General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

The Japanese National Veterinary and Life Sciences Library encouraged students during this pandemic period to access their university's repositories of theses and treatises.  They specifically gave examples of Yuzu's special article in Waseda Uni journal and Tatsuki Machida's doctoral thesis.  Now we will have vets and future vets of Japan reading about the ISU scoring issues.  Very important for the well being of animals in Japan. 

Well, there do seem to be a number of cats devoted to watching Yuzu... so perhaps if the vets take an interest they can better relate to their clients... or something :68468287: 

21 hours ago, Henni147 said:

... To be successful, the right timing is absolutely crucial now. Yuzu has not worked 5 hard years on this thesis to leave with empty hands. I bet my salary that he has a plan in the bag himself already, a much better one than any of us could possibly think of. That's why I think that it would be smarter to wait with any sort of actions this time, at least until the Olympics.

Russian media didn't even need a day to react to his thesis and I'm sure that a lot more voices will follow very soon, especially in the long drought during the upcoming off-season. I give them less than 2-3 months and the sharks in the pool will eat each other up and dig their own graves. I bet my salary on that.

20 hours ago, Faithyu said:

That's exactly what I think as well. Both on the subject of timing and that Yuzu probably has his own plan.

If one wants to start some kind of initiative, I think waiting until Yuzu isn't actively skating anymore would be best.....but I also believe he has his own long-term plan. 

He likes to plan and calculates everything he does, so its not a far fetched thought that he has a bigger agenda up his sleeve.

I also agree that timing is crucial. Since it seems that ISU is pretty much free to do as they please without much accountability (other than to the big Feds I guess), people have recommended appealing to the IOC. However, the IOC is currently up to their eyeballs dealing with the impact of COVID on the Olympics, so they are not going to have time to be concerned about scoring issues related to a single sport.

ISU knows Yuzu is their cash cow, but they will also do whatever it takes to hold on to their jobs and their power. If they think Yuzu or his fans endanger that, I have no doubt in my mind that they won't hesitate to do everything in their power to push him out. It's fanyus that are making them look bad: pointing out the scoring issues, calling out the inadequate bubble for Worlds, complaining about the Skating Awards, etc. We're giving them bad PR at every turn, and at a certain point, they may think that having Yuzu around is more trouble than it's worth. If they get rid of Yuzu, a lot of his fans will go with him, and then no more bad PR for the ISU, or at least it will be greatly reduced.

It would be different if Yuzu at least has JSF support, but he doesn't, and the AI scoring/scoring reforms endanger their ability to play regional politics as well.

Ngl, I don't feel comfortable doing this sort of thing while Yuzu is still competing. As long as he wants to compete (even with lowball scores and stuff), I want him to have that chance. I don't want anything we do to screw up his plans and what he wants to do.

Another family moment from today:

Mom is a bit worried about Yuzu's 3A snaking around and dad said something really smart to make her relax:

"Building an arsenal of figure skating jumps is probably like solving a Rubik's Cube. To get the last layer right, you need to destroy the other ones temporarily, before all pieces fall into place." :space:

EDIT:

Now that the show marathon is over, I hope that Yuzu returns home safely and healthy, gets something proper to eat again (I have the feeling that mommy Yumi has prepared a mountain of Gyoza and Pudding already), that he gives his body and soul some good rest and sneaks back to his practice cave without disturbance.

Google translate doesn't make any sense but anyway, this means Yuzu will continue to be Kose's global muse this year right? 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

oop

2 minutes ago, Phos said:

huh is it a perfume?? maji yabai :muahaha:

it seems so yesyes

i read further and its a skincare!!! glowing!! pretty!! :DDD

Seems like there are plenty of you in academia as well.. and  in PhD some more! I think I can probably learn a thing or two from you guys..

Anyway are we officially entering off season now?? In a way I'm relief that it's over.. I hope Yuzu will take his time recuperating before he drills his body into practicing 4A again  and hope he will stay healthy!

Kinda OOT but has anyone actually tried Sekkisei product? It's cool that they made the poster with the theme of Yuzu's outfit~

3 hours ago, dreamelena said:

Seems like there are plenty of you in academia as well.. and  in PhD some more!

At SCI 2019 13 of us met for dinner one night and the only people around the table who weren't scientists or academics worked in healthcare and finance. Yuzu attracts intelligent people as fans, for sure.

10 hours ago, Umebachi said:

The Japanese National Veterinary and Life Sciences Library encouraged students during this pandemic period to access their university's repositories of theses and treatises.  They specifically gave examples of Yuzu's special article in Waseda Uni journal and Tatsuki Machida's doctoral thesis.  Now we will have vets and future vets of Japan reading about the ISU scoring issues.  Very important for the well being of animals in Japan. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Their priorities are elevated and correct. Think of how many cats recognize Yuzu as one of their own. :kitty:

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So...is SOI over? Is Yuzu done killing us yet? Is it safe to come out without my smelling salts?

:smiley-scared005:

You are supposed to imagine him with bruises all over from his 4A training for the next few months. 

Ok. J/K but I'm running off! :ninja:

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

At SCI 2019 13 of us met for dinner one night and the only people around the table who weren't scientists or academics worked in healthcare and finance. Yuzu attracts intelligent people as fans, for sure.

Pls don't forget all other fans who can't afford overseas events...and still love him so much <3

14 hours ago, Ladysci said:

I received the same thing from Golden Skate.  It is really odd since I haven't posted there since before the Planet was started.  Wonder what's up---they are losing their readership?

I'm not sure about this, but I recall that there is some amount of $$ required for membership to Golden Skate?  I have forgotten and I'm not going to give them clicks to find out.  I think that the Planet fulfills all my FS info needs and also is (almost completely) filled with people who share not only an appreciation of Yuzu's skating but his generosity and kindness.  "Kind" doesn't come to mind when I think about Golden Skate....