General Yuzuru Chat

I think the choice of Chopin is obvious, in the end. Let's try and put it in bullet points.

• Not having a clean SP all of last season started to weigh on him to the point he was starting to have 'negative thoughts on the SP';
  • The all edge jumps in the SP experience didn't turn out so well, so in order to be able to maintain the 4Lo in the SP (as intended or as backup in case he can't get the 4Lz consistent enough in the SP), the combo of doom 4S-3T needs to be ditched;
  • 4T-3T needs to be in the second half in order not to be a downgrade in BV, though;
  • The current LGC music cut likely does not allow for that change. It wasn't created with the idea of two jumps in the second half;
  • A new music choice for a SP, with a new layout and choreography, is likely something that might give him as much trouble as LGC did, regardless of whether he got rid of the 4S-3T. 
  • He may want to train the 4Lz to replace the 4Lo, for which might be best to have some familiarity with a layout and, as seen above, LGC was not really made with the idea of two jump passes in the second half;
  • Chopin was, though. Chopin 1.0 had 4T and 3Lz-3T in the second half in its original layout. But he only ever did try that layout 3 times, if I'm not mistaken (CoC 2014, ACI 2015, SC 2015);
  • He recycled his SP before for Sochi, in order to focus on his LP and tech and to retain a familiar SP that might give him an advantage.

ERGO

• Go for Chopin.
hace 6 minutos , xeyra said:

I think the choice of Chopin is obvious, in the end. Let's try and put it in bullet points.

• Not having a clean SP all of last season started to weigh on him to the point he was starting to have 'negative thoughts on the SP';
  • The all edge jumps in the SP experience didn't turn out so well, so in order to be able to maintain the 4Lo in the SP (as intended or as backup in case he can't get the 4Lz consistent enough in the SP, the combo of doom 4S-3T needs to be ditched;
  • 4T-3T needs to be in the second half in order not to be a downgrade in BV, though;
  • The current LGC music cut likely does not allow for that change. It wasn't created with the idea of two jumps in the second half;
  • A new music choice for a SP, with a new layout and choreography, is likely something that might give him as much trouble as LGC did, regardless of whether he got rid of the 4S-3T. 
  • He may want to train the 4Lz to replace the 4Lo, for which might be best to have some familiarity with a layout and, as seen above, LGC was not really made with the idea of two jump passes in the second half;
  • Chopin was, though. Chopin 1.0 had 4T and 3Lz-3T in the second half in its original layout. But he only ever did try that layout 3 times, if I'm not mistaken (CoC 2014, ACI 2015, SK 2015);

ERGO

• Go for Chopin.

Add to this the fact he now wants to do a better Chopin. 

Just like Brian said, this season is preparation for Olympics, if something's good, keep it and polish for next season, if its not, there's still plenty of time to change it . If he feel all edge jumps or 4S3T didn't work, its better to go back to good friend 4T3T. The most important thing is he need to skate to a program that he feel comfortable with. There's no doubt he love Ballade music and the program itself, so yeah go for it. I watched Ballade 3.0 again and I feel he skate with more emotion, especially the way he throw himself into the step sequence. I'm looking forward to see how he improve this program in next season. :smile:

I'm so glad he chopin ballade is here to stay! This way even when he's in distress he could still give decent performance (still amazed he could skate it injured). Reduce my stress a bit lol.

I hope he will achieve the clean streak that he has always wanted next season!

40 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Caught this on twitter and was wondering when did this happen and who is the guy in the checkered shirt? I know the others are Javi and Oda, yes?

Ice show in Beppu in 2014, the other guy was Tomas Verner.

37 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

Thomas Verner?

3 minutes ago, Dara said:

Ice show in Beppu in 2014, the other guy was Tomas Verner.

Thank you both. Which Ice Show was it, you remember?