General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Thank you @gladi:img_20:

Perhaps that's why the costume is blue (ice) where he sees his reflection in daily practice rather than autumn colours.

Love how all his programs are very meaningful, and well thought out! Such an artist!

3 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Love how all his programs are very meaningful, and well thought out! Such an artist!

Starting with Seimei in 2015 - 2016 season, almost all his programs, competitonal or EXs had a meaning! That´s why I didn´t believed even for a minute that he will choose a warhorse this season.  And he didn't let as down. Both Otonal and Origin are 2 masterpieces! Best programs in the field,  men and women, IMO! :8430721:

43 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Starting with Seimei in 2015 - 2016 season, almost all his programs, competitonal or EXs had a meaning! That´s why I didn´t believed even for a minute that he will choose a warhorse this season.  And he didn't let as down. Both Otonal and Origin are 2 masterpieces! Best programs in the field,  men and women, IMO! :8430721:

I agree. His programs have the best music cuts and choreo! another season where Yuzu becomes the center of attention in Figure Skating yes!!!:knc_brian1:

28 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Is it really only a month to Helsinki? So close and yet so far! I cannot wait to see how he's developed both Otonal and Origin. 

I'm just thinking about the kuyashii he felt after SC in 2015 and then he gave us iconic NHK 2015. And then again with the kuyashii after 4CC 2017 and we got Worlds 2017. I really want to see his vision of what he wants his programs to be like come to life rather than scores tbqh. but i also want him to get gold and break records :headdesk:

2 minutes ago, Tee said:

I'm just thinking about the kuyashii he felt after SC in 2015 and then he gave us iconic NHK 2015. And then again with the kuyashii after 4CC 2017 and we got Worlds 2017. I really want to see his vision of what he wants his programs to be like come to life rather than scores tbqh. but i also want him to get gold and break records :headdesk:

It's okay, it looks like he's decided he wants both - to skate his programmes to bring his ideal vision to life, and to win everything and break everything. :laughing: Last year, after ACI silver, he gave us the 4Lz. :P 

36 minutes ago, Tee said:

Don’t worry if he skate as he wanted and can show what he wants to show he sure will break records because as said “nobody can top a perfect yuzuru hanyu”

:winky:

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

but i also want him to get gold and break records

Gold is meaningful but breaking records is not, not when right now there are no records to be broken since we're under a new scoring system.  For this season and next, also, records are by and large irrelevant.  You need a span of time for records to acquire real significance.  This, season, for instance, every time a skater scores higher than any other so far this season, he is breaking a record.  By Beijing time we can start talking about records with real significance and speculate on how long Yuzu will hold the record book with the new system (I genuinely expect him to dominate this record book in the same way he dominated the last one). 

As far as gold is concerned, I think that Yuzu's intentions are to start up again his string of GPF victories, recapture his Japanese championship, finally get gold at 4CC and then nail the season with a gold at Worlds.  Whether those intentions are fulfilled is one of the great questions of this season since we all know that Yuzu generally skates so close to the edge that we can't assume he'll emerge unscathed.  That's one of the reasons we so like him.  We can NEVER assume he'll win even though the odds might seem overwhelmingly in his favor.  Yuzu's biggest opponent is himself and generally when he's missed gold it's because he didn't skate clean while somebody else did.

1 hour ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Tell me about it! I’ve started a countdown on my phone :dancingpooh:

Glad I'm not the only one.  We will probably get one on the home page too nearer the time.  Anticipation is killing me!!!! :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

Wonder if they broadcast Helsinki GP... ForJoyTV (former FujiTV) no longer accepts new user registration (for the time being not sure if they ever start again...) so if JPN TV broadcast the Helsinki GP, I won't be able to watch it  :headdesk:

Does anyone know if they have live stream like ACI??