General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

OK, this is too painful, the reference to moegi armour is too too painful... Why Yuzu?  Are you offering your head to the ISU general?  

The history associated with the colour is very interesting!  All Yuzu has said about the colour choice so far, that I could find from interviews, is that they wanted to keep SEIMEI costume as is, but also wanted a way for fans to tell at a glance which SEIMEI they were looking at, so they had to change something about the costume, but not too much. And that he feels elegant and bright in the green.

6 hours ago, glilikoi said:

- Cramming so many jumps into 20 secs wasn't really calculated. It just ended up like that because he wanted to put in a good axel from steps as a single element to get high GOE; then he thought it'd be cool if he could put in a flip from steps as well, as if it were just a continuation of the steps. 

Of all the reasons for that gorgeous sequence (in the general sense, not the technical skating term) of jumps. Just because he thought it would be cool. Shaking my head at our boy and his mind <3 

12 часов назад, micaelis сказал:

Here's a question I hope someone here can answer.  Yuzu's Seimei yesterday took 4 minutes 10 seconds to perform.  I went back and timed his FS at PC and found it took 4 minutes and 40 seconds.  In watching his performance yesterday I could not find any obvious differences between yesterday's and the Olympic skate.  I don't have the software that would enable a detailed comparison of the two but I have hopes someone here might.  It would be interesting to see exactly where he eliminated those thirty seconds.

The tempo was a little bit faster, but also yes, he has remowed two phrases from the score. One - in the cross-roll's part, and second - in the part before the final step sequence. I hope he will adjust it better before the WC, 'cause now it sounds a little bit scratchy.

16 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

In the novel I love, 銀河英雄伝説 (Legend of the Galactic Heroes), there are two extinguished generals in the imperial army referred to as 双璧.

Maybe two programs are what serve Yuzu as his indispensable generals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes

https://gineipaedia.com/wiki/Wolfgang_Mittermeyer

https://gineipaedia.com/wiki/Oskar_von_Reuenthal

It’s so weird bumping into another LOGH fan here! For some reason, when I saw Yuzu’s seimei costume I was reminded of Reinhard’s flowing white cape and black uniform...😅

4 minutes ago, monchan said:

When u think about it, it's the FIRST time since 12/13 season that's he's going to do ALL* available comps. OMG, this is such an achievement given he's at 10th season already :smiley-happy105:

ALL*: CS + all GPs + Nats + All championships

13/14 should count, too, because he didn't do 4cc, but he did olys, which is more demanding lol