General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

It’s almost two weeks since SOI in Hachinohe and the figures show that the infection rate is as low as ever there. I’m honestly so glad that it ended well. 

Btw, has anyone shared the fun prophecy/prediction in 2016 that an active skater aged 27 will be the first to land 4A? LOL imagine it happening in GPF or Olympics :rofl2: But nope, I hope it will happen sooner for the sake of my hair :smiley-angelic001: *praying for those knees after reading Shuzo’s report though* 

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

It’s almost two weeks since SOI in Hachinohe and the figures show that the infection rate is as low as ever there. I’m honestly so glad that it ended well. 

Btw, has anyone shared the fun prophecy/prediction in 2016 that an active skater aged 27 will be the first to land 4A? LOL imagine it happening in GPF or Olympics :rofl2: But nope, I hope it will happen sooner for the sake of my hair :smiley-angelic001: *praying for those knees after reading Shuzo’s report though* 

My dream scenario - It's Beijing 2022, the men's free skate.  Yuzuru Hanyu had wowed the audience with a revived and updated version of Parisienne Walkways, getting a high, but not record score to put him in first place heading into the free.  Nathan Chen had skated extremely well and was now seen as the likely taker of the gold, if he skates as well in his free.  Yuzu is the last to skate but he has surprised everyone by forsaking the program he had been skating through the season and is instead using Masquerade for his free skate, lengthened slightly and augmented with additional jumps, going with Masquerade because it is the most intense program he's ever skated.  He starts up well and it comes to his first jump.  Out of a counter he jumps, landing it precisely when the music thunders out.  Nobody hears the music after that for a while as the audience grasps what they had not expected.  Nessie is born and Nathan says goodbye to his hopes for gold.  The rest becomes history as Yuzu racks up a perfect 100 for his component score and then in the interview afterward he announces his retirement.  Going out in a blaze of glory.  It can't get much better than that.

hey, sorry for bringing this up...while I enjoyed reading posts here, but I felt a little bit uncomfortable about using nessie to indicate 4A, as with modern Scientific research, nessie seems to me more like a fake story, while on the contrary, 4A is the truth Yuzu is fighting for.  

Blame me of being superstitious...  

Guest Mary_kyo
1 hour ago, micaelis said:

My dream scenario - It's Beijing 2022, the men's free skate.  Yuzuru Hanyu had wowed the audience with a revived and updated version of Parisienne Walkways, getting a high, but not record score to put him in first place heading into the free.  Nathan Chen had skated extremely well and was now seen as the likely taker of the gold, if he skates as well in his free.  Yuzu is the last to skate but he has surprised everyone by forsaking the program he had been skating through the season and is instead using Masquerade for his free skate, lengthened slightly and augmented with additional jumps, going with Masquerade because it is the most intense program he's ever skated.  He starts up well and it comes to his first jump.  Out of a counter he jumps, landing it precisely when the music thunders out.  Nobody hears the music after that for a while as the audience grasps what they had not expected.  Nessie is born and Nathan says goodbye to his hopes for gold.  The rest becomes history as Yuzu racks up a perfect 100 for his component score and then in the interview afterward he announces his retirement.  Going out in a blaze of glory.  It can't get much better than that.

Your dream scenario will end me in Emergency Room LOL

I think he will land it very soon, probably in the first or second competition of the season. His attempts in WTT were not the best but to be fair, he didn’t seem to be in the ideal physical condition (Japanese fans were saying he looked pale, etc in the practices too and let’s not forget it was right after quarantine and also asthma attack/mental stresses). My impression is that he has landed it before WC but not as perfectly as he wants it to be.

As much as I loved LMEY (not the costume tho), I predict he will get a new short program. We all know the medals for Beijing are already bought/negotiated, so I’m preparing myself mentally (though miracles do exist*). I just believe that no matter what the corrupted scores will be, Yuzu will surprise us with very great historical performances. He has tremendously improved since last year and what we saw, was probably just the intermediate step, the final product is yet to come. <3 <3 

*Deep inside, I think clean-at-his-100%-Yuzu cannot be beaten even with massive corruption. Yep, there I said it.

1 hour ago, twitwi said:

hey, sorry for bringing this up...while I enjoyed reading posts here, but I felt a little bit uncomfortable about using nessie to indicate 4A, as with modern Scientific research, nessie seems to me more like a fake story, while on the contrary, 4A is the truth Yuzu is fighting for.  

Blame me of being superstitious...  

The reason 'Nessie' is used is because it's a legendary creature, like a dragon or a unicorn, who hasn't  been seen but that people hunt for. Using that name is more about the legend than anything. We're basically saying that Yuzu is like a knight on a quest,  chasing a monster of legend. 

The real facts about the actual story of the Loch Ness Monster don't have much to do with it, but I understand why you'd feel superstitious if you think it's referring to something fake. 

The beauty of legends is that sometimes they turn out to be true.

Yuzuru is definitely going to make 4A come true.  And then he'll become the legend, himself. 

I think I can safely speak for the whole Planet when I say, we are certain of this. 4A will happen and it will be Yuzu who does it first. 

12 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzuru is definitely going to make 4A come true.  And then he'll become the legend, himself. 

I think I can safely speak for the whole Planet when I say, we are certain of this. 4A will happen and it will be Yuzu who does it first. 

Indeed, there is no doubt in my mind that Yuzu will solidify his already legendary status by being the first to conquer the monstrous 4A, along with all the frills and flourishes that are his signature. 

Also, I'd definitely watch this in theatre and buy my first Blu-ray in a decade :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, micaelis said:

Nessie is born and Nathan says goodbye to his hopes for gold.  The rest becomes history as Yuzu racks up a perfect 100 for his component score and then in the interview afterward he announces his retirement.  Going out in a blaze of glory.  It can't get much better than that.

Well, yes it can... Yuzu can say that he is getting stronger and still improving and has more he wants to accomplish and he goes on to win a record fourth gold medal at the 2026 Milano Cortina Olympics at the age of 31.

4 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Well, yes it can... Yuzu can say that he is getting stronger and still improving and has more he wants to accomplish and he goes on to win a record fourth gold medal at the 2026 Milano Cortina Olympics at the age of 31.

Yuzu said in his post JNats interview that Kohei Uchimura was 31 and was still doing most difficult elements in gymnastics. This made him feel he was still young (26) and could continue to challenge. 

Then I remember his interview with Kenji Miyamoto at 21, saying 30 year old sounds like an uncle's age. :laughing::laughing:

:sipping:

2 hours ago, JanMary said:

Yuzu said in his post JNats interview that Kohei Uchimura was 31 and was still doing most difficult elements in gymnastics. This made him feel he was still young (26) and could continue to challenge. 

Then I remember his interview with Kenji Miyamoto at 21, saying 30 year old sounds like an uncle's age. :laughing::laughing:

:sipping:

Now that he’s 26 going on 27, 30 will not seem that old anymore.

2 hours ago, JanMary said:

He was just being his cheeky self and teasing Kenji. He's said in interviews that he believes men reach their physical peak around 30, so as long as he's uninjured and feeling good about it, my guess is Yuzu will keep on.

But he'll need new challenges 

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He was just being his cheeky self and teasing Kenji. He's said in interviews that he believes men reach their physical peak around 30, so as long as he's uninjured and feeling good about it, my guess is Yuzu will keep on.

He was 20 back then, 30 seems like far away at that age. :) 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Indeed!  And he will continue to find and meet new challenges head on! 

As I have said before, I believe he will continue to develop in amazing and unexpected ways, way beyond and past the Olympics.  As an athlete, he appears to be a late bloomer and is only now coming into full maturity: 4A will be a great crowning achievement.  Intellectually, he is only just begun, barely dabbling his toes in the water, and I am looking forward to him getting much more deeply involved in complex systems research.  Ultimately, my fervent hope (and prayers) is that at a later stage in his life he will take leadership in nurturing the development of a new political movement that will take Japan (and the rest of the planet) out of the terrible funk in which we find ourselves.  He is a rare and precious phenomenon that appears once in a blue moon, and who could influence human society in profound ways.  

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

We can only dream, but sometimes dreams do come true.