General Yuzuru Chat

On 6/2/2017 at 7:28 PM, b138oo said:

:offtopic2:https://kichessarjilian.tumblr.com/post/161355046264/looking-at-this-photo-is-the-image-of-yuzu-in

so according to this, it looks like the Sendai monument is a real life size of Yuzu? Can someone who lives in Sendai do us a favor by solving the mystery of his height then?? :sign0009::snonegai::xD:

:laughing: this was just me musing about his height. Seeing him stand next to it, it does almost look life-size (the Xylitol newspaper spread wasn't). Probably the only life-size replica is that Madame Tussaud wax figure.

10 minutes ago, kiches said:

:laughing: this was just me musing about his height. Seeing him stand next to it, it does almost look life-size (the Xylitol newspaper spread wasn't). Probably the only life-size replica is that Madame Tussaud wax figure.

Man that wax figure looks like a nightmare. It would give PTSD for his fans and also unethical to ask a favor to measure that terror inducing figure. I accept that 175 cm approximation. 5'9" sounds nice :acceptable:

1 hour ago, b138oo said:

Man that wax figure looks like a nightmare. It would give PTSD for his fans and also unethical to ask a favor to measure that terror inducing figure. I accept that 175 cm approximation. 5'9" sounds nice :acceptable:

LOL I think the wax figure gets a bad rap, it's really not that bad :laughing:.  The only thing is, it's on a raised platform and he's not standing straight so even still it's hard to tell. I'm 5'7 (170 cm) and I had to look up at the figure quite a bit.  

5 hours ago, obscurite said:

Just caught up with the thread (the clean Chopin in HD!!! now the emotions are in HD :cry:) and I don't know how many times this has been said already but I also LOVE the spread eagle during the step sequence. I'd noticed it in the fancam before but seeing it now in HD really brings out how impactful it is! Honestly, I'm still not a fan of the timing of the first spin? I just miss the choreography he used to do after the first jump; I still think steps better suit the music there, but he might just be trying things out? Maybe he doesn't want too similar of a program to 2015-16... but the spin itself is beautiful with the arm flourishes :smiley-love017: He's always so attuned to the music, it's incredible. I can't wait to see how this further develops through the season!! 

It was really nice to see it clean. Regarding choreo and transitions I'm sure he will add a lot of things (hasn't had time to work with Jeff yet right?), also the ice rink seems quite small to me? Which I'm sure makes it harder to do more transitions. 

Agree with the spin though, it still feels awkward to the music and honestly - unpopular opinion - but I'm not completely sold on the combination timing-wise. Yes it is absolutely beautiful with the landing of the second jump + arm movements to the music but leading up to it and when he takes off - I dunno but I don't really think it worked with the music. Hopefully though, it will get better :agree: I'm all for him doing Chopin again, I just don't want him to compromise on it artistically for the sake of getting the jump order to work... But this is Yuzuru and I think all his programs have been great when it comes to the connection between skating and music so I'm going to stay positive even though I find the program a bit jarring at this stage, probably due to it being very difficult not to compare it with Worlds16, GPF15 and NHK15, gotta have faith ;) I guess. The 3A was beautiful!

Hoping his spread-eagle-4Lo-spread-eagle will become at least as good as the one at worlds :biggrin:

8 hours ago, b138oo said:

Ehmm I was about to reply Hydro that since Yuzu made his acting debut already and in 10 years he could you know improve his acting, he may act in the movie himself. Also, we all know how this guy doesn't age at a normal human being's rate, so with make up and CG, 32 yo Yuzu could still act as the 19 yo Yuzu or even worse maybe 15 yo Yuzu :rofl:

Bc idk if an actor can do him justice especially on the ice :10636614:

The only way an autobiographical movie would work for me is if Yuzu starred in it himself and did his own skating. He is the only one that would be able to capture the look, character and charisma that is Yuzuru Hanyu, not to mention the skating. If he made the movie after the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics, he could probably still play his 15-year-old self! (Without CG or makeup!)

9 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

The only way an autobiographical movie would work for me is if Yuzu starred in it himself and did his own skating. He is the only one that would be able to capture the look, character and charisma that is Yuzuru Hanyu, not to mention the skating. If he made the movie after the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics, he could probably still play his 15-year-old self! (Without CG or makeup!)

I'd be for an animated movie if only Miyazaki could direct. His specialty is animating flight and that's exactly what Yuzu looks like he's doing. Don't forget a Joe Hisaishi soundtrack. (I regard the three people in this paragraph to be of equal genius, though we haven't seen the best of Yuzu yet.)

12 hours ago, JobsCK said:

I just watched the whole thing now. Simply gorgeous. In the beginning, it looked like he hadn't completely let himself go yet as I could see his determination to land the 4Lo but after the 4Lo into his spread eagles you can see him finally luxuriating in the music. BTW, his rock to the right and his skates leaving the ice in his 4Lo? Both right on the music. :bow:

Love the music you love, Yuzu and love it unashamedly. :loveshower: You're the one who will need to listen to it at least 10x a day for the 3rd year! :laughing:

24 minutes ago, Étudeesque said:

It was really nice to see it clean. Regarding choreo and transitions I'm sure he will add a lot of things (hasn't had time to work with Jeff yet right?), also the ice rink seems quite small to me? Which I'm sure makes it harder to do more transitions. 

Agree with the spin though, it still feels awkward to the music and honestly - unpopular opinion - but I'm not completely sold on the combination timing-wise. Yes it is absolutely beautiful with the landing of the second jump + arm movements to the music but leading up to it and when he takes off - I dunno but I don't really think it worked with the music.

On the entrance to the first spin, I think Yuzu is overestimating the quality of the sound system. If you listen closely, you can hear a soft low note repeated 3 times which matches the repetition of his 3 toepicks on the ice generated from the same swinging leg movement to enter into the spin.

On the combination, the entrance works beautifully I think. Don't look at his upper body. He's not using it much at this point. Look at his knees and his feet. He perfectly matches the bending of his knees and the stroking of his skates with the most emphasized notes including one lovely nuance where he raises left foot slightly into coupe on the note before entering the turn into the 4T. You'll be able to see it better in competition with all the lights on and the contrast between his black skates/pants and the ice.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'd be for an animated movie if only Miyazaki could direct. His specialty is animating flight and that's exactly what Yuzu looks like he's doing. Don't forget a Joe Hisaishi soundtrack. (I regard the three people in this paragraph to be of equal genius, though we haven't seen the best of Yuzu yet.)

Ehm I tried watching YOI skating scene on YouTube and I wasn't sold at all. I think they need to have a final fantasy 3D animation style in order to capture the skating skills especially edges. Those edges, for me, are the main reason figure skating looks so beautiful.

I am in tho for a Joe Hisaishi soundtrack  :agree:

53 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Ehm I tried watching YOI skating scene on YouTube and I wasn't sold at all. I think they need to have a final fantasy 3D animation style in order to capture the skating skills especially edges. Those edges, for me, are the main reason figure skating looks so beautiful.

I am in tho for a Joe Hisaishi soundtrack  :agree:

I don't think you can compare the master to cheap, low frame, amateurish TV animation (apologies for the harsh critique - I've only seen short clips - but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would try to animate something as complicated as figure skating on a television budget. O_O) Have a look at Miyazaki's flight sequences, or even just the trailer for Spirited Away. He's the only person who could do it justice. 

Though it will never, ever happen. v_v

:7938863:https://t.co/aTgPJiyAEz

:7938863:http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/local/news/article.php?comment_id=346794&comment_sub_id=0&category_id=112

:img_21: A public relations magazine published by Etajima City:img_21:

(Hiroshima Prefecture).

What to do with Yuzu is that the garlands for the

Gold Medalists at the 2017 World Team Thropy was

made by the people there.

The land itself is known for the products of olive but

not really well-known throughout the country.

The city announced that Yuzu really put their city on the

map because of his popularity.

It was reported in their local newspaper as well that so

many phone calls rang from Yuzu's fans all over the

country to ask for this magazine :laughing:

Yes, a youth full of vigor as well as achievements like 

:space: brings vitality to everywhere.  Banzai  :clap:

:img_21:Another text book for kids to learn English in Japan.
---------------------------------------------------
Next, look at the Birthday List of famous sport players, 
entertainers, etc., then fill in the blank with a proper
English word by following the example.
Example: :space:Yuzuru Hanyu   12/7 :  December seventh
1)  Haruki   Murakami                   1/12    :  January ___________
2)  Masaharu Fukuyama               2/6      :  February __________
3)  Lady     Gaga                           3/28    :  March ____________
4)  Albert   Einstein                       3/14    :  March ____________

5)  Kei       Nishikori                    12/29    :  December_________

https://t.co/bOqrLvMl6g

"It's written: Yuzu's birthday  is  on my daughter's textbook."

---------------------------------------------------

To learn sth this way is much more fun, isn't it?

Quite a good appeal to students! Don't you think so?  :thankyou: