I am against the idea of singing Happy Birthday during the competition simply because it's A COMPETITION not a show. His Kiss & Cry time is for the skater after him to prepare for his performance. Yes, it would be like what they did for Javi at 2015 GPF which Yuzu very much minded and has been trying to keep his fans from doing. 

22 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

After his practice has ended...seems like a good time.  Yuzu will be in the last group so when practice ends for the last group...may be the best time .

there's only one practice group at GPF :P but yes, FS practice seems like a good time. or victory ceremony

I think in Marseille fans sang happy birthday after one of the practice sessions, but I think it happened to fall on his actual birthday.

I think the other alternative is to just wait until the gala to sing happy birthday, and maybe just hold up a birthday sign during competition.

14 時間前, mokjakarmaさんが言いました:

Petition to ban everyone from interviewing yuzuru hanyu except shuzo matsuoka. Half kidding.

This is only my guess, but this year, Shuzo might keep asking Yuzuru about WR and Nathan during GPF. But they know each other well unlike other journalists, so fingers crossed for fun and smiley interviews as always :fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, kiches said:

I think in Marseille fans sang happy birthday after one of the practice sessions, but I think it happened to fall on his actual birthday.

I think the other alternative is to just wait until the gala to sing happy birthday, and maybe just hold up a birthday sign during competition.

Aww, all this reminds me of last year's GPF when we were making all sorts of birthday plans for him. We had the same discussion of if / when we could sing Happy Birthday to him. We were also thinking of bringing party hats and passing them to satellites and other fanyus to wear during the free skate and waving Happy Birthday banners. 

Here is a really cute compilation of all his birthday celebrations:

6 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Aww, all this reminds me of last year's GPF when we were making all sorts of birthday plans for him. We had the same discussion of if / when we could sing Happy Birthday to him. We were also thinking of bringing party hats and passing them to satellites and other fanyus to wear during the free skate and waving Happy Birthday banners. 

Here is a really cute compilation of all his birthday celebrations:

Birthday Banner(s) sounds cool. 

Interesting- the way he thinks about 4A.   Shizuka is so supportive and nice - let’s hope he listens to his fellow gold medalist and not random idiot reporters looking for a sound bite.