General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Sun_Rise said:

A very quick automatic translation:

Yuzuru Hanyu "I will do my best to aim for higher this season" Skating Federation reinforcement player page updated

[ July 1, 2022, 5:47 PM ]

On the first day of the new season, the Japan Skating Federation updated the page of figure strengthening players on the official website. Yuzuru Hanyu (ANA), a male who has been designated as a special reinforcement player since last season and won the Pyeongchang Olympics in 18 years in a row, said, "Thank you very much for your support. I will do my best to get higher this season," he commented.

What an excitement in the morning.:panic:

So it seems to be official....

:cri:

OMG...yet another season, which we are allowed to "accompany" Yuzu.

Now of courseI I hope that his ankle completely heals. Stay healthy and happy Yuzu. We will continue to support you.

:snonegai:

There was a list published few months ago by JSF, which had various categories and athletes names within each section. The different sections strengthening, A and B, denotes the level of funding awarded by JSF for athlete training. Category designated 'Strengthening Athlete' is the highest level of funding per athlete. That is my understanding. The info can be found on JSF website, although this seems to have crashed. 

Hmmm, cannot imagine why that would be the case, it's almost as if people were desperate to find out out some information that has been deemed of importance. Now, what could that possibly be to warrant so much interest?

Please JSF, wake up and have a modicum of awareness of what people are genuinely interested in and here's a clue coming, it is not a make believe story.

OMG! It looks like Yuzu is really going to compete for another season!!! Waaah! :smiley-happy093:

We haven't gotten official confirmation yet, but after what Yuzu said about wanting to continue to pursue the 4A and landing it in front of everybody and now his JSF profile... For me, these are clear signs that Yuzu is staying! :studsmatta:

Whatever happens, I just want Yuzu to follow his heart and do whatever he truly wants to do and follow his own goals, vision, and aspirations. And of course I hope he stays healthy and happy always. :smiley-angelic001:

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Officially it was June 30th that was the deadline for notice to given if an athlete is planning to retire. Today is the 1st day of the new skating season, so if Yuzu is still there on the strengthening athlete list an his bio has been released, he has not given notice of retirement, ergo, planning to compete.

Yuzu is extremely considerate and if he had been planning on retiring from comps he would have made this announcement at least to JSF, not necessarily for public knowledge, so that any funding potentially being set aside for him would be appropriately reallocated to another athlete. JSF themselves state that funding is awarded only to athletes who have not declared retirement plans and although at the time of publication of funding allocations, they admitted that they had not yet received any communication notifying any changes from Yuzu, he had not indicated retirement at that time.

Again this may be purely wishful thinking but that was my understanding from the JSF announcement earlier in the year

I would change the part I bolded to

Yuzu is extremely considerate and if he had been planning on retiring from comps he would gave up the idea knowing the JSF and ISU are depending on him for funding.

:P JK

Somehow from the FaOI interviews, it doesn't sound like he's retiring but damn, I really dread seeing what those judges will try to do to bring him down. Though I really glad he may continuing for another season. He will still bring his Hanyu Yuzuru's skating regardless of the new scoring changes

hace 55 minutos , Anni said:

What an excitement in the morning.:panic:

So it seems to be official....

:cri:

OMG...yet another season, which we are allowed to "accompany" Yuzu.

Now of courseI I hope that his ankle completely heals. Stay healthy and happy Yuzu. We will continue to support you.

:snonegai:

I'm so happy! He's a real fighter.

And he's smart, so I'm sure he'll do everything he can to stay strong and healthy.

Anyway, we are with you no matter what, Yuzu.

7 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

cute :8232307:

"This is for you"

Boiling hot these days in Japan :dbana:

Oh yes, I know it's a heat wave in Japan : I read articles and yesterday it even went on the news to see people in Tokyo looking for shade / foggers and heard to do reductions in electricity consumption .... (FOI finished on time) and the poor chibis don't want sheep fur (it's good for winter) 

17 minutes ago, Anni said:

Wow...so beautiful colored pencil drawing. It looks so real.:heart:

[NEW]

You can watch the drawing process on youtube.

By the way,
I still can't open the JSF page.

WOOOOOOO but she WONDER  : knc_yuzu1:and tell herself that it is an incredible pencil drawing  :girlsigh: and limit and I opened and discovered the process and from the beginning with only her eyes, it is recognizable  

I had to pinch myself in front of THE official information and not to dream with my eyes wide open : hachimaki: YUZU and our full support :thanks: :665e343793b9: