General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, SeimeiOriginさんが言いました:

I am ready to stay up late - Yuzu is on at 1.30am. So, to keep myself busy I have asked myself this question: ’what careers would be good for Yuzu to do when he retires?’

My First answer was coach like Brian but blah,blah blah... somehow I don’t see Yuzu as being ‘just’ a coach. I reckon he would do something as extraordinary as he is hence the following suggestions:

• Public relations Mentor. Teach up and coming skaters and other sporting stars how to handle the media. Work with the media to teach them the right questions to ask, when to ask them and how to ask them. Maybe even become like a public relations consultant on behalf of the athletes. How to be a ninja. How to troll the media. How to strike a hero pose to make the audience fall in love with you. How to give the same vague answer in a hundred different ways in the same interview but leave them feeling like you said 100 different life changing things. ;)
  • Program audio engineer. Skaters hire choreographers to design their programs but they may hire Yuzu to work with the choreographers to make the music fit - editing their audio to fit or find their elements and artistry. 
  • A kid’s coach. Traveling the country and teaching the basics to 4 year olds.
  • A stadium Audio engineer. Travels the world and adjusts a stadium’s sound system so it woofs here, tweets there and gives an immersive experience to the audience.
  • He might found an organization that is funded by public and private donations that could assist retired athletes to get back into society
  • a sports nutritionist. Using his human ....study at uni he might work with companies to create the right kind of food and training programs for elite athletes
  • a 3D technology expert. He could gather public and private funding to develop the AI Required to make his thesis into a reality and work with ISU to test and implement it, perhaps along with a new Type of capture technology. He may invent a new recording device.
  • A sport psychologist. Teach skaters how to cope with elite pressure and not let it affect their performance, how to maintain normalcy and links with family ties. 
  • A sound technician. He may go into music audio engineering for bands and performers.

wow, lots of choices. What else can you think of?

Ice show producer :loveeyes:

CiONTU is gold in every aspect

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I'm laughing.

jIP6GKm.png

It might be too long to read but I never getting tired reading it over and over :laughing:

By the way, in case you are a nessie hunter...

Spoiler

Actually i'm not really sure with what is it since i cant read japanese, but looking from the reactions, it seems he's prepared enough to bring that particular jump up until +- 1 week ago?

37 minutes ago, avt said:

It might be too long to read but I never getting tired reading it over and over :laughing:

It just means there should be sub-articles to develop the little overview the main article would give on each subject. 0:)

Yuzu has just won the short program. Let's congratulate and keep our fingers crossed and pray for a gold outcome Saturday.

However, it seemed to me that he was underscored again.

21 minutes ago, rodica said:

Yuzu has just won the short program. Let's congratulate and keep our fingers crossed and pray for a gold outcome Saturday.

However, it seemed to me that he was underscored again.

Are you surprised?  He who skates the 3A like no one else can't even get a 4.0 GOE from these biased judges.

I know this should be in the competition thread but this is short and very too-the-point.  What is?  The great fear Nathan has, a fear that despite all his preparations and assumptions Yuzu might completely remake the competition by debuting Nessie.  Actually I'm serious.  I think every skater vying for podium positions after this long pandemic-driven almost competition-free season is wondering if and when Yuzu might go for the nuclear-option and land the dreaded (by all except Yuzu) quad axel.

16 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Not sure whether to post here or in the competition fluff, but ToshI is still the superior fanyu :68468287:

In front of a white wall, even, for extra Fanyu authenticity points :D 

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

Not sure whether to post here or in the competition fluff, but ToshI is still the superior fanyu :68468287:

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

In front of a white wall, even, for extra Fanyu authenticity points :D 

He really fell hard for Yuzu when he fell, didn't he? He deserves honorary satellite status, honestly. 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:16 AM, shanshani said:

I would bet money that Nate retires before Yuzu. 

actually it would be kind of funny if he does. no one else is really that close to the level of those two yet, so minus Nate, Yuzu might not actually have much competition. he will then be this veteran elder skater, who the new generation has to struggle to defeat. the final boss of men's figure skating :xD:

the ISU would have an aneurysm

At 31 years young going for a new kind of Quad – 4-peat consecutive Olympic Gold Medal.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

At 31 years young going for a new kind of Quad – 4-peat consecutive Olympic Gold Medal.

I was bored so I looked up and recorded the ages of everyone who qualified for the men's free at WC this year and discovered that the average age was 23, the median was also 23, but the mode was 26! See, Yuzu isn't that old after all--he could go another quad. (Plus Alexei Bychenko qualified, and he's 33!)

On the other hand, I also have to note that Yuma Kagiyama was 7 when Yuzu made his senior debut :xD: