General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Oh I loved Yuzuru in this costume with his floofy hair and trainers.....(the crutches not so much)

But the reason I posted this is THOSE CHEERS - they are SO LOUD!!!!

He really does drive us a bit wild!!  :smiley-excited001:

The excitement and adoration is positively palpable (I'm competing with Kurt now with my alliterations lol!)

I was there, screaming my head off. Both happy and sad... 

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

I was there, screaming my head off. Both happy and sad... 

I loved the way Yuzuru managed that situation - he really looked genuinely happy, and I am sure he made every effort to do so for OUR sake (ie. fans there and not there) despite the crushing disappointment of his injury and being unable to skate Origin the way he wanted to in Russia.

Also, I must mention just how very beautiful Yuzuru is in that Origin costume (well he's always beautiful but you know what I mean), it's impossible not to notice how gorgeous he looks in it.  Because of all the Origin 1.0 posts on Twitter today I think maybe I like this costume the best out of the 2 Origin costumes, the colours, the feather theme, and the fit.....but then I suppose if it was post-an-Origin 2.0-picture-on-Twitter day tomorrow, I'd maybe reconsider :idk:

YAAAAYYY!!!!

I have just noticed I have reached the heady heights of lovely shiny TRASHBAG PANTS, I'm so delighted!!

Just at the right time for LMEY costume too, great timing!! (will he keep it though??)

Ivana (getting somewhere) 👺🌻 (@cantkeepchili) | nitter

5 hours ago, Wyell said:

It's been taken down by YouTube... 😔

You can still watch it with the alternative link here though

I'm devastated about the news... I loved that video so much and pray to heaven that the 11 min video can stay (but I'm prepared for the worst) :ohno:

18 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

It's so incredible to see Yuzu's season achievements in one list. But it has one flaw:

Yuzu has won his two GP assignments in 18/19, too, at Helsinki GP and Rostelecom :space:

Talking about medals and victories: I added Yuzu's Super Slam chronology and medal stats to his Wiki achievement page.

It is now a full compendium of Yuzu's statistics:

• World records, firsts and other notable competitive achievements
  • Awards and honors
  • Medals and major titles
  • Personal bests (by competition segment, event, technical elements and program components)
  • National bests
  • Absolute bests
  • Technical elements with maximum score
  • Detailed senior and junior results with direct links to all competition protocols

And YEY! Every single information on the page is sourced! :goat:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Yuzuru_Hanyu

What I would actually like to add are his entries in the Guinness Books of World Records, but I'm not sure, where and how to put them in best. The rest should be all there now.

OMG yet another Scream-For-(Origin 1.0)-Yuzu fest....I'll have to go and watch Saitama again now!

(Events will be so much more .... well, quiet without him in the future)

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Probably the best video clip ever :kitty:

(it's just purrfect with all-black slinky ensemble, fluffy black paws, and those kitty ears!!)

5 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Carrying on the theme of scream-at-(origin 1.0)-Yuzu :grin_clapping:

(he's so brave!! Can you imagine doing that???!!!)

Yuzu's costume reveals are always one of the absolute highlights of the figure skating season. :ganba:

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

OMG yet another Scream-For-(Origin 1.0)-Yuzu fest....I'll have to go and watch Saitama again now!

(Events will be so much more .... well, quiet without him in the future)

Man, look at that Pooh rain. That man is figure skating.

Looking at this, I really hope that I will get to witness Yuzu skating live with an audience going nuts at least a couple more times. :cheer:

7 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Man, look at that Pooh rain. That man is figure skating.

Looking at this, I really hope that I will get to witness Yuzu skating live with an audience going nuts at least a couple more times. :cheer:

I had thought that we might never see Pooh rain ever again because of Covid....but there is scientific evidence now about the very very low risk of picking up infection even from hard surfaces, never mind fluffy Poohs......so maybe we can tentatively hope it might be allowed before Yuzuru, you know...

1 minute ago, Pammi said:

I had thought that we might never see Pooh rain ever again because of Covid....but there is scientific evidence now about the very very low risk of picking up infection even from hard surfaces, never mind fluffy Poohs......so maybe we can tentatively hope it might be allowed before Yuzuru, you know...

I believe that Yuzu won't be done yet, even after the coming Olympic season. He just loves figure skating too much. He's getting better and better with time and I'm sure he still hasn't reached his peak yet. So, we'll see. If we're lucky, we might still get to see many more Pooh rains in the coming years. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Slightly off topic, but I posted awhile back about Air Canada now offering refunds for flights after February 1, 2020 which would cover most flights booked for Montreal 2020. Just wanted to report that I got notification that my requests for refund were processed, took about 17 days. Email says it may take 1-2 billing cycles to appear on my statement. Hopefully satellites who filed will hear back soon.
14 hours ago, Wyell said:

It's been taken down by YouTube... 😔

You can still watch it with the alternative link here though: 

Bummer.  :sadPooh:   I hope none of the other videos get taken down.

2 hours ago, kiches said:
Slightly off topic, but I posted awhile back about Air Canada now offering refunds for flights after February 1, 2020 which would cover most flights booked for Montreal 2020. Just wanted to report that I got notification that my requests for refund were processed, took about 17 days. Email says it may take 1-2 billing cycles to appear on my statement. Hopefully satellites who filed will hear back soon.

Thanks for the update. I purchased my tickets through Expedia and they refunded the ticket amount back to my credit card. I didn't even have to ask. I bought 2 one-way tickets, and I got the refund for the 1st ticket, but I'm waiting to get the refund for the 2nd ticket. The Air Canada site says they are giving the refunds based on travel date, so I will wait a bit more to see if the refund for the 2nd ticket shows up on my statement. If I don't see it after a while, I'll check with Expedia. I have to go through them instead of Air Canada.