Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yuzu looks so damn beautiful! Purple is a good color for him! (well, all the colors looks great on him! lol)

 

When I first saw Origin 2.0, I was a bit surprised of the deep oval neck, but now it's probably my favorite Yuzu costume ever.

 

1. DEEP purple is an awesome color for him. It looks really noble and vivid.

2. Love the butterflies and flower details. Sure, the costume is very sparky again, but it works perfectly here.

3. This is probably the only costume that shows his body lines even better than UA.

4. The mesh matches his skin color better than ever and it doesn't wrinkle at all.

5. I honestly didn't believe that it's possible to design a completely new costume that comes anywhere close to Origin 1.0. The bar was set really stellar high last season. That alone makes Origin 2.0 the ultimate winner for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

 

 

:2lbkos0:Wow what a stunning picture.  The purple really suits him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 6 minutos , Veveco said:

For those (like me) who couldn't watch jgp: another Zuzu tribute :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg:

It's quite a prolific year :softYuzu:

 

 

All this kids are healing my heart and making me cry!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg::softYuzu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:offtopic2:Maybe, maybe not.

This Newsweek article may be explaining why figure skating is so popular in Japan, even though it refers to figure skating as just "In Japan, the media elevates male ballet stars (and their sporty cousins: male figure skaters) as role models."

 

https://theconversation.com/boys-dance-too-and-in-japan-they-are-celebrated-122533

 

Japanese version:

https://www.newsweekjapan.jp/nippon/season2/2019/09/248235_1.php

 

Although I sometimes find a nuance of stereotype viewing or prejudice against Japan in Newsweek articles, this article is the one that has tickled my little pride :laughing:

It may be true that Japanese just love BEAUTY regardless of gender things, perhaps owing to national traditional art like Kabuki, Noh, or Takarazuka Revue.

Also, I have to admit that we have a sort of patronage tendency in nature, and like to find promising talents and support them since their youth, for example, in Kabuki, Takarazuka, and even Sumo.

Anyway, figure skating is the sport that stimulates our enthusiastic mind with its discipline and art including costumes, music, performance, etc. and thank God, now we have Yuzuru Hanyu, just like Tetsuya Kumakawa in ballet.  Nothing can stop us from loving him now :happy0007:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hace 16 horas, holina said:

So beautiful :devilYuzu:

 

https://youtu.be/y1l3dtvhLto

It looks lovely indeed but... Why does the DVD include 6 different versions of Chopin but not a single Let's go Crazy performance? Yuzu, don't disrespect your best SP like this :dontdothistome:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ICeleste said:

It looks lovely indeed but... Why does the DVD include 6 different versions of Chopin but not a single Let's go Crazy performance? Yuzu, don't disrespect your best SP like this :dontdothistome:

In brief, music permissions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 15 minutos , madraykin said:

In brief, music permissions.

Oh, I didn't consider that but it makes sense. He's forgiven (lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is indeed the season of Yuzu tributes. For these young skaters, Yuzu is clearly their hero and idol.

This is a part of Yuzu's legacy, a result of all the love, heart, passion, hard work and perseverance Yuzu's put into his skating and his art. It's so touching. I'm proud to be a Yuzu fan. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Veveco said:

For those (like me) who couldn't watch jgp: another Zuzu tribute :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg:

It's quite a prolific year :softYuzu:

 

 

 

All these kids copying greatness...so cute! Though I can't believe someone else beside Yuzu actually wanted to wear boobskirt! :surprised_pikachu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madraykin said:

In brief, music permissions.

That's always going to be the problem with Prince music. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

:offtopic2:Maybe, maybe not.

This Newsweek article may be explaining why figure skating is so popular in Japan, even though it refers to figure skating as just "In Japan, the media elevates male ballet stars (and their sporty cousins: male figure skaters) as role models."

 

https://theconversation.com/boys-dance-too-and-in-japan-they-are-celebrated-122533

 

Japanese version:

https://www.newsweekjapan.jp/nippon/season2/2019/09/248235_1.php

 

Although I sometimes find a nuance of stereotype viewing or prejudice against Japan in Newsweek articles, this article is the one that has tickled my little pride :laughing:

It may be true that Japanese just love BEAUTY regardless of gender things, perhaps owing to national traditional art like Kabuki, Noh, or Takarazuka Revue.

Also, I have to admit that we have a sort of patronage tendency in nature, and like to find promising talents and support them since their youth, for example, in Kabuki, Takarazuka, and even Sumo.

Anyway, figure skating is the sport that stimulates our enthusiastic mind with its discipline and art including costumes, music, performance, etc. and thank God, now we have Yuzuru Hanyu, just like Tetsuya Kumakawa in ballet.  Nothing can stop us from loving him now :happy0007:

 

Could Japan's influence in this regard be spreading? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/canadas-national-ballet-schools-graduating-class-1.5288565

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

:offtopic2:Maybe, maybe not.

This Newsweek article may be explaining why figure skating is so popular in Japan, even though it refers to figure skating as just "In Japan, the media elevates male ballet stars (and their sporty cousins: male figure skaters) as role models."

 

https://theconversation.com/boys-dance-too-and-in-japan-they-are-celebrated-122533

 

Japanese version:

https://www.newsweekjapan.jp/nippon/season2/2019/09/248235_1.php

 

Although I sometimes find a nuance of stereotype viewing or prejudice against Japan in Newsweek articles, this article is the one that has tickled my little pride :laughing:

It may be true that Japanese just love BEAUTY regardless of gender things, perhaps owing to national traditional art like Kabuki, Noh, or Takarazuka Revue.

Also, I have to admit that we have a sort of patronage tendency in nature, and like to find promising talents and support them since their youth, for example, in Kabuki, Takarazuka, and even Sumo.

Anyway, figure skating is the sport that stimulates our enthusiastic mind with its discipline and art including costumes, music, performance, etc. and thank God, now we have Yuzuru Hanyu, just like Tetsuya Kumakawa in ballet.  Nothing can stop us from loving him now :happy0007:

 

This is very interesting and I wish we all could leran from it,even here where ballet is very popular people still thinks of male ballet dancers as not man enough.

And it's mostly about ballet because if you do ballromm dance or hip hop well then that's fine....again hopefully things will change and we'll stop to judge people like this.

 

 

slightly ot but i love the idea that male skaters are the sporty cousins LOL

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...