General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, teeannroo said:

Idk if this is the right place to ask so sorry if it's not, but does anyone know where we're allowed to discuss GS? 

There was a thread named "Let's discuss our previous home(cont'd)" but it's closed and archived now.

2 minutes ago, Emzie said:

There was a thread named "Let's discuss our previous home(cont'd)" but it's closed and archived now.

Ah yes, I remember that and was looking for it but couldn't find it, since I just found sth new I wanted to discuss but maybe I should just leave it and stop beating up a dead horse :81:

I burst out laughing when I saw the second spin! This boy is a genius! I'm so excited to see the final version. Every year I've seen his programs my jaw has dropped. He always does something I never could have dreamed of. How can he possibly get better? My mind is going to explode.

On 6/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, Dara said:

Haven't he choose actor already? Fukushi Sota.

But he may get too old to play Yuzu in 10 years.

HAHAHAHAHA.

That just solved the mystery of why the Yuzu in hakama photo sneaked into me and made me give up ignoring him. I LOVE(d?) Fukushi Sota, and i was tweeting about how much i liked him (shh!). Then i tweeted "i have a soft spot (LOL CAN YOU SAY UNDERSTATEMENT) for Yuzuru Hanyu in hakama". THEN THE PHOTO APPEARED ON MY NEXT FUKUSHI SOTA IMAGE SEARCH AND...

And now here i am :P your friendly neighborhood Hydroblade :rofl:

Just now, teeannroo said:

Ah yes, I remember that and was looking for it but couldn't find it, since I juts found sth new I wanted to discuss but maybe I should just leave it and stop beating up a dead horse :81:

Is it abt memberships on GS? It's better to leave that place in the past and enjoy what is now :snpeace:

1 minute ago, Emzie said:

Is it abt memberships on GS? It's better to leave that place in the past and enjoy what is now :snpeace:

maybe...- I went there since I often go to archives to read old competitions and see peoples' reactions and stuff but I couldn't find the archives area...and then I saw the announcement.

But yes I totally agree Planet Hanyu is such a great place :space:

On 6/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, Dara said:

Hasn't he choose actor already? Fukushi Sota.

But he may get too old to play Yuzu in 10 years .

Ehmm I was about to reply Hydro that since Yuzu made his acting debut already and in 10 years he could you know improve his acting, he may act in the movie himself. Also, we all know how this guy doesn't age at a normal human being's rate, so with make up and CG, 32 yo Yuzu could still act as the 19 yo Yuzu or even worse maybe 15 yo Yuzu :rofl:

Bc idk if an actor can do him justice especially on the ice :10636614:

2 hours ago, b138oo said:

Thank u so much for this!!! The YouTube one is blocked for me too :slinkaway:

wow this is so beautiful :sadPooh:

the 1st spin somehow doesn't feel awkward anymore and the hand movements suddenly hit all the right notes. I wonder if this is the magic of a clean performance, when every single thing suddenly feels right on its place :loveeyes:

On the other hand, he doesn't have the gorgeous arm raising movement he had in the broadcast version in his sit spin (second spin). He didn't seem to raise it as high in this version and I'm sad because I loved that detail!

Edit: Camera angles on the Asahi version were at times worse than the cam version we got. Geesh. 

11 minutes ago, xeyra said:

On the other hand, he doesn't have the gorgeous arm raising movement he had in the broadcast version in his sit spin (second spin). He didn't seem to raise it as high in this version and I'm sad because I loved that detail!

I have this impression that his spins' arm movements are free style. Like yeah he knows he should put arm movements there to make the program more beautiful, but his arm movements are rarely the exact same movements from performance to performance, no? It looks like it depends on how he feels that day :confused:

16 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Edit: Camera angles on the Asahi version were at times worse than the cam version we got. Geesh. 

YES.

like I love Yuzu and his face but I'd prefer to see his legs since he's, you know, doing a skating performance.

7 minutes ago, b138oo said:

I have this impression that his spins' arm movements are free style. Like yeah he knows he should put arm movements there to make the program more beautiful, but his arm movements are rarely the exact same movements from performance to performance, no? It looks like it depends on how he feels that day :confused:

He's improvising at an ice show on what looks like quite a small rink?  He'll probably ring the changes before going back to Toronto to finalise it ?

There's only 1 camera on Day 3 since they already recorded the broadcast version the day before. For TV camera, sometime its more limited than normal cam because they need specific angel/place, they can't put it wherever they want.  At least Asahi TV still kind enough to release it :biggrin:  

25 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This is a bit OT here, but some angles in the official broadcast annoyed even me. Like when in Choo Choo Train, Jeff and Javi were skating together and they were filming Nakanishi and a whole lot of empty rink instead of the two World Champions skating :headdesk: And they don't even have the excuse of a live broadcast... Hoping the next one will be better...