General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Pammi said:

and @rockstaryuzu said "I've often gotten the feeling that Yuzu hears about all our shenanigans as well. There's definitely things I've seen him do that seem to relate directly back to our conversations here".

I had a similar(ish) experience to you - During FaOI in 2018 (I think!) I made a comment on the FaOI thread when Yuzuru had used a towel to wipe his sweaty face, I said something like - "no dont throw it away, throw it to me!"...... and the very next FaOI he did that teasing thing of pretending to throw his (sweaty!) towel to the audience....I really wondered then if he had been going through our threads!! :surprised_pikachu:

Well, why wouldn't he? We are witty and entertaining, after all. :dancingeggplant:

39 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpf2019_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

I dont know where else to put it, but this is the schedule for Turin GPF, already up on the ISU site. Tricky timetable if you ask me.

Gosh I am exhausted just looking at that!! Poor Yuzuru has to be at freeskate practice at 7am on his special quarter of a century birthday!! (never mind us attending fans too - up at 6am folks!!) - and the day's skating doesn't finish till nearly 11pm, a very loooong day...... :english1:   BUT still very exciting!! :smiley-gen013:

On 24/11/2019 at 4:20, KatjaThera said:

So in a way, the injury forced him to re-focus and take things one step at a time. I do sometimes wonder how it would have been without that and there are times when I think his mind was not in the right place at all before the injury. But who knows, really. It was still incredible how he came back from that

I'm not sure if his mentality was an issue, but I do remember when the 112 SP happened at ACI 17, all I could think of was "this isn't right, he's peaking too early, even earlier than usual". I remember how Orser was saying that Yuzuru was already at his top form in July and that was my biggest concern. That, on top of the enormous expectations he was put under, because of the pressure to surpass his previous record-breaking performances of Seimei. Recycling those two legendary programs was a risky move. If anything, the injury did help temper those expectations.

2 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I'm not sure if his mentality was an issue, but I do remember when the 112 SP happened at ACI 17, all I could think of was "this isn't right, he's peaking too early, even earlier than usual". I remember how Orser was saying that Yuzuru was already at his top form in July and that was my biggest concern. That, on top of the enormous expectations he was put under, because of the pressure to surpass his previous record-breaking performances of Seimei. Recycling those two legendary programs was a risky move. If anything, the injury did help temper those expectations.

...Aaaaaand he came at ACI with a knee in pain, the reason why he settled for a 4 sal in the SP replacing the  Lo. And bam! WR! How about that, hm?

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpf2019_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

I dont know where else to put it, but this is the schedule for Turin GPF, already up on the ISU site. Tricky timetable if you ask me.

Honestly, assuming their aim was to keep bums in seats I think it's a masterpiece. (Though I guess they're assuming that Thursday and Friday afternoon will be doomed anyway)

As someone who's going to be there I wish it was arranged very differently!

If Yuzu wins GPF, will he go back to ISU World Standing No.1? (Not season ranking, the whole accumulated ranking)

Do you think Yuzu cares about ISU World ranking, and go to 4CC to maintain or increase his ranking if he is healthy?

Also what do you guys think Yuzu will use as his Gala EX for the rest of the season?

8 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

If Yuzu wins GPF, will he go back to ISU World Standing No.1? (Not season ranking, the whole accumulated ranking)

Do you think Yuzu cares about ISU World ranking, and go to 4CC to maintain or increase his ranking if he is healthy?

Also what do you guys think Yuzu will use as his Gala EX for the rest of the season?

It depends where Nathan finishes.

Yuzu is currently 101 points behind Nathan.

If Yuzu wins and Nathan is second Yuzu gets 800 points, but Nathan gets 720, and they both drop a 400, so Yuzu only 'gains' 80 points on Nathan.

If Nathan is 3rd then he gets 648 points and Yuzu does get the number 1 back because he'll gain 152 points over Nathan. 

(But he will jump Shoma to 2nd  no matter what the result is.)

ETA: I imagine he likes being number 1, but probably doesn't really care about it too much past being in the top six to get into the last group at Worlds.