General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Plot twist: Yuzu is skating to Somebody to Love for the Worlds Gala 

:ohmygod:

That video is so adorable though!! 
And yes it’s amazing to have such a large group of people here who all share the same love for Yuzu because I don’t have anyone to fangirl with in real life too :’) 

It is Canadian content, after all...no matter how hard we try to pretend Bieber isn't one of ours...:LOL:

9uhCqGQ.jpg

These are Fanyu Good Luck Charms I will be handing out at Worlds. (You can find me at seat: SECTION 101 - ROW R - SEAT 10)  Obviously, I expected Yuzu to be doing Origin there, but it's still good luck and will remind us of purple Origin. At least I added a Ballad feather :grin: In Japan, 5 yen coins are considered good luck. They also consider KitKat bars good luck because "Kit Kat" sounds like the Japanese word for "sure win." Because of this, KitKat bars are very popular in Japan... and, well, they're yummy ,chocolate covered wafers, so...  Anyway, I'll post a reminder as we get closer. 

15 minutes ago, Toni said:

9uhCqGQ.jpg

These are Fanyu Good Luck Charms I will be handing out at Worlds. (You can find me at seat: SECTION 101 - ROW R - SEAT 10)  Obviously, I expected Yuzu to be doing Origin there, but it's still good luck and will remind us of purple Origin. At least I added a Ballad feather :grin: In Japan, 5 yen coins are considered good luck. They also consider KitKat bars good luck because "Kit Kat" sounds like the Japanese word for "sure win." Because of this, KitKat bars are very popular in Japan... and, well, they're yummy ,chocolate covered wafers, so...  Anyway, I'll post a reminder as we get closer. 

Thats beautiful! :201111231756430f6:

1 hour ago, Toni said:

9uhCqGQ.jpg

Wow those look absolute gorgeous. It's so nice of you to be doing this :cri:

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just want to say 'Thank You!' to the Planet:softYuzu:

Reading and writing here with fellow fanyus is so healing. So many thoughtful, creative and encouraging posts. Such a nice and friendly atmosphere, too. I don't have to worry about my blood pressure (very important). On other platforms I always want to put on my armour, take out my sword and shield and fight everyone who writes stupid stuff about Yuzu :swordfight: 

I can't help, but I have such strong protective feelings for this adorkable super hero who can fly... aye? :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

8 hours ago, Crow said:

I agree completely, lovely place. I really needed a place to pour in mine and take in all the Yuzu passion around the world! haha So many feelings!

And yes, worlds can not come soon enough! Then we can get more Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

8 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Absolutely no one in my real life is a fanyu...so this Planet Hanyu is perfect for me to enjoy celebrating the incomparable artist, athlete and human being, Zuzu:devilYuzu:

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

And yes it’s amazing to have such a large group of people here who all share the same love for Yuzu because I don’t have anyone to fangirl with in real life too :’) 

You guys think it’s tough to find someone to fangirl with! Try finding someone to fanguy with!

One of our very best friends, Greg, who aided and abetted us in our trip to Montréal for the 2017 ACI is a typical Canadian guy who plays hockey at least twice a week in an old timers’ casual league. Whenever I bring up Yuzu and men’s figure skating, he says, “Where are the sticks?”

That's the funny thing...I couldn't care less about hockey...and I live in hockey obsessed Edmonton!

One time, my neighbour came over to offer hockey tickets( hubby was too sick to go) and my son and I said no, thanks( why would I go out in winter -20 degrees C, to go sit in an ice rink to watch a fight with the occasional game break out)?  Now, I happily pay $$$ to sit hours and days in an icerink to watch Yuzuru.  The irony!!

3 hours ago, Toni said:

9uhCqGQ.jpg

The best of luck always for Yuzu! Thanks so much for making these Good Luck Charms. They are so pretty! :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

I love the Green Tea Kit Kat bars they sell at the local Japanese supermarket.

19 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Here's the next part of this long and touching interview after JNats, translated by the great team from Axel With Wings. It will never cease to amaze me how he's been able not to lose any of his genuineness in such conditions he's been dealing with for many years.

It's so sad to see him doubt himself...I hope he's in a better place mentally now. And saying he doesn't think he's amazing and that he doesn't want to stagnate:sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046:

3 hours ago, Toni said:

9uhCqGQ.jpg

Beautiful.  I'll come looking for you on day 1! Did you know there are over 200 different flavors of kit kat bars in Japan?  Wow.

8 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu is too strong and too self-reliant to ever consider a therapist. No one has to tell Yuzu what he needs to do and he would never listen anyway. I always trust him when facing a new challenge and he never disappoints me, regardless of the result. Yuzu is one extremely intelligent, tough, and resilient young man!

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this attitude. The idea that strong people don't need a therapist. So if you need a therapist, then you must be weak? As someone who saw a therapist for years and is now on the verge of needing one again, I take offense at it. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu would not consider a therapist, while at the same time I hope his studies of psychology as part of his university studies have made him more open minded. I'm sure he knows the importance of psychology in his sport and I think he's probably aware of his own trauma stemming from the earthquake experience. Then there's the stuff he said at Continues. This all makes me hope he is far more open minded about it and is willing to ask for and accept help on the harder days. TCC has sports psychologists on call precisely to help the athletes. Asking for and accepting help in tough times, to help clear one's mind does not mean that person is not strong. I REALLY hope Yuzu knows that. He's been through so much stuff I just hope he gets all the support he needs.

32 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this attitude. The idea that strong people don't need a therapist. So if you need a therapist, then you must be weak? As someone who saw a therapist for years and is now on the verge of needing one again, I take offense at it. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu would not consider a therapist, while at the same time I hope his studies of psychology as part of his university studies have made him more open minded. I'm sure he knows the importance of psychology in his sport and I think he's probably aware of his own trauma stemming from the earthquake experience. Then there's the stuff he said at Continues. This all makes me hope he is far more open minded about it and is willing to ask for and accept help on the harder days. TCC has sports psychologists on call precisely to help the athletes. Asking for and accepting help in tough times, to help clear one's mind does not mean that person is not strong. I REALLY hope Yuzu knows that. He's been through so much stuff I just hope he gets all the support he needs.

I don't think he wouldn't ever consider seing a therapist.

Just that, he will be his own therapist for "just another" moment of doubt, supported by his family and his coaches. And from Brian Orser's words, they did have to help a lot.

Thank you so much Kaeryth, I've seen the beginning and the image is just splendid. And Abe no Seimei is wearing a top with tender green details (though not exactly the same fluorescent green, but I tend to think they chose this colour because he was to wear the costume only twice in competition, then probably several times as an exhibition program, when light technicians don't always manage to keep up with his speed).

Will ISU use I-scope again in Worlds? I want Yuzu's 4lz stats. I expect them to use it for all major comps since Worlds 19 but this season they only did for GPF and nothing for EC and 4CC at all! They even stripped me of his 4Lo stats in GPF FS with a plain graph and NO STATS! Good job ISU thanks for nothing :deadinside:

tkUUQ9F.jpg

Btw since I-scope was put into use (just Worlds, GPF, Nats 18 and 19), Yuzu's 4S in GPF SP and 3A in Worlds 19 SP are the best stats for quads and triples correspondingly. This app didn't measure quads often, mostly 3As and you can tell from numbers Yuzu 3A's height and distance is a different universe from others :darklordyuzu: