General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

At a point, Olympic Games are not a mere ISU event either. A too strong evidence of judging scandal would lead IOC (and they are no saints) to take measures against ISU, and they have the power to do so because if figure skating was no more an Olympic sport, or if IOC would choose another organising body, it would be the death of ISU. So ISU may not feel at leisure of cheating at Olympics as much as at their own events.

You’ve raised a great point, but I honestly don’t think IOC will. The biggest thing everyone remembers from 2014 Sochi was Yuna Kim being robbed of her 2nd gold. Everyone was made aware of the point inflation and RusFed connections to boost Adelina Sotnikova and yet, no action was taken. The sport has lost so much integrity over the years, despite ISU making baseless claims they would rid the sport of any corruption.

18 minutes ago, YuzuLemonTea said:

You’ve raised a great point, but I honestly don’t think IOC will. The biggest thing everyone remembers from 2014 Sochi was Yuna Kim being robbed of her 2nd gold. Everyone was made aware of the point inflation and RusFed connections to boost Adelina Sotnikova and yet, no action was taken. The sport has lost so much integrity over the years, despite ISU making baseless claims they would rid the sport of any corruption.

The problem is since they has been doing the inflation for a long time now before the Olympic even began...so maybe they will not cause so much reaction as its appear like a norm?

27 minutes ago, YuzuLemonTea said:

I haven't checked because I want to know present scoring rules before dwelling on past ones, but I read Adelina Sotnikova really had a higher base value and her overscoring was far from being as blatant as Nathan Chen's, making ISU able to "justify" her Gold.

Given their present double standard for every element and component scores between Nathan Chen and particularly Yuzuru Hanyu, they could not. I mean, not respecting a cap, or justifying any component higher or equal for the former than for the latter, etc. If Nathan Chen gets a positive GOE for a jump landed with two hands, and Yuzuru Hanyu a negative GOE because a perfect jump was landed a little less perfectly, it's much more blatant than just reducing the PCS difference or overvaluing a "I Biellmann".

My sister somehow knew about the Worlds results. She doesn't really know much about fs and we rarely spoke about it,

but today she saw me feeling very down and she suddenly asked me if its because Yuzu got bronze. I said yeah kinda and she told me that no matter what happened to him or to the judges, a real champion will never be affected by the villains and Yuzuru's name will be, if not already been sung all across the globe. She told me too that she knew people watched fs just to see him skate, that a GOAT will always remain as a GOAT, he is the champion in everyone's hearts including people who don't know him or figure skating well enough. Wins and losses happen, and he will get up again for sure. Even an additional oly gold or not will not affect the fact that he is currently is, if not the greatest skater of all time.

She told me justice will always win, and don't let unfair deeds spoil our day.

made my day :')

I did not manage to write anything yesterday, because I'm still paralyzed in some way...

There was a fire alert during the 6-min warm-up of the final group and we had to leave our house for a bit less than two hours. Thank God, it turned out to be a false alarm in our neighbor's apartment. He was not at home, so we were forced to call the locksmith and the fire department.

When we returned, mom saw the final results and was so down, because she felt it was her fault for not being able to watch live again (of course it wasn't). I was devastated, too. Dad tried his best to comfort us and now we feel somewhat better, but we agreed to cancel everything that happened yesterday... :13877886:

However, no result will change our love for Yuzu and we will always support him until the end :grouphug:

37 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I did not manage to write anything yesterday, because I'm still paralyzed in some way...

There was a fire alert during the 6-min warm-up of the final group and we had to leave our house for a bit less than two hours. Thank God, it turned out to be a false alarm in our neighbor's apartment. He was not at home, so we were forced to call the locksmith and the fire department.

When we returned, mom saw the final results and was so down, because she felt it was her fault for not being able to watch live again (of course it wasn't). I was devastated, too. Dad tried his best to comfort us and now we feel somewhat better, but we agreed to cancel everything that happened yesterday... :13877886:

However, no result will change our love for Yuzu and wenwill always support him until the end :grouphug:

I haven't seen the warm up but I read somewhere that even then, he wasn't very well?

I even wonder if he was that well for the short program, though he did deliver. Because he didn't upgrade, even to a 4Lo while his are superb. So maybe he already knew he had to spare his health because some parameters were not very good?

(I wasn't there either, I was just coming back from the supermarket (and not feeling very well as usual, so I too wondered, but no, I don't think it did anything)).

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

@SitTwizzle Because you were asking for it :winky:

Thank you so much!

A micro-silver lining in his not having had Gold this time, is that at his next Worlds he is likely to advance by a full place (from 5th to 4th) instead of not really advancing had he had Gold (from 4th ex-æquo to 4th alone).

Also, I have shown my husband the two side-by-side photos of the opening pose @Whoopiewoop posted on the Men's Free Skate thread, and even allowing for the difference in lighting, he was clearly ill/unwell yesterday. And for him to look like that, it must have been something serious, asthma or not.

I really hope he's healing fast and well.

EDIT : sorry @Melodie and @Whoopiewoop for inverting your parts.

11 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Thank you so much!

A micro-silver lining in his not having had Gold this time, is that at his next Worlds he is likely to advance by a full place (from 5th to 4th) instead of not really advancing had he had Gold (from 4th ex-æquo to 4th alone).

Also, I have shown my husband the two side-by-side photos of the opening pose @Whoopiewoop posted on the Men's Free Skate thread, and even allowing for the difference in lighting, he was clearly ill/unwell yesterday. And for him to look like that, it must have been something serious, asthma or not.

I really hope he's healing fast and well.

It was actually @Melodie who posted it, I just quoted and pouted :P

i have been ruminating a bit today.... Whilst we know that Yuzu puts 100% into everything he does I realised that he has not specifically stated at any time since he got to this event that he was out to win. In fact, he deflected everytime when asked about his goals for this comp. Yuzu only stated that he was here to win Oly placements and get home safely. Yuzu said that "stuff" was going on back home in the lead up (apart from the earthquake) and I wonder if he knew that that "stuff" was going to affect his performance and that was why he was so noncomittal when answering questions?