General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Kizuna said:

Now watch Yuzu bring back LGC for Olympic season. :mischief:

Eh, I most likely am in the minority here but I'd rather Yuzu not doing it.

For one, it is not amongst my fav programs of his (I think Prince's music is not for me because I don't like V/M's rhythm dance either), even though the spins are to die for. 

Edit: I'm so sorry but I don't like most of the StSq, save for the part after the knee-slide :Poohgaveup:

For two, he NEVER skated it clean. I am convinced that a program that is never skated clean is a cursed program :Poohgaveup:

My hope is for him to choose a musically challenging, less known piano piece. He is not going to get brownie points from the judges anyway, so why not go for a piece that says "I am the king" just because he can? 

Ten to Chi to absolutely does it for me, so I hope he will get something along the line for the SP (not similar to Ten to Chi to music-wise, but you know what I mean)

PS: I hope he will put LMEY to rest too (and bring it back some years later when he is ready to turn it into a show number). It's fun but as he said, it's only for cheering people up during depressing time. A rock concert in a competition, if you will.

Here's something UA practice clothes enthusiasts may look forward to  :happy:

There will be a new photobook focusing on Yuzu's practice clothes, to be published in May 2021.  It's called 羽生結弦写真集: The Real (Yuzuru Hanyu Photobook: The Real ) by photographers Noto-san and Taguchi-san.  It's 2860 JPY (in Japan, which includes tax)  at CD Japan, but not yet listed at Amazon.co.jp and will be published/released in mid May 2021.

The description at the Rakuten site, translated into English by Google (so there might be some errors) about the book and the photographers.

"Athletes' "ultimate costumes" practice wear.
Yuzuru Hanyu's "true form" is here.
This book is a collection of photographs that focus on the "practice clothes" of Yuzuru Hanyu, who won back-to-back winter Olympic men's singles titles and leads the figure skating world as the top figure skater in the
world.
Quadruple Axel, a magazine specializing in figure skating, has condensed into a book the "real face" of the absolute champion who has been chasing its growth since 2008.

We carefully selected the practice scenery at the home rink, off-shots at the tournament, portraits of exclusive coverage that can only be seen here, and valuable interview
cuts.
The body trained to the limit, the work that is beautiful to the fingertips, stands out even more only in practice
clothes.

- Benefits: A2 size double-sided pos

About the photographers:

■ Photographer ・ Noto Nao Sunao Noto Born in 1976, born in Miyagi Prefecture.

After graduating from university, he worked as an assistant photographer in a studio before 2005. In 2007, while mainly taking advertising photos with a focus on people, he began photographing figure skating in earnest. His publications include Yuzuru, Yuzuru II, and Light -Be the Light- (all by Seisha). ・Yuji Taguchi
Yukihito Taguchi
Born in Shizuoka Prefecture in 1973.

He aspired to be a sports photographer and studied at Tokyo Polytechnic Junior College and San Francisco University of the Arts. Currently based in Japan and the U.S., he has shot major leagues, basketball, handball, figure skating, etc. MLB Japan opener and WBC official photographer. ・Joe
Kobashi Was
born in Tokyo in 1974.

Under the influence of his father, who was a photographer, he began photography and became a teacher as his last apprentice to Akito Mizutani, a sports photography master. In addition to photographing various genres of sports, mainly skiing and figure skating, he has been involved in the development of Sony's digital SLR camera α9 since 2017."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
15 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Eh, I most likely am in the minority here but I'd rather Yuzu not doing it.

For one, it is not amongst my fav programs of his (I think Prince's music is not for me because I don't like V/M's rhythm dance either), even though the spins are to die for. 

For two, he NEVER skated it clean. I am convinced that a program that is never skated clean is a cursed program :Poohgaveup:

My hope is for him to choose a musically challenging, less known piano piece. He is not going to get brownie points from the judges anyway, so why not go for a piece that says "I am the king" just because he can? 

Ten to Chi to absolutely does it for me, so I hope he will get something along the line for the SP (not similar to Ten to Chi to music-wise, but you know what I mean)

PS: I hope he will put LMEY to rest too (and bring it back some years later when he is ready to turn it into a show number). It's fun but as he said, it's only for cheering people up during depressing time. A rock concert in a competition, if you will.

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical as well precisely because he's never skated it clean but I'm just throwing it out there into the Hanyuverse :laughing:

Nah, I'm mostly just kidding, he probably won't, but... he also skated Chopin at FaOI 2017 :winky:

5 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical as well precisely because he's never skated it clean but I'm just throwing it out there into the Hanyuverse :laughing:

Nah, I'm mostly just kidding, he probably won't, but... he also skated Chopin at FaOI 2017 :winky:

I was not into FS back then but I recalled reading somewhere that he was advised not to use LGC for the Olympic season. Maybe that's why he skated Chopin in FaOI? (with the upgraded jump layout that has the 4Lo).

34 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

There will be a new photobook focusing on Yuzu's practice clothes, to be published in May 2021.  It's called 羽生結弦写真集: The Real (Yuzuru Hanyu Photobook: The Real ) by photographers Noto-san and Taguchi-san.  It's 2860 JPY (in Japan, which includes tax)  at CD Japan, but not yet listed at Amazon.co.jp and will be published/released in mid May 2021.

The description at the Rakuten site, translated into English by Google (so there might be some errors) about the book and the photographers.

This book is a collection of photographs that focus on the "practice clothes" of Yuzuru Hanyu, who won back-to-back winter Olympic men's singles titles and leads the figure skating world as the top figure skater in the
world.
Quadruple Axel, a magazine specializing in figure skating, has condensed into a book the "real face" of the absolute champion who has been chasing its growth since 2008.

We carefully selected the practice scenery at the home rink, off-shots at the tournament, portraits of exclusive coverage that can only be seen here, and valuable interview
cuts.
The body trained to the limit, the work that is beautiful to the fingertips, stands out even more only in practice
clothes.

About the photographers:

After graduating from university, he worked as an assistant photographer in a studio before 2005. In 2007, while mainly taking advertising photos with a focus on people, he began photographing figure skating in earnest. His publications include Yuzuru, Yuzuru II, and Light -Be the Light- (all by Seisha). ・Yuji Taguchi
Yukihito Taguchi

He aspired to be a sports photographer and studied at Tokyo Polytechnic Junior College and San Francisco University of the Arts. Currently based in Japan and the U.S., he has shot major leagues, basketball, handball, figure skating, etc. MLB Japan opener and WBC official photographer. ・Joe
Kobashi Was
born in Tokyo in 1974.

Under the influence of his father, who was a photographer, he began photography and became a teacher as his last apprentice to Akito Mizutani, a sports photography master. In addition to photographing various genres of sports, mainly skiing and figure skating, he has been involved in the development of Sony's digital SLR camera α9 since 2017."

Yuzu in his all black (and sometimes with red or blue down the side) practice gear is my favorite look on him  - though the white polo/black pants from SOI is competition.  When he's practicing and in warm ups, you can see all the lines and all the movements and all the muscles.  It's simple.  Not distracting in any way, other than the practice gear contains Yuzu.  My favorite look.

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

world.

cuts.
clothes.

About the photographers:

Yukihito Taguchi

Kobashi Was
born in Tokyo in 1974.

Art on ice

On 4/23/2021 at 4:47 PM, Paskud said:

Am I the only one who reads H&E as "Hope and... what?"

Tbh, it already fused in my mind in Hope&Earth.😅

H&E --> History & Entertainment. I'm getting it mixed up with the A&E TV channel

Ten To Chi To is much better, although my anime-loving self keeps wanting to shorten it to Tenchi after Tenchi Muyo. 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, Fay said:

Have we achieved that now? 

I just checked and we've done it! Yuzu's LMEY performance has over 1,260,000 views and is now the most popular Sportschau video except for four football (soccer) themed videos! That means it's the 5th most popular video overall now! :cheer:

The most popular video has 3,6 million views. And the two most popular videos are already three years old, while 3rd and 4th place are one year old. LMEY is only 3 weeks old. This means it can realistically become the most popular Sportschau video in a couple of months! :studsmatta:

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

H&E --> History & Entertainment. I'm getting it mixed up with the A&E TV channel

Ten To Chi To is much better, although my anime-loving self keeps wanting to shorten it to Tenchi after Tenchi Muyo. 

I call it TenChi for short so you're not alone there :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I just checked and we've done it! Yuzu's LMEY performance has over 1,260,000 views and is now the most popular Sportschau video except for four football (soccer) themed videos! That means it's the 5th most popular video overall now! :cheer:

The most popular video has 3,6 million views. And the two most popular videos are already three years old, while 3rd and 4th place are one year old. LMEY is only 3 weeks old. This means it can realistically become the most popular Sportschau video in a couple of months! :studsmatta:

I'm afraid Yuzu's LMEY opening solo has taken over the internet for now :smiley-laughing021:

Though I don't doubt that the view count will steadily increase! 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Shirt on Ice 2011

bonus 1

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15584945

bonus 2

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16765210

I found video of whole Canadian Tour from that year, but not Japan.😩

I keep laughing whenever I see your "shirt on ice," too appropriate :smiley-laughing021: