But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world above you
Now I'm in a whole new world above you
Unbelievable sights (4A!)
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, jumping, freewheeling
Over endless diamond ice
A whole new world (Don't you dare close your eyes)
A hundred thousand skills to show off (Hold your breath, it gets better)
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't let you hold me down!

On 10/3/2019 at 12:42 AM, Paskud said:
A whole new jump
A new fantastic 4a
ISU can't tell me no
Or when to go (and retire)
Or say me I'm URing

A whole new jump
A dazzling quint I will do soon
Because when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now you can just kiss me in my a:censor: (judges!)
:P

I am catching up with this thread (skipped 20 pages by mistake gosh wanna go and read those too:13877886:) and I absolutely wanted to say that those these were brilliant, I'll be singing them un my head instead of the original lyrics :smiley-laughing021::happy0065:

( a few days ago I saw  on twitter short renditions of a very popular Italian singer's hits but referencing ISU and scoring, so to me it was twice funny to see around the same time people were rewriting songs on the Planet too😅)

18 hours ago, ICeleste said:

:offtopic2:I want to share something to light up the mood. This track was released a few days ago and what amazes me is that it sounds like Yuzuru's theme song.

I mean, the title "JOPPING" is a made-up word, explained in the chorus "when we're jumping and popping, we jopping"

Also, these lyrics...:  "step on the floor, star a riot

where's the competition, man? it's looking one-sided"

"opinionated but i'm always spitting straight facts"

"fly like a paraglide" "believe me, i'm a sight to see"

"let me see you put it on like a costume, make the crowd go wild in a small room"

"i don't even care, we will burn on this stage"

"you know how we get down? jopping! we'll keep jumping and popping here all night"

From now on every time Yuzu pops a jump, I'll be singing this in my head. it would be amazingly funny if he skated to it.:xD:

NOPE jopping STAY AWAY from Yuzu:59227c768286a__s: 

The only words I will accept in a sentence about Yuzu containing the word "jumping" are "rotating fully and landing beautifully" (hey, it could make for a nice song too:biggrin:)

Re: behaviour of fans 

maybe a thread would be useful not to lose the discussion in the ocean that is this gen thread😅

Though I would avoid calling for "rules for Yuzu fans", as it would kind of draw a line between Yuzu fans and other fans, and there shouldn't be one, not in bad way (Yuzu fans in general aren't worse than most, they have the same duties of anyone attending comp) nor in good way (Yuzu fans shouldn't be aiming for Nobel prize for peace, they are just regular folks wanting to enjoy an event as any other fan).

@KatjaThera I know you just meant it in the sense of speaking about competition etiquette and e.g. what to avoid in the rink (or outside)

Maybe a thread about such things could also have general suggestions about what to bring to a comp also in terms of accessories (like binoculars) or clothing. I don't mean policing what to wear of course, just advices about how to dress against cold and such..for example, I had little idea about what to bring the first time I went to comp. I think usually such advices are given in each competition thread under Community Talk, I am not sure if there is already a more general thread for these things (if there is, maybe it could be pinned in that subforum? So it's easier to find it)

I think there was an extensive talk about competition etiquette right in this thread(I think?), about e.g. when to go for a break and so on, so they could be quoted in such a thread. Just to have in one place all the practical advices from people who already have experience in attending an event... (then of course, since a comp like ACI or JNats might have peculiar rules, further advices could be given in the respective threads...)

Btw, from ACI streaming it sounded to me that JunHwan got cheers as loud as Yuzu when skaters' name was called, in both practice and comp, was it like that in the arena too?:67638860:

12 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Yes, it was him! What kind of memory do you have, girl, that you remember all those details of what he said so well. :xD:

I think it was also him who criticized the scoring system repeatedly, especially the automatic inflation of PCS that comes with high TES.

Oh well, at least there are still some good commentators who have real expertise and really know what they're talking about.

You know, whenever a public figure praises Yuzu's total package, my brain turns into a harddrive. It's music for my ears and it must be saved immediately.  :gla:

Elvis Stojko refers to Yuzuru in discussing "Warrior vs Performer" in an interview with PJKwong, at 12'30".  Thank you PJ and Elvis!

"Hanyu has the perfect balance. He goes out there as the Warrior, and then performs. And does not have the Performer attitude first. If you have the Performer attitude first, you will get destroyed in competition, hands down. I've seen it all the time." - Elvis

5 часов назад, ralucutzagy сказал:

lol ... this just popped-up in my TL! I miss him so much.

Ahhhh, sweet memories... One of the best comps ever, great city, amazing competition - all men (expect of Daisuke Murakami) skated better end better in the free one after the other, then Yuzu giving interview to Sara "scores is scores and performance is performance" - I can hear it now in my head :10814716:

8 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Btw, from ACI streaming it sounded to me that JunHwan got cheers as loud as Yuzu when skaters' name was called, in both practice and comp, was it like that in the arena too?:67638860:

I think everyone in that group got pretty loud cheers just because, but Jun definitely got his share of screaming. And it wasn't unwarranted. Even though Yuzu was on the ice, Jun occasionally stole my eyes away.

12 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

If nothing else, Raf is there to keep him grounded.  I still get the impression that if he weren't Nathan's coach, he'd be more of a Yuzu fan than a Nathan fan and we have to remember, that Raf is a crafty strategist.

And how! Every time he opens his mouth about Yuzu and Nathan, all I hear is a wily coach saying things calculated to fire up his own skater. let's face it, it's got to sting to be Nathan and hear Raf say "I'm his fan" about Yuzu, and ask for Yuzu's autograph. 

It's exactly what I'd do as a coach if I had a skater with that level of potential who needed a slight prod in the buttocks to get moving. 

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not a coach. 

23 minutes ago, mercedes said:

It was bound to happen sooner or later...I'm sure -yuzu would be very interested in the topic:biggrin:

In Act Two, he showed the students a YouTube video of Olympic gold medalist figure skater, Yuzuru Hanyu, performing his winning routine. In it, Hanyu is completing multiple rotations on the ice and his speed changes when he goes from arms and leg outstretched, to a tucked position. Meyers used this to explain the conservation of angular momentum, or the change in the spin of the solar system and objects within it, as they get smaller (contract) or larger (expand).

Zuzu is literally a sun now.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I love this sun. ->:space: