General Yuzuru Chat

:20111123175648e45:  Poll time! :clapclap4:

as for yesterday's poll: I couldn't get my "don't want to watch this" to semifinals (as expected sigh):smiley-sad016: but at least Zuzu falling on his face made it! LOL for a hot moment it was losing but then people saw the light If you haven't seen @ jinx_3A 's art of that very cute and hilarious and iconic moment:68271262::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

4CC had possilby the best Mens' SP of the whole quad in terms of both programs and clean skates (well, at least in last two groups) and Zuzu updated his SP WR (underscored like H&L WR, but still...)

It was also the last comp pre-pandemic cancellation, and happenend with the big shadow of a then-still-epidemy hanging over the event. Many chinese fans who ahd bought tickets chose not to travel, and posted "empty seats full of love". It was so moving, because yes, it's friggin hard to give up on an event you've been looking forward for long, spent so much energy and also money for, just for Universe to happen and turn your whole world upside down:sadPooh: The fans who went made sure to cheer extra hard and made a great pooh rain happen.

Maybe because of the covid shadow all those 4CC20 moments are even more precious. Team China and Wenjing's call in support of Wuhan, Yuzuru's speech, too, in the interview right after the fs, a reminder of what was happening. Hope and Legacy in the gala, tying in to both PyeongChang memories and everything else:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: And then the entertaining finale, and the chaos, the cute moments with TCC bros, and the koala (sigh, 4CC21 was supposed to be in Australia), Zuzu fresh of brand new 4CC gold and slam and then his undignified tripping while taking the usual medallists pics :roll::embSwan:

3 hours ago, maryk said:

As for the photo shoot, you just KNOW that he's had a zillion offers! The photos in the shoots you mention are so beautiful...I can't really even imagine how gorgeous Yuzu would look in a high fashion photo shoot - no, really, beyond imagining! 

C'mon, dear Yuzu, have mercy on us!

I kind of think he looks the most beautiful in his natural habitat  on the ice, skating. I mean, there's a reason why his photobooks from his competitions, practices and iceshows sell like hot cakes :biggrin: But Team China really got an amazing photoshoots, sometimes even still incorporating some elements of FS (there's a pic where Cong is holding Wenjing up and she has such gorgeous lines) so maybe that kind of work would be able to compare to pics taken "in the wild":10636614:

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

By the way, I've seen some awesome professional magazine photo shoots with Sui/Han, Wang/Liu, Boyang, and Junhwan the last few days. I wish Yuzu could do something like this, too. He would look absolutely fantastic in a stylish high fashion magazine shoot. :girlsigh:

Yuzu is the man-boy of a thousand faces! From the cute boy next door to boy band idol to supermodel and everything in between – he’s always extremely photogenic!

“Guys, look at this, look-at-this. He leaves the ice right at the take-off, he doesn’t do any pre-rotation!” (..) This is actually insane, this is not even normal”.

“This is what you should be pointing out, this is the best technique that I don’t think other people could possibly do”

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Hi I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while hahaha. I don't know if this is the appropriate forum thread to post this but I'd like to share how I fell in love with Yuzu during the Beijing Olympics and to ask a very important question.

So I had a vague idea of his existence before (a few years back) due to the viral video of a "fall" he had after an interview at Sochi Olympics :laughing: I found him cute and it was funny but I did not really try to get to know who he was. Until I came upon a video of him in Beijing, how he fell but continually stood up to finish his program, for some reason it touched me. And because I interacted with that video the algorithm on my account kept on feeding me videos of him and I was even more stunned to know his history. And the words "efforts may lie but will never be in vain" resonated with me so much I can't help but want to cheer him on forever and wish for his happiness and health always. So now I'm falling down a deep deep Yuzu rabbit hole. :laughing:

Anyway, here's my question, as a foreigner (not Japanese, not living in Japan) I figured it would be hard to watch his ice shows in Japan. Do you think it is possible for us foreigners to watch and how? I heard tickets are sold out almost immediately and is won by "lottery" (I don't know what this means :confused:). If any of you can answer this question I would really appreciate it. Thank you so muchhh!

2 hours ago, citrusfairy said:

Hi I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while hahaha. I don't know if this is the appropriate forum thread to post this but I'd like to share how I fell in love with Yuzu during the Beijing Olympics and to ask a very important question.

So I had a vague idea of his existence before (a few years back) due to the viral video of a "fall" he had after an interview at Sochi Olympics :laughing: I found him cute and it was funny but I did not really try to get to know who he was. Until I came upon a video of him in Beijing, how he fell but continually stood up to finish his program, for some reason it touched me. And because I interacted with that video the algorithm on my account kept on feeding me videos of him and I was even more stunned to know his history. And the words "efforts may lie but will never be in vain" resonated with me so much I can't help but want to cheer him on forever and wish for his happiness and health always. So now I'm falling down a deep deep Yuzu rabbit hole. :laughing:

Anyway, here's my question, as a foreigner (not Japanese, not living in Japan) I figured it would be hard to watch his ice shows in Japan. Do you think it is possible for us foreigners to watch and how? I heard tickets are sold out almost immediately and is won by "lottery" (I don't know what this means :confused:). If any of you can answer this question I would really appreciate it. Thank you so muchhh!

Welcome to Planet Hanyu!!

As for the ice shows in Japan, I am not sure what is the current restriction around travelling there (I'm Japanese living overseas) so I can't advise you on that. Maybe someone else will be able to fill you in :)

From the past ice shows that Yuzu had participated, more or less the shows were aired on Japanese TV. So if you can use VPN or register with the services that provides Jpn TV streaming online, there are ways that you can watch the broadcasted shows. I am sure when Yuzu's casting is confirmed, PH will be having threads for ice shows that will show few links to watch them online.

5 hours ago, citrusfairy said:

Hello and welcome @citrusfairy
It's nice that you "discovered" Yuzu. :smiley-love017:

By the way photos:

Yaguchi-san posted this beautiful black & white picture of Yuzu <3
FPQayr0aUAEqixP?format=jpg&name=small

Credit: @yaguchi_toru on twitter

[NEWS]

🙏

Here the clips 

A balloon stylist from Hongkong  posted this Seimei balloon figure on instagram. :67638860:

I've never seen this before.
ballon-dekoseimeirckhj.jpg

More pictures:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbmeCMKB7jo/?utm_medium=copy_link

...and here also a video
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cbmi_pyhxSc/?utm_medium=copy_link

OP (nymphballoon) wrote in the comments to a question about Yuzu:

"Yes, I saw a video about him on Xiaohongshu recently and was moved by his story". 

smilie_girl_276.gif

[NEWS]

I wish all satellites a nice weekend :grouphug:

12 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu is the man-boy with a thousand faces! From cute boy next door to boy band idol to model and everything in between, he's always extremely photogenic!

: iagree: with you GEO1: he can have multiple faces, strict and closed in practice and pre-competition and then as we see on your video and the black and white photos are  :girlsigh: and here is a photo shoot for a magazine where Yuzu is a good model https ://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/171558153972/video-of-aera-photo-shoot  : he is not bad in this bed of blue roses ..... 

AHHHHH the 4CC 2020 and the artistic figure "Yuzu's face down slide"  :darklordyuzu:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwPzPaeQwI and it was the last one because of this terrible pandemic before returning to competition at JNATS 2020 and admire LMEY and TTCT  :peace2:  and, indeed also, that I :heartpound: this world 2017 = nothing to add 

:welcome: citrus fairy and others 

WOOOOOO Annie for this Sendai ice rink visit :mushroom8:

And a Yuzu that is cool YES and "badass" ??? 

4 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Welcome to Planet Hanyu!!

As for the ice shows in Japan, I am not sure what is the current restriction around travelling there (I'm Japanese living overseas) so I can't advise you on that. Maybe someone else will be able to fill you in :)

From the past ice shows that Yuzu had participated, more or less the shows were aired on Japanese TV. So if you can use VPN or register with the services that provides Jpn TV streaming online, there are ways that you can watch the broadcasted shows. I am sure when Yuzu's casting is confirmed, PH will be having threads for ice shows that will show few links to watch them online.

4 hours ago, Anni said:

Hello and welcome @citrusfairy
It's nice that you "discovered" Yuzu. :smiley-love017:

By the way photos:

Yaguchi-san posted this beautiful black & white picture of Yuzu <3
FPQayr0aUAEqixP?format=jpg&name=small

Credit: @yaguchi_toru on twitter

[NEWS]

Thank you so much for your responses! I'm so happy I found the planet coz the Yuzu updates here serve as my daily serotonin boosts. :heart:

I've put on my bucket list that I will watch Yuzu perform live at least once. I don't know if that will ever happen since I heard tickets are hard to get. :crybaby:

But for now, Planet Hanyu content will keep me watered so thank you so much to everyone here especially the admins. I hope to see my fellow fanyus someday too. 

4 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

The whole thread.

I will assume good faith of all information there, and... oh my. Does Geoff has videos of Yuzu... practising quints??? :ohmygod:  I mean, we know he has been attempting them because of the 4A right? I'm just... I don't know what to say. 

In the middle of the drought and all.

1 hour ago, citrusfairy said:

Thank you so much for your responses! I'm so happy I found the planet coz the Yuzu updates here serve as my daily serotonin boosts. :heart:

I've put on my bucket list that I will watch Yuzu perform live at least once. I don't know if that will ever happen since I heard tickets are hard to get. :crybaby:

But for now, Planet Hanyu content will keep me watered so thank you so much to everyone here especially the admins. I hope to see my fellow fanyus someday too. 

Welcome~

The new influx of people is so wholesome. 

12 hours ago, citrusfairy said:

Hi and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story, I love hearing how Yuzu attracted new fans, so many different stories but one thing in common: sooner or later, his gravitational pull will capture you and there's no coming back 😆

As for your question, I have never taken part in Jpn lotteries, so I only have a very general idea, maybe Jpn satellites like @SuzyQ can be more helpful (tagging since I've seen her around recently and maybe she'll see this too🙏)

(Am I missing something or Sweetwater hasn't been around lately instead? Hope she's ok:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: )

Anyway to enter lottery you have to register (with a jpn address/phone number??idk) and ask to take part in draws for certain categoriesof seats on a certain day. Lotteries are used because there's a very high demand, so you don't just book a ticket right away, but you express your wish to book, and that request is entered together with others in a lottery.

If you get drawn, great, congrats, you're one of the very lucky ones 🥳 and what you win is the seats they assign you, in the category and for the day you have applied for.

Usually there are several draws for the same event and you can apply in each of them, for a predetermined max number of tickets.

Afaik, because of scalpers, organizers have started checking more strictly for IDs when letting people in, so if you buy from a reseller (or for example, from someone who won a lottery but doesn't need the ticket anymore because they won better seats in another draw) you might get in trouble, unless iirc the one who sold you the ticket is still gonna go to the event and can enter with you at the security check.

I know that sometimes there were "dedicated" draws for foreigners (tho iirc not for the best seats), but also that some international fanyus managed to enter the "normal" jpn lotteries and win and could attend to shows/comps without trouble. It was pre covid tho.

If you can't find more info on this forum in the dedicated  competition/fanmeetings threads, on twitter 

Spoiler

people like @ marika_yuzu sometimes post some info (for example, she recommended fans who asked her if they could book a visit to the upcoming Exhibition to double check about travel restrictions first)

I also know e.g. @ blupuddy is an int. fanyu who managed to go to FaOI once and also to at least one comp in Japan, tho can't remember which route she went to get tickets.

I'm just dropping these names in case the future you may need to get in touch with people with first-hand knowledge about what to do.

Also keep in mind that sometimes rules may change for different events)

As for watching from home, last few seasons we've been lucky enough to get most days of Yuzuru's shows broadcasted. Even when we only got a delayed cut, we still got plenty of Zuzu (the perks of being fan of a wildly popular skater😆). For example, we got 3/4shows of SOI Yokohama broadcasted, with extra multiangle slowomo replays of Yuzu 🙈

For FaOI, at least Makuhari should get plenty of coverage.

You can watch any Jpn broadcast live subscribing to Jpn tv (the subscription needed may change according to which channel broadcasts), or relying on pirate stream like liveqq. All streaming info are usually added in the dedicated shows thread. If any kind of Zuzu stuff gets broadcasted, we get footage either way:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: