Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I find it hard to envision Dai making the final 6 at Japanese Nationals even, for exactly this reason. Japan has depth of talent on the men's side, too. It's maybe not going to be quite the bloodbath the women's side will be, but it won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, even without Yuzu.

I agree but I also think as long as Dai doesn't have a fall, his GOEs will be through the roof.  I kind of feel bad for Shoma since without Yuzu he is the top Japanese male and should be getting the attention.

 

In retrospect, I"m kind of glad Yuzu withdrew from JNats, so much potential happenings for the antis to use.

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

He could go to a smaller competition to pick up the minimums, though. Like Bavarian Open in February or Coup de Printemps in March if he's not going to 4CC. Looking at ISU website there's something called the "Mentor Torun Cup" in early January he could go to for both. Maybe he doesnt want to bother until he gets actually assigned to World's?

JSF won't assign a skater who doesn't have  minimum TES at the moment, at least I don't believe this because that's just not professional. Anyway I don't believe Daisuke wants to go to Worlds, if he'd want to, he would already skated internationally.

And seriously, why would you care about people that will say that double olympic champion and world record holder don't deserve to go to Worlds because he had to miss this one competition? Don't spare them a thought, be happier \o/

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

He could go to a smaller competition to pick up the minimums, though. Like Bavarian Open in February or Coup de Printemps in March if he's not going to 4CC. Looking at ISU website there's something called the "Mentor Torun Cup" in early January he could go to for both. Maybe he doesnt want to bother until he gets actually assigned to World's?

 

I think this is a bit :offtopic2:so this is my last post about it...

Spoiler

When there's a will there's a way so it all depends on how much Daisuke wants to pursue it after all. It's going to be interesting one way or another. But in the end, JSF needs to consider who is most likely to bring the best result for Japan at WC. Daisuke at his peak wouldn't had an issue being chosen but that's quite some time ago and was in pre-quads era too so the emotions and nostalgia will have to be set aside.

 

For Yuzu, with or without Daisuke or whoever, will just do his absolute best at any given competition and circumstances. For JSF to not choosing Yuzu is just not an option. Yuzu is the current WR holder as well as the ISU world standings no3 and won 2 GPs and the goose that lays golden eggs (or cash cow or whatever) for the entire FS community. Can you imagine the outrage worldwide? The pitchfork leader would be ISU and JSF will suffer the consequences in the future if they did. People making noise do not have a say in deciding who gets to go to WC and that is why they're trying to make as much noise as possible. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, SuperMin said:

 

We can and will wait for you Yuzu, take your time to heal.:hugs:

Wait.. is the Yuzu's latest announcement? Or is the same as his WD message?

I hope he can just block himself from anything that would impact his rehab. And just enjoy the Christmas without budren or Kuyashi

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Wait.. is the Yuzu's latest announcement? Or is the same as his WD message?

I hope he can just block himself from anything that would impact his rehab. And just enjoy the Christmas without budren or Kuyashi

It's day after WD on 12/14, just recent translation.

Link to comment

I wonder, maybe Dai needing minimum TES may be why they are not announcing WC and so teams at the arena this year right after nationals, or maybe it has to do with the ? with Yuzu's injury. Not sure if a date or time has been set yet for the announcement. Just a theory.

 

Setting aside WC, what's the rules for skating in WTT? Does that have TES requirements? Dai could do WTT instead of WC and I think fans and skaters would love it, especially the younger JPN skaters skating as a team with a legend. But JPN takes WTT seriously and likes to field their best team there anyway so.

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I wonder, maybe Dai needing minimum TES may be why they are not announcing WC and so teams at the arena this year right after nationals, or maybe it has to do with the ? with Yuzu's injury. Not sure if a date or time has been set yet for the announcement. Just a theory.

 

Setting aside WC, what's the rules for skating in WTT? Does that have TES requirements? Dai could do WTT instead of WC and I think fans and skaters would love it, especially the younger JPN skaters skating as a team with a legend. But JPN takes WTT seriously and likes to field their best team there anyway so.

There's no on ice announcement this year base on Nationals's schedule in October.  For sure it has nothing to do with Yuzuru's injury and I don't think its because of Dai either. Some people think it has to do with critisim to JSF when last year,  top 6 ladies had to sat in a room with their skates on and wait for the OG/WC team announcement. Wakaba said its hard for her emotionally. 

 

WTT base on World standing/points and the team need to compete at WC.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, SuperMin said:

This is kind of sad.  A groupon sale for 4CC for front row seats.  I bet they are wishing Yuzu makes a surprise show.

 

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-four-continents-figure-skating

 

I know. It's irritating. (The reduced prices, not Yuzu.)

Although actually, it's great if more people can experience seeing skating live.

I'm starting to hope Yuzu goes just to see how fast those tickets are yanked from Groupon and priced at $200 each. 

:yznotimpressed:

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tee said:

 

I miss the SE back counter 3A+2T Rippon.

I miss 4T3A already, and I've only seen it once. I'm kind of starting to hope Brezina decides to go public with that 4S3A he bragged about at Helsinki and put it in a competition program. Why do I hope this? Because moving the sport forward and raising the level of the competition is what I want to see all the time.

 

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I miss 4T3A already, and I've only seen it once. I'm kind of starting to hope Brezina decides to go public with that 4S3A he bragged about at Helsinki and put it in a competition program. Why do I hope this? Because moving the sport forward and raising the level of the competition is what I want to see all the time.

 

 

Also: to make jump sequence a normal thing and (hopefully (?)) makes ISU reconsiders its value in the score sheet it's a long shot to even hope ISU reconsiders that but hey, one can dream...

Link to comment

@Anzi he might decide to go if his rehab went really well and he wanted to put in some extra competition time on Origin.  I hope if he does go it’s because he’s totally confident that his ankle is as good as it can be - otherwise I’d rather he rested it until that is the case.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...