Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

 

So the forum's birthday is April 29?

 

Yeah, the late hours of April 29th, 2017. Late by Moscow time, mind you. :D

Link to post
10 hours ago, senemgencer said:

A big thank you for everyone who has contributed to my idea. My approach is to go the constructive way, just like Yuzuru's: "There is a problem here, it is possibly caused by human error and here is a feasibility study that suggests some good ideas and solutions on the matter."

Martina has created some very useful stats which can be used to support my approach. I have no intention to accuse ISU, because it will bore no fruits. 

2 weeks ago I had a meeting with a PR agent here about how one could lobby against ISU and he gave me some very valuable advice. Attacking is NOT one of them.  

 

I am planing to chat with a retired skater who has participated to European Championships (in top ten) and to some who is at the board of "Art on Ice" Show. I think once I collect these data and different approaches,  I can be able to construct a well structured report. 

"This will change nothing" is what comes to mind and all my efforts may perhaps mean nothing, but even if there is a slight chance to make judges realise that our patience is lacking and if they don't change, FS will change for worse, I want to take this chance. 

 

Please keep all your ideas and criticism coming, I appreciate them all 

 

Thank you 

I don't know if I understand it all right, but, if you ask me, I would never do this without Yuzu's permission. You don't know if he would agree and if not, he can't do anything against this. Even if ISU knows this does not happen in order of him, it is his thesis and it will maybe left a "bad taste" at ISU. Besides this I am sure ISU already knows about the thesis. It has a bit of blackmailing the ISU, like, if you do not change the scoring, all the Fanyus will not watch FS anymore. I think it will not be to Yuzus advantage and I personally feel very uncomfortable with this as a fan of him. This action maybe leads Yuzu in a position to applogize and explain himself at the ISU and that's not what we all want for him. Maybe this action goes completely the wrong way. You do not know what Yuzu is doing/planing  by himself. Please think about it again :)

Link to post

:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:Happy 4th Anniversary :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

Thank you so much to all admins and mods for this wonderful place and all your hard work.  I'm sending my best wishes to all satellites. Stay healthy and happy.

 

:snpeace:

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Yuli said:

I don't know if I understand it all right, but, if you ask me, I would never do this without Yuzu's permission. You don't know if he would agree and if not, he can't do anything against this. Even if ISU knows this does not happen in order of him, it is his thesis and it will maybe left a "bad taste" at ISU. Besides this I am sure ISU already knows about the thesis. It has a bit of blackmailing the ISU, like, if you do not change the scoring, all the Fanyus will not watch FS anymore. I think it will not be to Yuzus advantage and I personally feel very uncomfortable with this as a fan of him. This action maybe leads Yuzu in a position to applogize and explain himself at the ISU and that's not what we all want for him. Maybe this action goes completely the wrong way. You do not know what Yuzu is doing/planing  by himself. Please think about it again :)

"You have not understand it all right" as you say :) There are different ways of approaching a problem. One way is pointing out the finger at ISU and say "You are wrong and bad. You are treating my favorite skater badly as well and I am not playing with you anymore" which brings noone to nowhere. It just creates more problems for everyone, including me. 

 

The other way is saying "Look, there is a problem here which both some skaters and the audience feel uncomfortable with. Here are some suggestions to your consideration, backed with some stats, a feasibility study and some expert views. Please consider them as comments from people who like FS and want it to access to a broader audience." Do you think that it will not solve the problem? I agree, it won't. But it will make people think. Question their status. This is how change starts. Nothing happens when we do nothing but noise in our virtual worlds. 

 

FYI, I am a Campaign Manager who has lead many projects against and with the "authorities". My attitude in life is "if you see a problem and you continiously complain about it without doing anything to change the situation or your own situation, then you are a part of the problem". Yuzuru has done his share of work to change the situation at the risk of receiving many controversary and reactions. His thesis is out there, open to public access, therefore nobody needs his permision to use it , this is basic academia practice. All you are obliged to do is to use citations when you use a part of his work. 

 

I hope I have been able to answer some of your concerns.

Link to post

While we are celebrating the 4th anniversary of the group, I wanted to share some videos from On Ice Perspectives, a YouTube channel which I really like:

 

My favorite video (maybe because it also mentions my Winnie the Pooh campaign) :)

 

 

A video where he looks stunning in his UA (as always) while skating to one of my favorite programmes 

 

Simple, short, yet I love it 

 

Don't let the title mislead you, it is like 60% Yuzuru :)

 

 

"The Reign of Pooh" needs special care from Fanyus, it is a clear manifestation of our admiration for this gorgeous human. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, senemgencer said:

The other way is saying "Look, there is a problem here which both some skaters and the audience feel uncomfortable with. Here are some suggestions to your consideration, backed with some stats, a feasibility study and some expert views. Please consider them as comments from people who like FS and want it to access to a broader audience." Do you think that it will not solve the problem? I agree, it won't. But it will make people think. Question their status. This is how change starts. Nothing happens when we do nothing but noise in our virtual worlds. 

 

 

My personal take on this issue:

 

From the ISU's and big feds' point of view, Yuzu's thesis is like a ticking time bomb, levitating above their heads and ready to crash their beloved card house of political power plays at any given moment. I'm 100% sure that the ISU and every single official is fully aware of Yuzu's work and wishes to burn it with wildfire, if they could. They have absolutely 0 intention to implement it in the judging procedure any time soon. No matter how friendly we serve the dish.

(EDIT: I'm not even sure, if the thesis is not one of the reasons, why Yuzu's scores are in free fall now and so many journalists try so desperately to discredit him. The thesis is a serious threat to many people in charge.)

 

Remember that the IceScope was introduced in 2018, they even used it in the official broadcast during Saitama Worlds. Has the ISU shown the slightest intention to implement the technology in the scoring system? No. On the contrary, it disappeared from international broadcast entirely. You only get it on Japanese Fuji TV at the moment, if I remember correctly.

 

To be successful, the right timing is absolutely crucial now. Yuzu has not worked 5 hard years on this thesis to leave with empty hands. I bet my salary that he has a plan in the bag himself already, a much better one than any of us could possibly think of. That's why I think that it would be smarter to wait with any sort of actions this time, at least until the Olympics.

 

Russian media didn't even need a day to react to his thesis and I'm sure that a lot more voices will follow very soon, especially in the long drought during the upcoming off-season. I give them less than 2-3 months and the sharks in the pool will eat each other up and dig their own graves. I bet my salary on that.

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

 

 

My personal take on this issue:

 

From the ISU's and big feds' point of view, Yuzu's thesis is like a ticking time bomb, levitating above their heads and ready to crash their beloved card house of political power plays at any given moment. I'm 100% sure that the ISU and every single official is fully aware of Yuzu's work and wishes to burn it with wildfire, if they could. They have absolutely 0 intention to implement it in the judging procedure any time soon. No matter how friendly we serve the dish.

(EDIT: I'm not even sure, if the thesis is not the main reason, why Yuzu's scores are in free fall now and so many journalists try so desperately to discredit him. The thesis is a serious threat to many people in charge.)

 

Remember that the IceScope was introduced in 2018, they even used it in the official broadcast during Saitama Worlds. Has the ISU shown the slightest intention to implement the technology in the scoring system? No. On the contrary, it disappeared from international broadcast entirely. You only get it on Japanese Fuji TV at the moment, if I remember correctly.

 

To be successful, the right timing is absolutely crucial now. Yuzu has not worked 5 hard years on this thesis to leave with empty hands. I bet my salary that he has a plan in the bag himself already, a much better one than any of us could possibly think of. That's why I think that it would be smarter to wait with any sort of actions this time, at least until the Olympics.

 

Russian media didn't even need a day to react to his thesis and I'm sure that a lot more voices will follow very soon, especially in the long drought during the upcoming off-season. I give them less than 2-3 months and the sharks in the pool will eat each other up and dig their own graves. I bet my salary on that.

This!

Link to post
1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

 

 

My personal take on this issue:

 

From the ISU's and big feds' point of view, Yuzu's thesis is like a ticking time bomb, levitating above their heads and ready to crash their beloved card house of political power plays at any given moment. I'm 100% sure that the ISU and every single official is fully aware of Yuzu's work and wishes to burn it with wildfire, if they could. They have absolutely 0 intention to implement it in the judging procedure any time soon. No matter how friendly we serve the dish.

(EDIT: I'm not even sure, if the thesis is not one of the reasons, why Yuzu's scores are in free fall now and so many journalists try so desperately to discredit him. The thesis is a serious threat to many people in charge.)

 

Remember that the IceScope was introduced in 2018, they even used it in the official broadcast during Saitama Worlds. Has the ISU shown the slightest intention to implement the technology in the scoring system? No. On the contrary, it disappeared from international broadcast entirely. You only get it on Japanese Fuji TV at the moment, if I remember correctly.

 

To be successful, the right timing is absolutely crucial now. Yuzu has not worked 5 hard years on this thesis to leave with empty hands. I bet my salary that he has a plan in the bag himself already, a much better one than any of us could possibly think of. That's why I think that it would be smarter to wait with any sort of actions this time, at least until the Olympics.

 

Russian media didn't even need a day to react to his thesis and I'm sure that a lot more voices will follow very soon, especially in the long drought during the upcoming off-season. I give them less than 2-3 months and the sharks in the pool will eat each other up and dig their own graves. I bet my salary on that.

 

That's exactly what I think as well. Both on the subject of timing and that Yuzu probably has his own plan.

 

If one wants to start some kind of initiative, I think waiting until Yuzu isn't actively skating anymore would be best.....but I also believe he has his own long-term plan. 

He likes to plan and calculates everything he does, so its not a far fetched thought that he has a bigger agenda up his sleeve.

:gla:

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...