General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Indeed!  And he will continue to find and meet new challenges head on! 

As I have said before, I believe he will continue to develop in amazing and unexpected ways, way beyond and past the Olympics.  As an athlete, he appears to be a late bloomer and is only now coming into full maturity: 4A will be a great crowning achievement.  Intellectually, he is only just begun, barely dabbling his toes in the water, and I am looking forward to him getting much more deeply involved in complex systems research.  Ultimately, my fervent hope (and prayers) is that at a later stage in his life he will take leadership in nurturing the development of a new political movement that will take Japan (and the rest of the planet) out of the terrible funk in which we find ourselves.  He is a rare and precious phenomenon that appears once in a blue moon, and who could influence human society in profound ways.  

I must admit, I hadn't considered how Yuzu might have an impact beyond sports and the arts -- where I have no doubt that he will continue to be revolutionary. But I agree that he has a unicorn-like combination of analytical smarts, vision, determination, ethical convictions and a phenomenal ability to connect with and move people. He certainly could be a great force for good in any field he turned his mind to. Thanks, @Umebachi, for opening up whole new realms of Yuzu fantasizing!

:gla:

Yuzu's speed and flow in his one-footed footwork is mesmerizing :201111231756430f6:

Yuzu's spotted in junior high music textbook, something about when he sang the JPN National anthem during PC 2018 medal ceremony. 

23 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, and when you're on the opposite side,  30 seems impossibly young

Oh yes, I totally remember thinking 30s seems so far away when I was 20. Now that I'm here I still feel young just like when I was in my 20s, just a bit wiser now. Time is an illusion, especially your perception of it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
4 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Yuzu's speed and flow in his one-footed footwork is mesmerizing :201111231756430f6:

Only excellent people who able to do those movements! Also look at this

14 minutes ago, avt said:

Only excellent people who able to do those movements! Also look at this

His skating skills are excellent. There's a reason why people say they would be willing to pay just to see him skate his cool down routine, no jumps or spins, just pure skating!

China has always been supportive, respectful and waxing poetics about Yuzu since forever. Beijing Olympics is no exception! 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].