General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Wyell said:

Maybe it's time for me to come clean? :peek:

I am the channel creator/Yonkaiten Pixel. :)

Hi Wyell

Thanks for the great uploads. However, i am assuming the great quality can only be seen on 4K devices. Would that be right? (Only as i cannot see much difference on my LAptop - TV so i am wondering if i need to buy a new TV to see every exquisite detail of our Lord Yuzu....

8 hours ago, MssSwan said:

It's better to not have the gala tough, we are already gonna have an audience for the competition not having a gala would be less risky 

Oh, what I meant was that I read somewhere that they would not stream the gala, though there will be one. I wonder what channel that will be, and when

8 hours ago, MssSwan said:

Never watched in iSakura would I need vpn?

My understanding is that if you're out of Japan, you're good without vpn

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Do try to find some way to watch other than streaming ISU.  I don't want them to think I support them holding competitions of ay kind in virus-stricken countries in the middle of a pandemic.  I'd rather pay iSakura.

Well, luckily iSakura is very cheap, but with the exchange rate in Brazil, I can't be paying for it for every competition.

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Sorry this is Off Topic - but I wanted to leave this info on this General thread about another option to watch WTT on TV Asahi.  Perhaps the Admins can also add this info in the WTT thread?

Hide contents

In order to watch WTT, you can also subscribe to "ForJoyTV" which offers access to almost the entire Japanese TV network channels - with good quality screen and easy download options.  The only TV station not included in this package is Fuji TV - which has the rights to Worlds.  (There must have been some contractual dispute with Fuji TV for ForJoyTV not to include Fuji??)  In any case, I personally don't watch Fuji TV so I don't miss it in my daily Japanese TV viewing.  iSakura also has a very clumsy and old Flash-based web platform.

Here is the link to ForJoyTV - https://forjoytv.com/

For obvious reasons, you cannot access Forjoytv in Japan.  (Otherwise everyone will stop paying cable and NHK fees and watch all the channels from the web!)   

I can't find the channels on ForJoyTV, but as I understand it, there wouldn't be a way to watch WTT anyway?

iSakura upgraded last jnats, it's not Flash anymore (can't download shows anymore, that's a downside) and it worked pretty well on my phone on the last day of comp.

2 hours ago, Fay said:

New collaboration? 

This looks a lot like my watch. :201111231756430f6:   That's cool because now I don't have to cry about not being able to get it like the previous watch!

7 hours ago, barbara said:

Do try to find some way to watch other than streaming ISU.  I don't want them to think I support them holding competitions of ay kind in virus-stricken countries in the middle of a pandemic.  I'd rather pay iSakura.

ISU probably gets the most money from contracts with the big broadcasters, like NBC, CBC, Fuji, etc.  So using iSakura and watching the broadcast doesn't cut your support. The only way to do that is to find an unofficial stream or wait until a fan uploads to YouTube.  :/  

On the other hand, it's still satisfying to see low view counts on their official videos though. :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5:

Ups. The YT stats seemed to have blown up over night.

Many Nathan fans reacted to it, but the feedback was almost friendly, I'm positively shocked :xD:

Of course, they pointed out that many deleted and geo-blocked videos were not considered in the list. But thankfully, they rather blame NBC and Olympic Channel, not me. (*yeey*)

The natural mocking was there, of course (fanyus can't bear that Hanyu lost in Stockholm etc.), but all in all the naked stats seemed to have quite an impact.

This is a promising way to start the day actually :laughing:

26 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Since we were talking about the videos on the Yonkaiten Pixel channel earlier (thank you so much for these videos @Wyell san :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:) I wanted to talk about this 'Requiem Of Heaven And Earth' performance.

To begin with, the quality was so freaking good that my computer and WiFi couldn't even handle it! I really wanted to watch it in 4K but it would keep stopping to load so I had to lower it a bit :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:but the experince barely changed, the quality was still so good, I am genuinly so impressed!!

As for the performance, this was the first time I saw this version of Requiem. I don't know which event it was or when it happened but it felt so special. The lighting, the darkness, the lights on the seats, Yuzuru's expression. In Boston's Requiem Yuzuru expressed so much pain through his skating which of course had to do with his feelings and the though that it was his last time skating, it was so heavy yet so gentle to the heart.

This performance was very different, it was tender yet so powerful, in every single one of his movements you could see his strength in all aspects and the final gaze at the end of the program was something that I've never seen before. It brought a feeling of power and comfort, "We are strong so everything will be okay", that's what it told me.

This was such a unique experince, thank you so much for this video. 

AHHHH MY HEART, it's been quite a while since I watched this performance and even after years still it hits me the same :13877886: Thank you so much for the video :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

@Wyell, thank you so much for these videos!! I've downloaded them all for prosperity's sake. I hope you'd get around to doing more versions of some of his iconic programs, ie. SEIMEI NHK 2015 & JNats 2019, H&L 4CC, Requiem Worlds 2016, PW Sochi & SC 2019, etc.

I hope you don't mind my requests since so many versions of his programs deserve to be archived in the highest quality possible :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: