締役に就任している。

元東京地検特捜部検事で、現在は、企業コンプライアンスなどを専門にする弁護士の政木道夫だ。

「東京地検の久木元伸検事正らと同期で、花の司法修習41期。04年に弁護士に転身しました。原発事故を巡る東電旧経営陣の裁判では、弁護士として被告の一審無罪を勝ち取った。伊調馨がパワハラを告発した問題では、レスリング協会の調査を行う第三者委員会の委員を務めました。羽生家とは18年11月以前から付き合いがあったそうで、事務所の社長に就任したといいます」(社会部記者。政木は「回答は差し控えさせて頂きます」と回答)

(rough translation by me)

In fact, in October 2013, Hanyu established a personal office, team Sirius, to do management including portrait rights. Initially, a woman who had a connection with Yumi (Hanyu) and (Noriko) Shirota served as Director, but in November 2018, a person who seems to have no apparent connection with the figure skating world was appointed as Representative Director.

It is Michio Masaki, a former prosecutor of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office and now a lawyer specializing in corporate compliance etc.

“He was a colleague of Shin Kugimoto, Chief Public Prosecutor of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office, and other elite prosecutors of the famous 41st year of legal apprenticeship. He became a lawyer in 2004. As a lawyer, he won the acquittal of the defendant in the first instance in the trial of the former management of TEPCO over the nuclear accident. In the issue of Kaoru Icho's accusation of power harassment, he served as a member of the third-party committee investigating the Japan Wrestling Federation. We hear that he had known the Hanyu family before November 2018, and was appointed as the head of the office,” said a reporter from the Social Affairs Department (of the press). (Masaki said that he would refrain from giving a response)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Virtual Pooh Rain was planned for GP announcement ? or First Comp?

Either way, now those events are not going to happen. Instead, it would be a great thing to do to give Yuzu his Pooh Rain as a support for his new path and good luck message. 

Let us know when to post. 

Could it be to start now, so that he would find out the (heavy) rains as he wakes up tomorrow morning or by lunch :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:japan time?  Can someone help initiate and spread if this sounds good?  Or wonder when we /he sees it soon…

2 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Sharing my thoughts on what yuzu might be planning. I can’t imagine he would be satisfied with just the traditional style ice shows. He wants the thrill of competition. 

Ohh, I would love that. It would be a little unfair though since he would win them all :laughing:

16 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Sharing my thoughts on what yuzu might be planning. I can’t imagine he would be satisfied with just the traditional style ice shows. He wants the thrill of competition. 

That truly would be a competition worth travelling to see. Please, let me join the queue for tickets. 

Plus huge boxes for skater gifts and Pooh Blizzard and lots of fantastic merchandise

Yuzu please take my money

50 minutes ago, shina07 said:

I’m going to miss him in JNats this December 

Yes! For me, for years, it was waking up in the middle of the night, all bundled in blankets, to sit in front of my laptop during the Christmas season to watch our Chinese friend stream, with words running through the sometimes lagging and buffering stream...with no idea what was being said other than knowing we all shared a love of skating, and esp Yuzu.  It was this amazing 3am experience only shared by devotees.... now I "might" continue because it's habit and I do love Mai, Kaori and Rika...but I might just sleep through the night instead...

im gonna make a list of competition stuff ill miss (in no particular order) just because im in my feels again watching all of these clips of yuzu pop up:

the things ill miss:

1. His presence in general lol it always hyped everyone up and i don't think that special feeling of yuzuru hanyu taking the ice at a competition whether or not it was during practice or the actual event will ever be replicated 
  2. kiss and cry, it was sad how recently he didn't have anyone but pooh while waiting for his scores ;w; i missed when borser and co would make jokes with him, react with him etc. and ill miss him talking to pooh during k&c too 
  3. the ritual before skating, shake hands with coaches, bend down, squeeze pooh's face, go to the center, crossing himself as a reminder to keep his axis straight and prayer hands, sometimes lil spins
  4. pooh rain, ending pose, the loud cheering 
  5. costume reveal! always so fun 
  6. seeing all the banners in the stands for him 
  7. filling in the holes in the ice/helping staff do it 
  8. podiuming (when he was genuinely happy with the result), the flower crown/wreath shenanigans 
  9. interactions with other skaters

Annual virtual watch parties are a great idea, I hope we can implement them soon enough @LiaRy and @Anabel, especially for us who might not be watching figure skating much anymore. 
Who knows, maybe we can even check Yuzu’s inspirations - other athletes, musicians… or this is just a plot for me to convince people that Blinding Lights is not cringe 

LOL

Thank you @citrusjunos for your post, really appreciate your thoughts in this forum, and you help us process it with you as well!

As for future plans and speculations of his motivations… 

I think even newer fans are now aware how unpredictable Yuzu is :hihi:

I can’t remember a single time where the english speaking online fanbase predicted something and he went through with it. 
He has been very ambiguous since JNats, and now we have confirmation from his mouth that he thought about stopping competing for a while. He took one season, one batch of comps, at a time. 
The fact he kept JOC/JSF out of the loop of his final decisions might speak about how he was not willing to communicate with them, not necessarily that he changed his mind abruptly, I think. Also, big things happened in Japan recently, he might have had to hold on calling the presscon for a couple of weeks.

I will certainly miss some things about seeing Yuzu in competition, but those are things I have been missing for 3 years already… 

Surely we can still send him gifts and show up with banners! 

But honestly. At this point. Do we really know what he is up to? LOL 

I’m just at the passenger’s seat following this madman’s tour. 
But I am excited to see good skating for years to come, that’s really a silver lining in all this~