General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, glilikoi said:

Q: In the next WC, you will be fighting with Nathan, and maybe in 4CC too. What's your plan for bringing out the 4A? 

A: I'm still not able to imagine it in concrete terms. The game is on when I can actually land it. Currently I think I'd like to land it around February. But basic stamina, absolute strength and the sense of flow must all be incorporated more deeply, or I can't do it. The hurdle/bar is high, and it might not be something I can master in a matter of these few months. I do feel something like fear in that regard, and a reluctance to talk about it out loud. But I hope I can keep on chasing after it and finally do it.

I love that he's so open about his ambition to land 4A and his pursual of it even though he hasn't yet and he might not. It takes a lot of guts to let the world in on what you're trying to achieve when there's a possibility you won't get there. I don't say this with any doubt that he will actually land it or anything. I just think it's huge that he's invited everyone along on his journey to land it, knowing the scrutiny that comes with it. 

That’s why it annoys me when people make assumptions about his motivation, some because they are just haters for whatever reason, some because they are too lazy to look for translations of his interviews and make western style judgements about his attitude to competition and the challenges he sets himself, without listening to what he says or noting the demeanour with which he says it.  I’ve been looking around over the French scandal lately and seen the sort of annoying knee jerk reactions that drove me away from social media in the first place.  There are some seriously irritating people out there.

11 minutes ago, river said:

I thought there would be a few people talking about Yuzu on there, but... :surprised:

(They aren’t wrong, though.)

I think Yuzuru is, hands down, MUCH better looking - but when they are looking things scientifically, which this is, they look at symmetry and Yuzu's face is not symmetric.  But who wants symmetric?  Not me!

4 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Even if ACI doesn't get granted challenger status it will most likely still be held and Yuzu will probably go as he did in 2015 when it wasn't a challenger so there's nothing to worry about. 

That's good to know.....I just really like to see all the TCC guys skating...  

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

This thread has somehow become a "best Yuzu picture" game for fanyus and it's hilarious :68468287:

Hide contents

My favorite might be this one :lol: sparkly boy! :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

And with good reason. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that Robert Pattinson is the world's most beautiful man but his face has the opposite effect on me...

Oh, come to think of it... @Crow - you were asking over in the 4CC thread how it's possible for Yuzu to be so much more handsome in person than on the screen, and this discussion here has got me thinking how to explain it: Yuzu's good heart and earnest spirit shines out of every pore and you really feel it when you  see him in person. What's the saying? "Handsome is as handsome does"? it's literally that. Character counts. 

25 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And with good reason. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that Robert Pattinson is the world's most beautiful man but his face has the opposite effect on me...

Oh, come to think of it... @Crow - you were asking over in the 4CC thread how it's possible for Yuzu to be so much more handsome in person than on the screen, and this discussion here has got me thinking how to explain it: Yuzu's good heart and earnest spirit shines out of every pore and you really feel it when you  see him in person. What's the saying? "Handsome is as handsome does"? it's literally that. Character counts. 

It the aura, like the Japanese say! I do feel like all those things make him handsome, ofc! But I know those things without looking at him.

He is just too powerful a presence, I believe. You can probably feel the Yuzu power radiating :nod2:

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Robert Pattinson, to me, resembles a persian cat. Smashed face. Otherwise a run against a brick wall-the wall won.

I'll take someone with Yuzuru's physique and grace over....that- any day.

Personally, I find Rob Pattinson handsome (and usually with red head guys I'm very ... repulsed is a bit harsh but I don't know what to say otherwise... because as a redhead myself I see them as long lost cousins) , but not nearly as handsome as Yuzuru or a bunch of other men (the one who plays Rafael on Jane the Virgin, for example, is very handsome in my eyes).

I also very much appreciated that there was someone on that Twitter thread who brought up how any "most attractive' title is always given to someone white, as though white beauty standards and tastes are the pinnacle of looks for the world. 

And, I have used this Twitter silliness to convert my bestie to our (meme)lord and saviour's cause and after some H&L goodness she's going to tune in for the 4CC men's short. As a muso she will also very much appreciate the Chopin, so I think we've won her over already, even before he skates. 

lmaooo I hope Yuzu encountered that post of Robert Pattinson =))). I just find the comment section very funny :darklordyuzu:. Fanyus alr do more for FS popularity than ISU Shading Skating Awards :embSwan:. It would be even funnier if they invite Robert Pattinson as one of the celebrities :winky:

Spoiler

Unrelated but for my personal taste, Robert Pattinson is NOT sooooo handsome. I watched Harry Potter but didn't even notice his character or his handsomeness until he blew up with Twilight and everybody was like OMG BEST FACE ON EARTH etc. On the other hand the first time I saw Yuzu I was stunned like, I don't know if you can call it "handsome", but very special vibe. The more you see him, the more you feel the "harmony", "balance" from his facial structure.