General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

Same for me. My chest is still hurting, but I can't cry. I just took a walk thinking I'll feel better, but instead I just feel immense exhaustion and sadness.

Knowing Yuzu, he'll probably go back to being a ninja, but I do kind of want to see him looking mentally and physically healthy before he hides in his cave. I think I'll be able to calm down after that.

something inside me wants to believe that if I feel sad for him, he can feel less sad, but that's not really how that works, is it?

I would feel better if I knew he felt better too, but I also don't want him to feel any obligation to share (or worse, fake :13877886:) his feelings for our sake. The worst thing about parasocial relationships (fancy word for fandom, lol) that it feels like you can't actually do much at all to help the other person. It's so frustrating, especially because I'm sure Yuzu has helped a lot of us through difficult times, or just made our lives happier. And it feels so impossible to return the favor

If the 4A is ready enough by next season and things are more normal again, what are the chances Yuzu will go to more than one senior B/challenger to try it out?? 👀👀 

I know he usually just does one, but i kind of want him to do at least two.... Maybe i'm more curious about it than i should be, but with no ice shows i'm itching to see some attempts (controversial i know, but i'm not that scared as he sounds pretty confident)..... :10636614:

This is all hypothetical, of course 

Edit: Oh, i'm an angry seaweed now. Sounds about accurate after todays competition lol 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

there's WTT, but i hope to god it gets cancelled.

and if not, i hope to god Yuzu does not go and gives a 🖕 to ISU despite (hopefully) not being injured

I also hope WTT gets cancelled. What's the point anyway? It's a fun, but meaningless, competition even during normal times. But nobody needs that in the middle of a pandemic! :/

To think that I had planned to buy tickets for Stockholm and watch it live. I'm so glad that the WC was held without an audience. Just imagine spending more than 1000 Euros on an all-event ticket and spending another 1000 Euros and some on flights, hotel, food etc. Just to watch that shitshow!

PS: The ISU and the Russian and American feds must be really happy now. They've finally managed to make the points judging system as corrupt as the old 6.0 system. Now they can go and divide and conquer all the gold medals among each other. :sick:

This is my first WC that i followed live and i even take leave from work in order to watch it live because of time difference.Now i'm feeling sad and silly for taking off from work,dont think i can watch the gala.I actually resigned myself from the thought of Yuzu winning this WC after seeing how the judging work in ladies and pairs.But it just sad to think that he is unable to deliver H&E cleanly as this programme has a lot of meaning to him.I hope he is ok and not injured or anything as he looks off even before the free skate.I think he also never thought of winning but atleast to deliver a good performances as i think he has quite a good practices here for the past few days...and i hope that Yuzuru know that we still love him and will support him no matter what.There is no poohbear thrown after his performance today but i hope he knew that.Honestly i think Yuzuru will not going to Beijing Olympic...he will try to land the 4A next season and retire.I think by now he must be fully aware that NC has all the support from isu now and no matter how much quad or beautiful 3a that he will be able to land he will not be rewarded for that..Besides with Yuma winning silver here ,he must think than jpn is in good hands now and he can rest his obligation from carrying jpn hope to the olympic.Its just sad again thinking how come isu,media treat a 2x olymoic champion like this.Maybe after winning the last olympic he should retire like what all other olympic champion did atleast this way he will not suffer from all the mistreatment like this..but he loves figure skating so much thats why he continue and i hope the love is still there but i understand if he decide to call it quit.Its just that im so late to be a fan and never experience all of Yuzu previous achievement and glory before and seeing him all happy when his score is announced

8 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I've been thinking, after seeing how Yuzu has been treated and even other olympic champions like Plushenko, Yuna Kim....why would any Olympic Champion continue skating after winning in the future? It is clear message, don't even try....

Which Yuzuru Hanyu, with his character, is likely to take as : "You don't want to see me anymore? Yet you will have to, and I won't let you have your way."

At a point, Olympic Games are not a mere ISU event either. A too strong evidence of judging scandal would lead IOC (and they are no saints) to take measures against ISU, and they have the power to do so because if figure skating was no more an Olympic sport, or if IOC would choose another organising body, it would be the death of ISU. So ISU may not feel at leisure of cheating at Olympics as much as at their own events.

EDIT : ISU really don't know what they're doing when they try to push Yuzuru Hanyu to r...re. As a skater, he can't speak out. When he gets positions at JSF, I'm sure ISU will have to behave a little better, or...

So, my dear esteemed satellites... I guess it's time to serve ISU (along with USFSA and Rusfed) a humongous serving of Sherman's BBQ, eh?

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

This glacial confederacy of dunces needs to be vanquished at once and for good. And it's not a question of if, but rather when. They cannot go on wreaking havoc and get away with it... We'll have to serve them the consequences of their actions.

...as for Yuzu, I am quite optimistic that he'd be able to bounce back, after all this is such a strange season for everyone, so really if he felt like he failed because of a misstep (of any sorts) on his part, I'd like him to know that this time the external factors really influenced things significantly — he doesn't have to be so harsh on himself for (perceived) failure of not accounting every factor possible of his training.

@shanshani I see what you meant by the one-sidedness of parasocial relationship. We know that Yuzu reads up things (as in, the things we fanyus lovingly write/make/create for him 💙) on the internet every now and then so I guess, all we (or rather in this post, I) can say to him now is this...

Yuzu, we know your worth, and we know it best.

Thank you for everything 💙

42 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I've been thinking, after seeing how Yuzu has been treated and even other olympic champions like Plushenko, Yuna Kim....why would any Olympic Champion continue skating after winning in the future? It is clear message, don't even try....

And yet Yuzu got his second Olympic gold medal against all odds.

I seriously don't get it. What could possibly be the ISU's reasoning to push out established skaters with large fan bases? Any other sports federation would thank the universe for having athletes who successfully compete over many years and are very popular. After all, they are the ones who draw in people and money.

The ISU should worship the ground Yuzu walks on and send prayers of thanks to the universe for giving them such a unique, precious star in Yuzu. Instead, they treat him like dirt. I wonder if they're really so delusional and disengaged from reality that they seriously believe that once Yuzu should decide to leave, they will continue to have as many people who are willing to pay all that money and go to watch competitions.

28 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

So, my dear esteemed satellites... I guess it's time to serve ISU (along with USFSA and Rusfed) a humongous serving of Sherman's BBQ, eh?

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

This glacial confederacy of dunces needs to be vanquished at once and for good. And it's not a question of if, but rather when. They cannot go on wreaking havoc and get away with it... We'll have to serve them the consequences of their actions.

How though? Idk...I kinda feel like the only way for skating as a sport to get better, is for it first to be razed now. It's a jump fest, dont bother with artistry...to regain a balance, everything has to go and do a complete rework from the ground up.

1 minute ago, Kat said:

How though? Idk...I kinda feel like the only way for skating as a sport to get better, is for it first to be razed now. It's a jump fest, dont bother with artistry...to regain a balance, everything has to go and do a complete rework from the ground up.

Well yeah, that's what I exactly meant with Sherman's BBQ 😏apologies for using such an oblique reference 💀🔥🔥

Now the real issue is how to realize this beyond mere venting on the internet. We know that the IOC could push the regulatory body of a sport to...well...regulate (and in this case) reorganize if they are found to not be able to do so. It's just that, it would take too long if we have to rely on IOC to change things up 一 there has to be a quicker way even if only relatively speaking 💀

At least for now, we'll have to keep the heat on by keeping on talking about how ridiculous the current judging situation is 💀, and inform other people (casual FS watchers for instance) the importance of fair FS scoring (and the gnarly consequences if this kind of judging shenanigans is left unchecked). That's all I have from the top of my head for now...