General Yuzuru Chat

Patiently waiting for a free skate announcement now (only free skate because I still hold my hope that rondo is staying). 

Assuming of course that there is going to be an announcement, and he will not just show up to a gp with the program ready LOL 

Yuzu has decided to compete for this season.

I'm supporting this decision wholeheartedly. Like many satellites, there are misgivings concerning scoring issues, whereby PCS and GOE can be manipulated to place skaters for the podium. This is a real shame. Yuzu is expert and intelligent in terms of fully understanding the implications of this unfair situation. He has, in spite of this made the courageous declaration that his future lies in competitive skating for the time being. Perhaps he is looking at the scoring issues philosophically and will enter the competitions, knowing that the powers that be may well ensure that he cannot win. This is tragic mistreatment, but Yuzu is determined to be seen, skating in his beautiful, artistic, athletic way. Maybe competing with this in mind, will reduce the pressure on him. Yuzu being very aware of all things skating may have come to the realisation that it is not his skating quality that has declined in any way, but the moral deterioration of the behaviours of those in charge. Hopefully, because he knows this, Yuzu can just perform and enthral everyone watching his skating. Yuzu knows that his scores didn't reflect reality since 2019, he is now free from the scoring tyranny, I hope that he just enjoys the experience from now on. 

I will be grateful, for as long as this lasts

Just a different consideration

The majority of competitors don't win a medal. If competing was only focussed on making the podium, why would anyone outside of the medal contenders bother turning up to competitions. Clearly they do attend comps and compete and come in nth place and there is satisfaction gained from doing their best. Perhaps Yuzu has accepted that his is enough for him too. 

I will still be grateful to see Yuzu turn up and skate

Oh no lightbulb moment

Is it specified that Yuzu is competing in singles?

What if he has moved to Ice Dance? He is still competing, but without jumps and strain on his joints, there is potential to go on until 2030 Sapporo. Maybe when he said he wanted to compete at Sapporo ( if it wins the Olympic bid ) he is switching to ID. Maybe he's already found a female ID partner that is tiny enough for him to lift or strong enough to lift him

:peek:May be i will go and hide, because that is too far out thinking !!!!

44 минуты назад, LiaRy сказал:

Thanks, I thought those coefficients would make up for the difference

As long as there is YH (an endless threat to their fake champions and records), a new benchmark for ISU records will not save. They generously throw points to the "champions" (as if in reserve) and records grow disproportionately to skills and presentation.
If you multiply the coefficients by the scores in the previous protocols, then the total amount is almost the same.

19 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Oh no light bulb moment

Is it specified that Yuzu competes in singles?

What if he switched to ice dancing? He's still competing, but with no jumps or strain on his joints, he has the potential to continue until 2030 in Sapporo. Maybe when he said he wanted to compete in Sapporo (if he wins the Olympic bid) he moves on to ID. Maybe he has already found a female identifying partner who is small enough for him to lift or strong enough to lift.

:a look:Maybe I'll go hide, because it's too far to think!!!!

: iagree: with your text, because Daisuke T has become an ice dancer and is currently 36 years old, after having been in singles !!!!!! and Yuzu showed us his qualities as a dancer during this FOI  :peace2: and will also be 36 years old in Sapporo  :coolio: !!!!! = EVERYTHING is possible 

@Yuzuwinnie

Exactly that, Dai T after having retired/returned over several cycles has found new purpose with Ice Dance

I watched him compete with Kana M at WC this year. In interview he had spoken to some commentators about improving upper body strength for the lifts. This is well within the capabilities of Yuzu. The lifts are not throws and not beyond Yuzu if he wanted to do this. As for musicality and skating skills, Yuzu demonstrates his prowess with these elements time and again. Female skaters would be lining up for auditions to partner Yuzu

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

@Yuzuwinnie

Exactly that, Dai T after retiring/returning to multiple cycles found a new purpose with Ice Dance

Je l'ai vu concourir avec Kana M au WC cette année. Lors d'une interview, il avait parlé à certains commentateurs de l'amélioration de la force du haut du corps pour les ascenseurs. C'est bien dans les capacités de Yuzu. Les ascenseurs ne sont pas des lancers et pas au-delà de Yuzu s'il voulait le faire. En ce qui concerne la musicalité et les compétences de patinage, Yuzu démontre ses prouesses avec ces éléments à maintes reprises. Les patineuses feraient la queue pour les auditions pour s'associer à Yuzu

Ahhhh so, you were in Montpellier COOL  :coolio: and as you write it we saw Yuzu's arms and abs and it's good for the lifts, of course (I'm also referring to my G&Gs  :peace2: ) and for the skaters he will find without difficulty  :nod2:  and here is the result and why Yuzu is SO loved 

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

@Yuzuwinnie

Exactly that, Dai T after having retired/returned over several cycles has found new purpose with Ice Dance

I watched him compete with Kana M at WC this year. In interview he had spoken to some commentators about improving upper body strength for the lifts. This is well within the capabilities of Yuzu. The lifts are not throws and not beyond Yuzu if he wanted to do this. As for musicality and skating skills, Yuzu demonstrates his prowess with these elements time and again. Female skaters would be lining up for auditions to partner Yuzu

I would love to see Yuzuru as an ice dancer!

Spoiler

Honestly, I think Daisuke was in a much better starting position than Yuzuru though. Daisuke had always (successfully) incorporated dance elements into his programs (c.f. Cyber Swan or Eye), he had studied different dancing styles in New York after his (very short-lived) retirement and performed in several dance shows off the ice...So he definitely had more of a background in dancing than Yuzuru does. 

That said, I am sure Yuzuru could do it if he put all of his effort into it, but ice dance requires very difficult skills from single skating, it wouldn't happen overnight.

Edit: Thanks @Xiupia, I guess it's official official now!

@Yuzuwinnie

Sadly had to make do with watching on TV. 

Yuzu and his WD left the men's field quite bland. The non contender groups were more interesting as despite lack of loads of quads or even no quads, those competitors really tried to have a good skate and made a good effort with skating skills. The medals group was lack lustre in comparison and of course no Yuzu

Oh wow... was too busy at work today, finally logging in to read the news!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that, but I feel a weird mixture of huge love/pride/awe and also dread - dread at the way he may be treated again and the possibility that I might relive some of the worst Beijing moments that destroyed me.

But at the same time, having only been a die hard Fanyu fan since literally 1h before the Olympics FS, I still look forward to the pure adrenaline I will feel prior to each event. I remember feeling that for Yu-Na, staying up all night, jumping/gasping/crying sometimes all simultaneously. There's nothing quite like it, I both hate and love it, the way it can make me feel. Kind of drunk and in love and witnessing something historical every time.

What's certain though, is that Yuzury Hanyu is not done showing the world his phenomenal talent and his hunger for a sport that he owes absolutely nothing to but who owes him everything.