Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

10 минут назад, FlyingCamel сказал:


Oh dear, would this be bad for the sport in general and all the skaters though? 

No good at all, but not surprising in current economic situation and with no clear idea about comps.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:


Oh dear, would this be bad for the sport in general and all the skaters though? 

 

The sad thing is that it's actually the ISU that's the worst thing for the sport and the skaters. I think the sponsors have realized this and have started to jump ship.

Link to comment

The main thing is I hope he is healthy and happy no matter what happens from here on out.

 

But I'm also impressed with the level of power move he is making.  The fact that he announced this decision on the day that the ISU is supposed to make their decisions on the Grand Prix sends a clear message by not allowing them to milk his fame for money at the expense of safety. He's being a real example for the community.

Link to comment

Translation might come soon, but he comment something like coronavirus and ashma, a health concern,  then the coaching team, his coach unlikely can  accompany him for competition in Japan, and he would have to self isolate for 2 weeks with no pratice if he go to canada. He said he can't compete in such condition. His action during the pandemic may affect many people to move along and may increase the risk of infection.As the number coronavirus cases in the world has not slowed down, he think he should play a part to prevent the spread of infection

 

Its not an easy decision and Im sure he thought alot. So much respect for him. He not only think for himself. but his team, his coaches, those who will travel to see him. 

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

The main thing is I hope he is healthy and happy no matter what happens from here on out.

 

But I'm also impressed with the level of power move he is making.  The fact that he announced this decision on the day that the ISU is supposed to make their decisions on the Grand Prix sends a clear message by not allowing them to milk his fame for money at the expense of safety. He's being a real example for the community.

 

9 minutes ago, Katt said:

Translation might come soon, but he comment something like coronavirus and ashma, a health concern,  then the coaching team, his coach unlikely can  accompany him for competition in Japan, and he would have to self isolate for 2 weeks with no pratice if he go to canada. He said he can't compete in such condition. His action during the pandemic may affect many people to move along and may increase the risk of infection.As the number coronavirus cases in the world has not slowed down, he think he should play a part to prevent the spread of infection

 

Its not an easy decision and Im sure he thought alot. So much respect for him. He not only think for himself. but his team, his coaches, those who will travel to see him. 


I agree ☝️ 
 

He’s really true to his words. In the 24hours tv interview, he has already mentioned how NOT joining activities that may spread the virus will be the best help for the front line medical personnel.


And obviously he knows how many people will still risk it to see him if he is competing. So even though I’m sad to not see him skate, I’m super relieved. Being safe and healthy is more important than competitions. 
 

Mad respect :nod2:

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...