General Yuzuru Chat

33 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Yup! This is why I don't think Jeff did the choreo for Real Face. Oh well, one day we will know for certain 😌

This is what makes me think that Jeff was involved, even if slightly, in the choreography of Real Face:

RF Practice Nagoya: Yuzu & Jeff

RF Practice Nagoya: Yuzu & Jeff (cont)

You can see his shape around the ice rink during the practice. But those are the clearest screenshot I could take. I think it's plausible considering that Yuzu does put a lot of his ideas and things he would like to try in the programs (and this is a program for an ice show, so it doesn't have to look as a Jeff's program like PW or LGC). As I said, it's just an educated guess.

9 minutes ago, Wintek said:

This is what makes me think that Jeff was involved, even if slightly, in the choreography of Real Face:

RF Practice Nagoya: Yuzu & Jeff

RF Practice Nagoya: Yuzu & Jeff (cont)

You can see his shape around the ice rink during the practice. But those are the clearest screenshot I could take. I think it's plausible considering that Yuzu does put a lot of his ideas and things he would like to try in the programs (and this is a program for an ice show, so it doesn't have to look as a Jeff's program like PW or LGC). As I said, it's just an educated guess.

I do see your points. That could make sense, too. 

From time to time he does have programs whose choreographers are not known (Wings of Words or Believe, anyone?).

50 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1YG411x76b?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=378f54dc58cdf753b9796b73abf95a88

I found the Yuzu-cut from today's Nagoya program, but I can't get it to embed in the video archives. Can someone help, please?

Thank you! For some reason I actually have to find the embed code which looks something like:

<iframe src="//player.bilibili.com/player.html?aid=428023233&bvid=BV1YG411x76b&cid=761778007&page=1" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" allowfullscreen="true"> </iframe>

and paste the line in bolded between the src=" " into the field to get it to embed.

4 hours ago, IceWings said:

I saw that Russian news reported that Helsinki was hosting one of the GP events. Are they replacing CoC? And so now ISU is working on who will replace Rostelecom?

If Helsinki is hosting, is it at the same arena as 2018?

I hope they announce assignments soon so I can request time off from work before the management team announces a bunch of project deadlines on those dates. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Metro Areena (Espoo) is likelier than Hartwall Areena (Helsinki) due to political reasons that I won't get into.

There is a smaller rink in Helsinki that in theory could be used, but I've seen people claim they've already seen the logo for Espoo GP :shocked:

Interview with Yuzu and Javi from the FaOI Kobe pamphlet, automatically translated with deepL. As always, I have put a lot of work into it to make it as good as possible, but I don‘t speak Japanese and this is not a proper translation.

! Do not repost outside of Planethanyu !

Spoiler

Fantasy on Ice was cancelled for two years due to the spread of the new coronavirus. This is the first time in three years that it has happened, and Kobe is the third stop, after starting in Makuhari on 27 May. Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier Fernandez, who have participated in Fantasy on Ice as main performers for many years and were teammates as athletes since the summer of 2012, and have competed on the world stage in friendly rivalry, shared their thoughts on the ice show.

Q: It's been three years since Fantasy on Ice. You have already finished the shows in Makuhari, what was your impression of the start of this show?

Hanyu: Fantasy on Ice is a long tour, from the first performance to the last day, but this time, from the very beginning, I could feel the enthusiasm of the audience, to the point where I was like, "Is this the last day already?". So I was happy about that. It wasn't just about my performance or everyone else's, it was more about the feeling of togetherness that only Fantasy on Ice can bring, and I felt that in the connection with the audience.

Fernandez (hereafter Javi): I agree with what Yuzuru said, the energy coming from the other skaters and the audience was amazing. Also, I thought there was a lot more excitement in the air than usual, because we haven't had a chance to skate in front of an audience for a long time and we haven't had Fantasy on Ice for a long time. And I think for a lot of skaters, it's also challenging in a way. I hadn't skated like this for almost three years, so it's taken me a while to get back into it and of course I'm tired. But I think it was a good experience and a good comeback.

Hanyu: I heard that the corona situation in Spain was very tough and difficult, how was your life, Javi?

Javi: The situation in Spain was not good for a long time, so I couldn't skate as much as I wanted to, and we had to do a lot of things to fight infection... I had to deal with many complicated things in my daily life and in my practice sessions, so it was really difficult. But I am very happy and excited that life is gradually returning to normal. I feel like I finally have my life and what I used to do back.

Q: I would like to ask you about your choreography for the ice show and your commitment to your performance. 

Hanyu: For me, the music is my main focus... Of course, the world view is also important, but it has to be in harmony with the music. I also try to always have a clear idea of what kind of story or theme I want to express with the music.

I always want to make sure that the performance communicates something to the audience, even if I cannot always convey 100% of what I was intending in my performance.

Javi: Like Yuzuru, I want the audience to feel what I am doing on the ice or what is happening on the ice, by telling small stories or expressing the music on the ice.

So I feel that I want to draw the audience towards my performance as much as possible.

Now I'm really looking forward to the shows in Kobe. It will be a very interesting time for me there, I think. Unlike the previous two events, we have prepared a collaboration programme, in which I'll be skating to the same song with which I won a medal at the Olympics, with an artist actually singing it for me. It's the first time for me to skate to that music with a live singer, so I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope that the audience will like it and remember the Olympics when they see it.

Hanyu: Can I ask you a question myself please? Do you feel any difference between being a competitive athlete and being a professional skater?

Javi: That's a very good question (laughs). I think my life changed completely in one day when I turned professional after competing. From the moment I decided to quit competing, I felt like a new life had begun. I don't have to train hard every single day anymore. Of course, I still train for the ice shows, but it's a completely different life than when I was competing. Before that, it was very hard for me to keep myself on a tight schedule and manage myself well. I used to wake up in the morning, train, practice on the ice, go home, rest and then go to bed, but it's all different now. Now, so many things really happen in one day. It's like opening a door and stepping into a new world. It's very interesting, but at the same time I think many things require a different kind of endurance than when I was competing.

Q: Fernandez mentioned collaborations - collaborations with artists are unique to Fantasy on Ice - what criteria do you use to select the songs for these collaborations? Also, what are the interesting and the difficult aspects of collaborations?

Hanyu: Well, of course there are times when I choose songs that I am good at, but I also choose songs that broaden my range, like "Oh, I want to do something like this" or "I can also do something like this". So, of course, there are times when I try out genres I've never tried before...

However, in a collaboration, there is more pressure than usual, because the artist is there and I am performing alongside him. I don't want to cause any trouble for the artist, and there is a lot of pressure to create something that is even more perfect by working together. In that sense, it is quite an adventure, but on the other hand, the pressure can sometimes lead to a very good performance. I feel like I'm learning a lot every time I do it.

Javi: I agree with Yuzuru. I feel the same pressure as when I skate my own programmes, but I also strongly feel that I need to work as a team with my co-performers. But for us, it's a great opportunity to do something different, something new. I think we can have some special moments, special times.

I think the live singing is really beautiful... When we practice normally, we just play the same music over and over again, but to skate to a song sung live by an artist is a very precious thing, and I think it's very exciting and refreshing. So when I choose songs for that, I first think about the kind of tune that suits me.

Q: The two of you have been performing together for many years in Fantasy on Ice, as well as in other ice shows and post-competition exhibitions. Have you ever seen each other's programmes or performances and thought "I can't do that"?

Hanyu: Well, he can do some kind of comical programmes that only he can do. To me, he gives a kind of relaxed feeling... But it's not just about making people laugh. Like the Chaplin programme, it's a bit comical, but with a naturalness and a sense of spontaneity, while still expressing an emotional commitment to the audience. I think it's very difficult to find that balance, because you don't want it to become just a comedy. That's why I think that the way he connects with the audience and makes them laugh, and the way he makes them feel relaxed, is a kind of acting and movement that only he can do, and that I can't.

The reason for this is very difficult to explain, but my skating is not the type of skating that is relaxed, and I am able to catch the audience's attention with intensity, or on the contrary, I can make it look very beautiful, but I can‘t do anything like that. I'm not that type of skater. To be more technical, the way he swings the blade back and forth and the way he stops the movement is something that is unique to him. I think he's really good at that.

Javi: There are so many programmes from Yuzuru that make me think "wow!", it's hard to choose one (laughs). But if I had to pick one, I remember one that I can't name, but it's a really cool one with a black costume and a rock song. It's a bit like my 'Black Betty' program.

Hanyu: What is it, Masquerade?

Javi: No, it was an earlier programme.

Hanyu: Then maybe Doors 'Hello I Love You'? Or Gary Moore's 'Parisienne Walkways'?

Javi: Ah, it's Gary Moore. Parisienne Walkways. It was really cool, in a rock style. Another one that I remember well and that made a big impression on me was "Haru yo, koi". It's a very different style of performance from "Parisienne Walkways" because it's a Japanese music, but as a skater, I think performing to the music of your own country has a special significance. This programme was not only a great skating performance, but you could feel the emotions Yuzuru expressed in the programme, so I thought it was a work of art.

(Please don‘t share any Javi hate in a direct response to my post. Thank you.)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Let me know if this has been shared!

I’m laughing so hard LOL

For the confused, Vanessa shared a screenshot of Nobu’s comment on her latest video (that’s her tweet that Nobu retweeted), Nobu qrted, she commented exasperated, and Lae translated and contextualized for us :joy:

Oh my word, this is hilarious

Ah, to be an unapologetic fanyu in public…

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
17 minutes ago, birnasan said:

Entretien avec Yuzu et Javi du pamphlet FaOI Kobe, traduit automatiquement avec deepL. Comme toujours, j'ai beaucoup travaillé pour le rendre aussi bon que possible, mais je ne parle pas japonais et ce n'est pas une bonne traduction.

! Ne repostez pas en dehors de Planethanyu !

Masquer le contenu

Fantasy on Ice a été annulé pendant deux ans en raison de la propagation du nouveau coronavirus. C'est la première fois en trois ans que cela se produit, et Kobe est la troisième étape, après avoir débuté à Makuhari le 27 mai. Yuzuru Hanyu et Javier Fernandez, qui ont participé à Fantasy on Ice en tant qu'interprètes principaux pendant de nombreuses années et étaient coéquipiers en tant qu'athlètes depuis l'été 2012, et ont concouru sur la scène mondiale dans une rivalité amicale, ont partagé leurs réflexions sur le spectacle sur glace.

Q : Cela fait trois ans depuis Fantasy on Ice. Tu as déjà fini les shows à Makuhari, quelle a été ton impression du début de ce show ?

Hanyu : Fantasy on Ice est une longue tournée, de la première représentation au dernier jour, mais cette fois, dès le début, j'ai pu sentir l'enthousiasme du public, au point où je me suis dit : « Est-ce le dernier jour déjà?". J'étais donc content de ça. Il ne s'agissait pas seulement de ma performance ou de celle des autres, il s'agissait davantage du sentiment d'unité que seul Fantasy on Ice peut apporter, et je l'ai ressenti dans la connexion avec le public.

Fernandez (ci-après Javi) : Je suis d'accord avec ce qu'a dit Yuzuru, l'énergie provenant des autres patineurs et du public était incroyable. De plus, je pensais qu'il y avait beaucoup plus d'excitation dans l'air que d'habitude, car nous n'avons pas eu la chance de patiner devant un public depuis longtemps et nous n'avons pas eu Fantasy on Ice depuis longtemps. Et je pense que pour beaucoup de patineurs, c'est aussi un défi d'une certaine manière. Je n'avais pas patiné comme ça depuis presque trois ans, alors j'ai mis du temps à m'y remettre et bien sûr je suis fatigué. Mais je pense que c'était une bonne expérience et un bon retour.

Hanyu : J'ai entendu dire que la situation corona en Espagne était très dure et difficile, comment était ta vie, Javi ?

Javi : La situation en Espagne n'a pas été bonne pendant longtemps, donc je n'ai pas pu patiner autant que je le voulais, et nous avons dû faire beaucoup de choses pour lutter contre l'infection... J'ai dû faire face à beaucoup de choses compliquées dans ma vie quotidienne et dans mes séances d'entraînement, donc c'était vraiment difficile. Mais je suis très heureux et excité que la vie revienne progressivement à la normale. J'ai l'impression d'avoir enfin retrouvé ma vie et ce que j'avais l'habitude de faire.

Q : J'aimerais vous poser des questions sur votre chorégraphie pour le spectacle sur glace et votre engagement envers votre performance. 

Hanyu : Pour moi, la musique est mon objectif principal... Bien sûr, la vision du monde est également importante, mais elle doit être en harmonie avec la musique. J'essaie aussi de toujours avoir une idée claire du genre d'histoire ou de thème que je veux exprimer avec la musique.

Je veux toujours m'assurer que la performance communique quelque chose au public, même si je ne peux pas toujours transmettre à 100% ce que j'avais l'intention de faire dans ma performance.

Javi : Comme Yuzuru, je veux que le public ressente ce que je fais sur la glace ou ce qui se passe sur la glace, en racontant de petites histoires ou en exprimant la musique sur la glace.

Je sens donc que je veux attirer le public vers ma performance autant que possible.

Maintenant, j'attends avec impatience les concerts à Kobe. Ce sera un moment très intéressant pour moi là-bas, je pense. Contrairement aux deux événements précédents, nous avons préparé un programme de collaboration, dans lequel je patinerai sur la même chanson avec laquelle j'ai remporté une médaille aux Jeux olympiques, avec un artiste qui la chantera pour moi. C'est la première fois que je patine sur cette musique avec un chanteur live, donc j'ai vraiment hâte d'y être, et j'espère que le public l'aimera et se souviendra des Jeux Olympiques quand il le verra.

Hanyu : Puis-je vous poser une question moi-même s'il vous plaît ? Ressentez-vous une différence entre être un athlète de compétition et être un patineur professionnel ?

Javi : C'est une très bonne question (rires). Je pense que ma vie a complètement changé en un jour où je suis devenu professionnel après la compétition. A partir du moment où j'ai décidé d'arrêter la compétition, j'ai eu l'impression qu'une nouvelle vie commençait. Je n'ai plus besoin de m'entraîner dur tous les jours. Bien sûr, je m'entraîne toujours pour les spectacles sur glace, mais c'est une vie complètement différente de celle où j'étais en compétition. Avant cela, il m'était très difficile de respecter un emploi du temps serré et de bien me gérer. J'avais l'habitude de me réveiller le matin, de m'entraîner, de m'entraîner sur la glace, de rentrer à la maison, de me reposer et d'aller me coucher, mais tout est différent maintenant. Maintenant, tant de choses se passent vraiment en une journée. C'est comme ouvrir une porte et entrer dans un nouveau monde. C'est très intéressant, mais en même temps, je pense que beaucoup de choses nécessitent un type d'endurance différent de celui que j'avais en compétition.

Q : Fernandez a mentionné les collaborations - les collaborations avec des artistes sont uniques à Fantasy on Ice - quels critères utilisez-vous pour sélectionner les chansons pour ces collaborations ? Aussi, quels sont les aspects intéressants et les aspects difficiles des collaborations ?

Hanyu : Eh bien, bien sûr, il y a des moments où je choisis des chansons pour lesquelles je suis bon, mais je choisis aussi des chansons qui élargissent ma gamme, comme "Oh, je veux faire quelque chose comme ça" ou "Je peux aussi faire quelque chose comme ça ". Alors, bien sûr, il y a des moments où j'essaie des genres que je n'ai jamais essayés auparavant...

Cependant, dans une collaboration, il y a plus de pression que d'habitude, car l'artiste est là et je joue à ses côtés. Je ne veux pas causer de problèmes à l'artiste, et il y a beaucoup de pression pour créer quelque chose d'encore plus parfait en travaillant ensemble. En ce sens, c'est toute une aventure, mais d'un autre côté, la pression peut parfois mener à une très belle performance. J'ai l'impression d'apprendre beaucoup à chaque fois que je le fais.

Javi : Je suis d'accord avec Yuzuru. Je ressens la même pression que lorsque je fais mes propres programmes, mais je ressens aussi fortement le besoin de travailler en équipe avec mes co-interprètes. Mais pour nous, c'est une excellente occasion de faire quelque chose de différent, quelque chose de nouveau. Je pense que nous pouvons avoir des moments spéciaux, des moments spéciaux.

Je pense que le chant en direct est vraiment magnifique... Lorsque nous nous entraînons normalement, nous jouons simplement la même musique encore et encore, mais patiner sur une chanson chantée en direct par un artiste est une chose très précieuse, et je pense que c'est très excitant et rafraîchissant. Alors quand je choisis des chansons pour ça, je pense d'abord au genre de mélodie qui me convient.

Q : Vous avez joué ensemble pendant de nombreuses années dans Fantasy on Ice, ainsi que dans d'autres spectacles sur glace et expositions post-compétition. Avez-vous déjà vu les programmes ou les performances de l'autre et pensé "Je ne peux pas faire ça" ?

Hanyu : Eh bien, il peut faire des programmes comiques que lui seul peut faire. Pour moi, il donne une sorte de sensation de détente... Mais il ne s'agit pas seulement de faire rire les gens. Comme le programme Chaplin, c'est un peu comique, mais avec un naturel et un sens de la spontanéité, tout en exprimant un engagement émotionnel envers le public. Je pense qu'il est très difficile de trouver cet équilibre, parce qu'on ne veut pas que ça devienne juste une comédie. C'est pourquoi je pense que la façon dont il se connecte avec le public et le fait rire, et la façon dont il le fait se sentir détendu, est une sorte de jeu et de mouvement que lui seul peut faire, et que je ne peux pas.

