General Yuzuru Chat

@rubyblue

Maybe a bit mean so under spoiler, but it's my honest opinion. 

This actually made me understand the reaction to Nathan's choreo sequence a bit better. 

I've always thought it was horrible and almost making a mockery of hip hop with the way he's flailing around like a chicken doing what many seem to call 'dancing'. There's almost zero control of movement and precision which always leaves me baffled since he apparently did work with real dancers while learning it. So it always gave me terrible second hand embarrassment and seeing people praising it has been... Weird. It's still terrible in my opinion but now i understand why the audience seem to like it, it just serves as a break from the monotone feel the rest of the program has. 

Edit: Quoted the wrong post and i'm on mobile so don't know how to fix it but yeah... Removed the quote and @'d the user instead. 

7 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

@rubyblue

Reveal hidden contents

This actually made me understand the reaction to Nathan's choreo sequence a bit better. 

I've always thought it was horrible and almost making a mockery of hip hop with the way he's flailing around like a chicken doing what many seem to call 'dancing'. There's almost zero control of movement and precision which always leaves me baffled since he apparently did work with real dancers while learning it. So it always gave me terrible second hand embarrassment and seeing people praising it has been... Weird. It's still terrible in my opinion but now i understand why the audience seem to like it, it just serves as a break from the monotone feel the rest of the program has. 

Edit: Quoted the wrong post and i'm on mobile so don't know how to fix it but yeah... Removed the quote and @'d the user instead. 

Ehm, I agree. It's not a cheese I like either :)

5 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Didn’t Yuzu initially have a 5 quad layout for SEIMEI at Olys? iirc In early  Oly season there was a documentary with Yuzuru talking about SEIMEI layout - he had it written down (in his lovely neat handwriting!) and there was 4loop and 4lutz

Just watched CoR17 SEIMEI and Yuzu had a 5 quad layout : 4Lz 4Lo 4S 4T, 4T3T,3A2T 3A so he practised that from Summer 17 to his injury Nov 17 - all in the bank waiting to be resurrected!

37 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Didn’t Yuzu initially have a 5 quad layout for SEIMEI at Olys? iirc In early  Oly season there was a documentary with Yuzuru talking about SEIMEI layout - he had it written down (in his lovely neat handwriting!) and there was 4loop and 4lutz included - if so, he will have been practising this in Summer 2017 (all training remains in the bank says Brian!), and the only alteration needed is reducing the time by 20 seconds (i know this in itself is tough!) but he may have already have muscle memory of the upgraded programme?

if anyone knows the documentary I am referring to it would be great to have a link to check it out!

i am off to watch CoR2017 SEIMEI for clues!!

Its 4:40 mins verson, reducing 30sec is another beast and if you re watch Seimei COR, the last 3 jumping pass were already really close to each other. One of the most amazing thing about Seimei is the chsq, with 33s long and most chsq under new system are much shorter (Origin is about 18sec). I just can't imagine how he's gonna handle it and I'm so looking forward to his first practice. 

Edit : His isu's bio got update again today and still Chopin/Seimei. Well, better light all the candles now :drama:

53 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Sad thing is that Nathan's choreo sq is "so impactful" mostly because it's such a contrast to the emptiness of everything before it. Fact that you can perform only in 10-15 seconds of 4 minutes program and still get high 9 in PCS is so unfair and annoying. 

I agree..I'm no fan of it, I actually don't even remember his program, but the judges seem to be.

And I also dont like Nathan's skating, all due respect as a high performing athlete, but his artistry -or lack thereof- is unattractive to me.
I think there should be more balance, ofc new and exciting development for the sport is appreciated (like say going for a 4A or a 5 : ), but always keeping in mind the essence of figure skating and making sure not to lose the performing aspect of it. I dont want to watch just jumps I want to watch a beautiful skate.  And when people like Nate get all the praise for focusing on jumps, and Yuzu's efforts are underappreciated it sends a message. A bad message in my humble opinion.

30 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

@rubyblue

Hide contents

Amen to all this. 

Spoiler

I totally dislike the costume, the choreo - or the lack of it. Everything. Just terrible. lol

15 минут назад, Crow сказал:

And I also dont like Nathan's skating, all due respect as a high performing athlete, but his artistry -or lack thereof- is unattractive to me.

It's not only artistry but also GOEs for jumps and other elements with not best execution. But in FS not like it's smth new sadly.