General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, Charisma said:

That is such a bad schedule for the men. I can't imagine any team will be putting an individual medal contender in the men's free. (Which raises the question of what Japan will do - their entire team is capable of medaling. Hopefully JSF doesn't protect their favorites and make their not-favorite go back-to-back...)

Also, why not flip the individual men's and pairs events? That way nobody's competing on consecutive days.

3 hours ago, river said:

That is such a bad schedule for the men. I can't imagine any team will be putting an individual medal contender in the men's free. (Which raises the question of what Japan will do - their entire team is capable of medaling. Hopefully JSF doesn't protect their favorites and make their not-favorite go back-to-back...)

Also, why not flip the individual men's and pairs events? That way nobody's competing on consecutive days.

I'm wondering if the intention is to force countries to put different skaters in the team event vs the individual? Otherwise, it's not very favorable for anyone in medal contention. Like, Boyang would also be affected by this.  

On the other hand, for a country like Canada (or Japan) that has way more contenders than qualifying spots,  being able to put an extra guy in for the team event would work out nicely. 

I haven't checked what the rules are for the team entry, so if I'm off-base on this  let me know...

3 hours ago, river said:

Do we know if this is the definitive version? Because there have been ten already.

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm wondering if the intention is to force countries to put different skaters in the team event vs the individual? Otherwise, it's not very favorable for anyone in medal contention. Like, Boyang would also be affected by this.  

On the other hand, for a country like Canada (or Japan) that has way more contenders than qualifying spots,  being able to put an extra guy in for the team event would work out nicely. 

I haven't checked what the rules are for the team entry, so if I'm off-base on this  let me know...

Teams have to use the same skaters for team and individual unless they're an "incomplete team" meaning they've qualified for the team event but don't have a skater/couple qualified for the individual event in question at all. So unfortunately, on each team that makes the free skate, one of their men's skaters is going into the individual event at a disadvantage. 

4 minutes ago, river said:

Teams have to use the same skaters for team and individual unless they're an "incomplete team" meaning they've qualified for the team event but don't have a skater/couple qualified for the individual event in question at all. So unfortunately, on each team that makes the free skate, one of their men's skaters is going into the individual event at a disadvantage. 

Hmm. So basically all the top teams will be at a disadvantage in the individual men's short.

Has the IOC made sense to anyone in the last couple of years?  Who did they use to develop this schedule?  Flipping the individual men's and pairs events would obviously be better.  If they have released multiple versions of the skating events schedule then they can correct this - probably after different federations complain about this.  And, knowing Boyang is also at a disadvantage, it's clear that this is all IOC and not anyone in China.

Does anyone know how far in advance of the 2018 games a final schedule was published?

26 minutes ago, barbara said:

Does anyone know how far in advance of the 2018 games a final schedule was published?

I did a little searching and found only detailed schedule from February or undated. But I found this article saying the overall schedule was published mid september.

Olympics 2018 schedule

Don't know if it correlated with the figure skating schedule release and if it was the definitive one.

8 hours ago, Charisma said:

This is really a bad schedule and a disadvantage for any man who skates the free in the team event. I hope they will change it.

To be honest, as the Covid situation is right now in the world, I wonder if the winter Olympics will even take place as planned. Cases are on the rise in China too and many live events with audiences got cancelled these days, some places are under lockdown again etc. As far as I know, at present, all people traveling into China from outside the country have to quarantine for 4 weeks in a quarantine hotel. Even within China, people entering Beijing from any other place in the country have to quarantine for 3 weeks. 

Who knows how the situation will develop, but the Olympics are supposed to be in only 6 months. (Holy shit, how did that happen?!? Where has the time gone?!? Pyeongchang feels like it was only last month! :eek:)

Considering all this, it's hard for me to imagine that they will allow thousands of foreign athletes to travel into the country for the games. Making all the athletes quarantine for multiple weeks would obviously be out of the question. Even if the games do take place as planned, I think they will probably happen without an audience or with only a limited local audience.

To think that I had planned to get tickets for figure skating and watch Yuzu live at the Olympics (just like I had planned to see Yuzu live at the GPF 2020 in Beijing)... Now it really doesn't look like this could happen... :crybaby: :sad-smiley-046: :cry:

Guest Mary_kyo

The Olympic Seimei reached 19 million views :) 

It seems it is getting a lot of attention these days because even my colleague posted it in our work group chat lol That was unexpected

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

C'est vraiment un mauvais horaire et un désavantage pour tout homme qui patine le libre dans l'épreuve par équipe. J'espère qu'ils vont le changer.

Pour être honnête, comme la situation Covid est en ce moment dans le monde, je me demande si les Jeux olympiques d'hiver auront même lieu comme prévu. Les cas sont également en augmentation en Chine et de nombreux événements en direct avec un public ont été annulés ces jours-ci, certains endroits sont à nouveau verrouillés, etc. Pour autant que je sache, à l'heure actuelle, toutes les personnes voyageant en Chine depuis l'extérieur du pays doivent se mettre en quarantaine pendant 4 semaines dans un hôtel de quarantaine. Même en Chine, les personnes entrant à Pékin depuis n'importe quel autre endroit du pays doivent se mettre en quarantaine pendant 3 semaines. 

Who knows how the situation will turn out, but the Olympics are only supposed to be 6 months away. (Holy shit, how did that happen?!? Where did the time go?!? Pyeongchang feels like it was only last month! :eek:)

Considering all of this, it's hard for me to imagine that they will allow thousands of foreign athletes to travel to the country for the games. Quarantining all athletes for several weeks would obviously be out of the question. Even if the games go as planned, I think they will probably go without an audience or with a limited local audience.

To say that I had planned to buy tickets for figure skating and watch Yuzu live at the Olympics (just like I had planned to see Yuzu live at GPF 2020 in Beijing) ... Now it doesn't seem really not that this can happen ... :Cry Baby: : sad-smiley-046: :cry:

Here is a French article which confirms your writing on China and, therefore, the next Olympics 

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/monde/covid-19-opération-de-dépistage-massif-à-wuhan-la-chine-face-au-variant-delta/ar-AAMToyi? li = AAaCKnE  : good of course to translate for all of you and there is a peak of contamination in the city of Wuhan which was the 1st in January of last year was quarantined and on the video, the people get tested in bucal !? and I was twice and by the nose and the 2 nostrils and it is unpleasant and not a cotton swab, a kind of "very hard nose cure" and which goes very high in addition 

Yes, 2018 is the past and without this "curse virus" which we rotten life has EVERYONE :fear: > :(

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

To be honest, as the Covid situation is right now in the world, I wonder if the winter Olympics will even take place as planned.

I'm thinking the same. However, now that the Summer Games are in full swing, it seems much more likely that the Winter Games will go forward some way or other.