La raison en est très difficile à expliquer, mais mon patinage n'est pas le type de patinage qui est détendu, et je suis capable d'attirer l'attention du public avec intensité, ou au contraire, je peux le rendre très beau, mais je ne peut rien faire de tel. Je ne suis pas ce genre de patineur. Pour être plus technique, la façon dont il balance la lame d'avant en arrière et dont il arrête le mouvement est quelque chose qui lui est propre. Je pense qu'il est vraiment doué pour ça.

Javi: There are so many Yuzuru programs that make me think “wow! it's hard to choose one (laughs). But if I had to choose one, I remember one that I can't name, but it's really cool with a black suit and a rock song. It's a bit like my 'Black Betty' program.

Hanyu: What's up, masquerade?

Javi: No, it was an earlier program.

Hanyu: So maybe Doors “Hello I Love You”? Or "Parisian Walkways" by Gary Moore?

Javi: Ah, it's Gary Moore. Parisian footbridges. It was really cool, in a rock style. Another that I remember well and that really stuck with me was "Haru yo, koi". It's a very different style of performance than "Parisienne Walkways" because it's Japanese music, but as a skateboarder, I think playing to music from your own country has a special meaning. This program was not only a great skating performance, but you could feel the emotions Yuzuru expressed in the program, so I thought it was a work of art.

(Please don't share any hatred of Javi in a direct reply to my post. Thank you.)

In fact (and everyone knows it HERE) I have to have it translated into English and it has become automatic!!!! 

Just about the COVID in Spain (since I am bordered by the Pyrenees chain) I had read articles that it was very bad in the country of Javi and (in advance SORRY by what I will write , but it was unfortunately experienced  :( ) and that some ice rinks had been requisitioned by hospitals to make morgues ...... alas 

1 hour ago, birnasan said:

Interview with Yuzu and Javi from the FaOI Kobe pamphlet, automatically translated with deepL. As always, I have put a lot of work into it to make it as good as possible, but I don‘t speak Japanese and this is not a proper translation.

! Do not repost outside of Planethanyu !

Reveal hidden contents

Fantasy on Ice was cancelled for two years due to the spread of the new coronavirus. This is the first time in three years that it has happened, and Kobe is the third stop, after starting in Makuhari on 27 May. Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier Fernandez, who have participated in Fantasy on Ice as main performers for many years and were teammates as athletes since the summer of 2012, and have competed on the world stage in friendly rivalry, shared their thoughts on the ice show.

Q: It's been three years since Fantasy on Ice. You have already finished the shows in Makuhari, what was your impression of the start of this show?

Hanyu: Fantasy on Ice is a long tour, from the first performance to the last day, but this time, from the very beginning, I could feel the enthusiasm of the audience, to the point where I was like, "Is this the last day already?". So I was happy about that. It wasn't just about my performance or everyone else's, it was more about the feeling of togetherness that only Fantasy on Ice can bring, and I felt that in the connection with the audience.

Fernandez (hereafter Javi): I agree with what Yuzuru said, the energy coming from the other skaters and the audience was amazing. Also, I thought there was a lot more excitement in the air than usual, because we haven't had a chance to skate in front of an audience for a long time and we haven't had Fantasy on Ice for a long time. And I think for a lot of skaters, it's also challenging in a way. I hadn't skated like this for almost three years, so it's taken me a while to get back into it and of course I'm tired. But I think it was a good experience and a good comeback.

Hanyu: I heard that the corona situation in Spain was very tough and difficult, how was your life, Javi?

Javi: The situation in Spain was not good for a long time, so I couldn't skate as much as I wanted to, and we had to do a lot of things to fight infection... I had to deal with many complicated things in my daily life and in my practice sessions, so it was really difficult. But I am very happy and excited that life is gradually returning to normal. I feel like I finally have my life and what I used to do back.

Q: I would like to ask you about your choreography for the ice show and your commitment to your performance. 

Hanyu: For me, the music is my main focus... Of course, the world view is also important, but it has to be in harmony with the music. I also try to always have a clear idea of what kind of story or theme I want to express with the music.

I always want to make sure that the performance communicates something to the audience, even if I cannot always convey 100% of what I was intending in my performance.

Javi: Like Yuzuru, I want the audience to feel what I am doing on the ice or what is happening on the ice, by telling small stories or expressing the music on the ice.

So I feel that I want to draw the audience towards my performance as much as possible.

Now I'm really looking forward to the shows in Kobe. It will be a very interesting time for me there, I think. Unlike the previous two events, we have prepared a collaboration programme, in which I'll be skating to the same song with which I won a medal at the Olympics, with an artist actually singing it for me. It's the first time for me to skate to that music with a live singer, so I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope that the audience will like it and remember the Olympics when they see it.

Hanyu: Can I ask you a question myself please? Do you feel any difference between being a competitive athlete and being a professional skater?

Javi: That's a very good question (laughs). I think my life changed completely in one day when I turned professional after competing. From the moment I decided to quit competing, I felt like a new life had begun. I don't have to train hard every single day anymore. Of course, I still train for the ice shows, but it's a completely different life than when I was competing. Before that, it was very hard for me to keep myself on a tight schedule and manage myself well. I used to wake up in the morning, train, practice on the ice, go home, rest and then go to bed, but it's all different now. Now, so many things really happen in one day. It's like opening a door and stepping into a new world. It's very interesting, but at the same time I think many things require a different kind of endurance than when I was competing.

Q: Fernandez mentioned collaborations - collaborations with artists are unique to Fantasy on Ice - what criteria do you use to select the songs for these collaborations? Also, what are the interesting and the difficult aspects of collaborations?

Hanyu: Well, of course there are times when I choose songs that I am good at, but I also choose songs that broaden my range, like "Oh, I want to do something like this" or "I can also do something like this". So, of course, there are times when I try out genres I've never tried before...

However, in a collaboration, there is more pressure than usual, because the artist is there and I am performing alongside him. I don't want to cause any trouble for the artist, and there is a lot of pressure to create something that is even more perfect by working together. In that sense, it is quite an adventure, but on the other hand, the pressure can sometimes lead to a very good performance. I feel like I'm learning a lot every time I do it.

Javi: I agree with Yuzuru. I feel the same pressure as when I skate my own programmes, but I also strongly feel that I need to work as a team with my co-performers. But for us, it's a great opportunity to do something different, something new. I think we can have some special moments, special times.

I think the live singing is really beautiful... When we practice normally, we just play the same music over and over again, but to skate to a song sung live by an artist is a very precious thing, and I think it's very exciting and refreshing. So when I choose songs for that, I first think about the kind of tune that suits me.

Q: The two of you have been performing together for many years in Fantasy on Ice, as well as in other ice shows and post-competition exhibitions. Have you ever seen each other's programmes or performances and thought "I can't do that"?

Hanyu: Well, he can do some kind of comical programmes that only he can do. To me, he gives a kind of relaxed feeling... But it's not just about making people laugh. Like the Chaplin programme, it's a bit comical, but with a naturalness and a sense of spontaneity, while still expressing an emotional commitment to the audience. I think it's very difficult to find that balance, because you don't want it to become just a comedy. That's why I think that the way he connects with the audience and makes them laugh, and the way he makes them feel relaxed, is a kind of acting and movement that only he can do, and that I can't.

The reason for this is very difficult to explain, but my skating is not the type of skating that is relaxed, and I am able to catch the audience's attention with intensity, or on the contrary, I can make it look very beautiful, but I can‘t do anything like that. I'm not that type of skater. To be more technical, the way he swings the blade back and forth and the way he stops the movement is something that is unique to him. I think he's really good at that.

Javi: There are so many programmes from Yuzuru that make me think "wow!", it's hard to choose one (laughs). But if I had to pick one, I remember one that I can't name, but it's a really cool one with a black costume and a rock song. It's a bit like my 'Black Betty' program.

Hanyu: What is it, Masquerade?

Javi: No, it was an earlier programme.

Hanyu: Then maybe Doors 'Hello I Love You'? Or Gary Moore's 'Parisienne Walkways'?

Javi: Ah, it's Gary Moore. Parisienne Walkways. It was really cool, in a rock style. Another one that I remember well and that made a big impression on me was "Haru yo, koi". It's a very different style of performance from "Parisienne Walkways" because it's a Japanese music, but as a skater, I think performing to the music of your own country has a special significance. This programme was not only a great skating performance, but you could feel the emotions Yuzuru expressed in the programme, so I thought it was a work of art.

(Please don‘t share any Javi hate in a direct response to my post. Thank you.)

I love the detail Yuzuru goes into to say what he likes about Javi's skating/what he says he himself cannot do, he says such nice things about Javi. I love how he joins in with the interviewer, asking questions too!

Thank you for the translation.