Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

44 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

But it does seem like Yuzu is at TCC, because that Joseph video was new and that did look like Yuzu skating by. I'm not really surprised, to be honest, but I do hope he got to rest a bit. (Or if he flew straight back to TCC, that Brian forbid him from entering the rink until he was fully rested again...) Also, it seemed Jason was there, too, and others, so I guess skaters were mostly back to work anyway.

Apparently someone on Twitter saw Yuzu grocery shopping with his mom a couple of days before New Year's in Toronto (they didn't bother him for a picture or autograph or anything like that). It seems plausible that he would have already gone back. I guess him being in Toronto doesn't mean he couldn't have spent New Year's with his family, since I'm sure they could afford to go to Canada.

And in a way, it might be easier for Yuzu to have a quiet/relaxing new year in Toronto, because there is less media attention. In Toronto too, someone might notice him in a supermarket, but people generally respect his privacy. Apparently there was 1 time somebody in Toronto posted a sneaky pic of Yuzu they'd taken in a supermarket, but a lot of people criticised them and they took the photo down quickly. This kind of incident is still rare in Toronto, thankfully, and there certainly isn't the same level of media interest as there is in Japan. Sure, he could hole up in his house for New Year's in Sendai, and I know people there make a point to respect his privacy, but I think it would still be difficult for him to even go grocery shopping with his mom in a big supermarket without extra attention. 

Anyway, I don't think him being in Toronto necessarily has anything to do with the media at all. Probably he just wants a good start on 4CC training and it's convenient enough to just spend New Year's in Toronto. TCC has been his home rink for a long time, and being able to start off training well might just be Yuzu's ideal way to start the new decade, so I'm happy if he can do that. Although I also hope he took some time off! 

I don't think I posted on here in the last couple of days btw, so happy new year everyone! :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw: 新年あけましておめでとう! 

Not surprised to hear he is in Toronto. I would have been more surprised if he came back after New year's. He has to get that 4a,  change his sp, master new layouts, work on stamina for all of that, and try to get that ready for 4cc.... yup, def lots to do. And Jason has Nats, so does Joseph.... serious work going on for these guys. 

1 hour ago, liv said:

Not surprised to hear he is in Toronto. I would have been more surprised if he came back after New year's. He has to get that 4a,  change his sp, master new layouts, work on stamina for all of that, and try to get that ready for 4cc.... yup, def lots to do. And Jason has Nats, so does Joseph.... serious work going on for these guys. 

Yeah, this would be high season for competition prep. JNats and Rusnats are early but most nationals are in January and then we get 4CC, Euros and World's...no time to ease off really. 

Is there any Italian speaker here who could verify this translation? I like that Ondrej apparently pointed this out

5 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Everyone's crying for 4CC tickets :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

https://ameblo.jp/mimiyesp/entry-12564056789.html

I was thinking to fly to Korea, but I've given up.

I also wanted to go and I tried to buy tickets but no luck.

And irritating thing is that I still see that there are 3 tickets available in theory but there are not there when you go to seat selection 😔

23 hours ago, Toni said:

You really need to do everything you can to see him live. 

Yes I guess so too, and so I was trying hard to get 4CC tickets today but with no luck :10742290:  Not sure if there is miracle to make the first trip for Yuzu possible and sooner... will continue to hope and try!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Is there any Italian speaker here who could verify this translation? I like that Ondrej apparently pointed this out

very late as usual but that's exactly what Ondrej said :biggrin:

Is it certain Yuzu's going to 4CC?  Also, is Nathan going also?  If both are there attention will be at maximum levels (until Worlds, when attention will be maximum +).

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Is it certain Yuzu's going to 4CC? 

He has been named by JSF as selected for 4CC along with Shoma, and I have read somewhere he was also asked why he elected to go to 4CC so it seems he had some choice in it too.  So, if he remains healthy, I take it he will definitely be there.  Hence the 4CC ticket sales explosion!! :surprised_pikachu: (correct me if I am wrong, fellow fanyus!)

11 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Is it certain Yuzu's going to 4CC?  Also, is Nathan going also?  If both are there attention will be at maximum levels (until Worlds, when attention will be maximum +).

Yuzu is going if he's healthy (pleaseplease). US team will be announced after Nationals, it's unlikely Nathan will come there because of his school schedule, not to mention it's the other half of the world, but we won't know until then.

For those you who can get CS Asahi 2, they are running a series of Special Requests programs from 8-12:30 , 3 Jan 2020, Japan time, all skaters, including Yuzu, roughly chronicological order, theme, but just what the programmers feel like 🤡. At 12:30-3:30 pm, the tv listing says there will be a special on Yuzuru Hanyu and Russian  skaters— don’t think this is new and it’s rebroadcast of material from Asahi, but might be worth a watch, since it’s always good to see our boy!