General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I've said this and I'll say it again — when one says Yuzu has fans from Asia, it doesn't just mean the East Asian sphere, it literally means all across Asia, from Japan to Turkey, from Mongolia to Indonesia. (...and that's *just* from Asia! :9:)

It always irritates me when commentators only talk about his popularity in Japan and Japanese fans when Yuzu has fans from all over the world – Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Australia and I’m sure, even Africa. There might even be a penguin or two or a scientist in Antarctica who’s a Fanyu.

Any Asian fan carrying or wearing Winnie the Pooh stuff is automatically referred to as a Japanese fan even if they’re from some other Asian country or an ethnic Asian from some other continent.

I just logged on to the Online Exhibition store and bought some more Yuzu-related goods :rolleyes:! Ordered clear files and some towels, which comes in handy in humid Japan. The site is easy to navigate and it can be translated to English through Google translater. However, I had some problems when checking out: you have to put your name in katakana (required) before you could go on to the buy dialogue and I was unable to use the pull-down list for prefecture (even though I live in Japan). I could type my name in katakana, but I think it might be difficult for people without a Japanese keyboard. I wrote them an e-mail about fixing this situation, since gaijin fans who don't speak Japanese may want to order. Site also has stuff from the 2018 exhibition, but I couldn't find the Sendai pamphlet (maybe it's somewhere else).  Good luck you guys, but since its made to order, maybe it's not any rush---thank goodness, even though the goods will take longer to arrive. I was just sitting at my desk and shopping was more fun than reviewing a bunch of papers :slinkaway:

42 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It always irritates me when commentators only talk about his popularity in Japan and Japanese fans when Yuzu has fans from all over the world – Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Australia and I’m sure, even Africa. There might even be a penguin or two or a scientist in Antarctica who’s a Fanyu.

Any Asian fan carrying or wearing Winnie the Pooh stuff is automatically referred to as a Japanese fan even if they’re from some other Asian country or an ethnic Asian from some other continent.

Yes, everyone thinks I'm a Japanese fan, even if I am not carrying a Pooh---until I open my mouth to speak :lol:

26 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

I just logged on to the Online Exhibition store and bought some more Yuzu-related goods :rolleyes:! Ordered clear files and some towels, which comes in handy in humid Japan. The site is easy to navigate and it can be translated to English through Google translater. However, I had some problems when checking out: you have to put your name in katakana (required) before you could go on to the buy dialogue and I was unable to use the pull-down list for prefecture (even though I live in Japan). I could type my name in katakana, but I think it might be difficult for people without a Japanese keyboard. I wrote them an e-mail about fixing this situation, since gaijin fans who don't speak Japanese may want to order. Site also has stuff from the 2018 exhibition, but I couldn't find the Sendai pamphlet (maybe it's somewhere else).  Good luck you guys, but since its made to order, maybe it's not any rush---thank goodness, even though the goods will take longer to arrive. I was just sitting at my desk and shopping was more fun than reviewing a bunch of papers :slinkaway:

25 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

They have some really nice stuff (I love the towels) but they don't ship overseas. I guess we need a proxy to order :sigh:

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

I couldn't find the Sendai pamphlet (maybe it's somewhere else).

if i read the original information correctly it is sent with orders of the exhibition book (until stocks of sendai booklet runs out, first come first served).  There'a another way to get the Sendai booklet - I think this is easier if you are based in Japan - the tourist centre will send it out to you if you apply and send in stamped self addressed envelope.  The instructions are here:

https://www.city.sendai.jp/contentsoushutsu/sendaimeguri_senyousaito.html

52 minutes ago, Veveco said:

They have some really nice stuff (I love the towels) but they don't ship overseas. I guess we need a proxy to order :sigh:

The site seems to accept international credit card - at least my order was confirmed, so you may want to try Tenso which is a forwarding service giving you local Japanese address and phone number.  It might work out cheaper than proxy.  Disclaimer:  I haven't used Tenso for a couple of years but it worked fine in the past. 

Happy shopping! 

8 hours ago, LadyLou said:

ahhhh I made it, finally!:smiley-happy093: I caught up with the thread, yeah!!! Now I can be up to date with the rest of you!:hugs:

probably the first time since March:eeking:

understandable, but :sigh:

if he's in Japan, no doubt he is able to make proper arrangements for ice time but I'd feel better knowing he had someone watching over him (well, besides mama Hanyu who probably is tasked with recording duties)

especially if at some point he wants to bring Nessie out to play again

As for choreo, he probably has already chosen music (after all, he had months to think about that :P ), but will he get choreo like with Masquerade on video? (not that I am complaining, it turned out quite well<3)

ngl, right now the chances of seeing Yuzu in September seems to be getting slimmer... (on the other hand, if he is in Japan, Jpn tv could actually organize some kind of media day, with smallish crew... gosh idk what to hope)

The idea of zoom media day doesn't sound half bad... :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

unrelated but I've been updating the Glossary a bit and I'm trying to see if I can make the list more readable: could you tell me if you prefer the layout of the entries changed? like, do you prefer to have them coloured or should I just stick with default color?

EKRXI0T.jpg     vsZPknRr5.jpg

ETA:

AHHHHH NEW YUZUMOTICON YASSSS  GIMME GIMME THEM ALL!!!! :chase:

...says the one who has reached the emojis limit in the Glossary:smiley-sad058:

The multicolours are better. 

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

TBH, I think the term 'Japanese fan' has even been applied to Caucasians waving the Japanese flag for Yuzu. It makes me wonder if the commentators need better glasses. Sooner or later they'll be using the term for an audience in which there are no actual Japanese whatsoever, just because that audience is cheering for Yuzu. :doh: it's like they can only see the flags and banners and Pooh's and not who's holding them.

I don't know how it works, but CDJapan tweets this:

It's very sad that this time they don't sell Kewpie dolls...This morning they sold a limited numbers of the Kewpie dolls from the previous exhibit.

I tried to order a SEIMEI Kewpie. I have a set of four Kewpie I bought two years ago. They are now displayed on my bookshelf. I thought I would need another one to attach to my bag, but all of them were quickly sold out and I couldn't buy it :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

In addition to Kewpie dolls, some of the merchandise from the previous exhibit are sold on the site and unlike Kewpie, they are still available. I ordered a ticket holder which I bought last time and found quite useful, and an acrylic stand which I also bought last time (H&L) and display in front of my PC at my workplace. I love it, so I ordered a new kind to display side by side :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

Those goods are lovely. I would love to have the clear files or the postcards, and the Seimei towel is to die for. But ordering from Japan is so tricky right now. I have five packages from there that have been sent to me since the start of the pandemic and so far only one has arrived, no idea where the rest might be. Japan Post even returned a bunch to the original shopper who had to scramble to send them by DHL, but then customs held up the shipment... nightmare. 

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

Those goods are lovely. I would love to have the clear files or the postcards, and the Seimei towel is to die for. But ordering from Japan is so tricky right now. I have five packages from there that have been sent to me since the start of the pandemic and so far only one has arrived, no idea where the rest might be. Japan Post even returned a bunch to the original shopper who had to scramble to send them by DHL, but then customs held up the shipment... nightmare. 

They also propose FedEx sending, maybe would it get easier to you?

I live in Germany and chose DHL and the book arrived a few days later. I know there were additional restrictions later but are these not suppressed now?