General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm thinking the same. However, now that the Summer Games are in full swing, it seems much more likely that the Winter Games will go forward some way or other. 

It seems to me that China is taking Covid - and always has - a lot more seriously than most other countries. So it wouldn't surprise me even if they did cancel or postpone, if things got bad. But 6 months is actually quite a lot, as the initial wave of pandemic in China was only around that long - they were already opening in April last year, if not even earlier - and they've probably learned from that, too. From what I've seen, every time there are new cases in an area, they shut everything down quickly, which has probably helped control things there. So it's not unlikely that China itself will be safe when the Olympics come along. I also think they are likely to take the safety measures more seriously and it's likely more athletes will be vaccinated by then, too. But, like I said, I also wouldn't be surprised if China ends up saying no can do, if this Delta wave hits them hard. If they do hold it, I tend to doubt they'll allow foreign audiences, but they would probably make exceptions for athletes and media, as long as they quarantine and get tested and/or are vaccinated. I doubt there would be stuff like in Tokyo now... (and honestly, as someone who loves Japan, this whole pandemic and Olympics thing hurts... they made such a mess of the whole thing...)

14 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

The Olympic Seimei reached 19 million views :) 

It seems it is getting a lot of attention these days because even my colleague posted it in our work group chat lol That was unexpected

Wow :happy0065:

On friday it was still 18+ Mio and now already 19 Mio views, that's really impressive in such a short time  :2thumbsup:

Let's go to 20 Mio views :ganba:

.... and the Olympic Romeo & Juliet has reached over 5 Mio views :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

18 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This is really a bad schedule and a disadvantage for any man who skates the free in the team event. I hope they will change it.

To be honest, as the Covid situation is right now in the world, I wonder if the winter Olympics will even take place as planned. Cases are on the rise in China too and many live events with audiences got cancelled these days, some places are under lockdown again etc. As far as I know, at present, all people traveling into China from outside the country have to quarantine for 4 weeks in a quarantine hotel. Even within China, people entering Beijing from any other place in the country have to quarantine for 3 weeks. 

On the within China info, I have read & heard of China actors traveling into and out of Beijing without quarantine. Its recent, happened last week. Fly back to Beijing for 2 days, then fly out to filming location in another city.

I dont know abt the general public , but the actors & actresses are flying here & there within China which gives the impression no quarantine is needed.

1 hour ago, Purple said:

On the within China info, I have read & heard of China actors traveling into and out of Beijing without quarantine. Its recent, happened last week. Fly back to Beijing for 2 days, then fly out to filming location in another city.

I dont know abt the general public , but the actors & actresses are flying here & there within China which gives the impression no quarantine is needed.

I think the Beijing situation is on and off. There have been times when traveling to Beijing, at least from some cities in China, was either impossible or required quarantine and/or regular testing. As far as I know, right now that's not the case. But because Chinese authorities seem to react really fast, that can change at any moment. Although, admittedly, my own information is also just from following various Chinese actors lol

I did hear on the news that they are considering mass testing in WuHan, after some new cases, though, and some public events have been canceled (not entirely sure about locations, though).

To be honest, at this moment, I wouldn't worry that much about Yuzu - and other skaters - being in China for the Olympics, but I would still worry about the trip there...

5 hours ago, Purple said:

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I think the Beijing situation is on and off. There have been times when traveling to Beijing, at least from some cities in China, was either impossible or required quarantine and/or regular testing. As far as I know, right now that's not the case. But because Chinese authorities seem to react really fast, that can change at any moment. Although, admittedly, my own information is also just from following various Chinese actors lol

I did hear on the news that they are considering mass testing in WuHan, after some new cases, though, and some public events have been canceled (not entirely sure about locations, though).

To be honest, at this moment, I wouldn't worry that much about Yuzu - and other skaters - being in China for the Olympics, but I would still worry about the trip there...

True, the situation is changing all the time, depending of how many cases there are, where the clusters occur etc. So, it's really quite unpredictable. I think the Beijing quarantine was the strictest a month or two ago because of the 100-year anniversary of the CCP celebrations.

Either way, it doesn't look like an audience, especially an international audience, will be allowed. So, my dream of seeing Yuzu skating in Beijing will probably not come true. :crybaby:

I believe he should be vaccinated by now, so at least that's one worry less. I just hope that after this whole pandemic is over, I will still get to see Yuzu skate in real life. :smiley-angelic001:

Guest Mary_kyo
13 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

not a single crumb in sight... sigh

The next confirmed crumb is on 29th this month (from DOI).

Who knows but he might appear in 24H TV though. There will be a special for it on 8th August (if I remember correctly). But there is a good chance that he won’t appear this year.

ofc the boy is busy busy preparing both 4A and his SP that only him can skate to. :panic:

But really what a drought… :th_tumbleweed: