General Yuzuru Chat

18 hours ago, cherry said:

Yuzu is an inspiration to everyone indeed. He always motivates me to work hard :)

Yuzu is my inspiration too!  Whenever I'm exhausted and feel lazy in my gym class especially on my biceps track or lunge track, I think of how he skated with the sprained ankle or how he overcomes his many physical challenges ( asthma, stamina...) and push myself to finish the track! 

3 時間前, misheyxxxooo said:

Didn't Nanami Abe also coach Arakawa Shizuka early on in her career?

You're right. I recall that now. Any idea if she coached her all the way to the competitive level where the coaches lurk rinkside?

3 時間前, misheyxxxooo said:

With Orser, maybe it's his team, maybe it's a massive fluke, maybe it's the athletes that come looking for him. But with Yuna, then Javi, then Yuzu it is clear that he knows how to nurture already-there talent and potential. He knows how to improve upon already great jumps and skaters to make them a whole other level of great (we are called PLANET Hanyu for a reason). It will be interesting to see how his more junior skaters fare.

Oh! Sorry. I might've misled you with my phrasing. Here's what I meant to have said: He's probably a bit of a fluke even for good ol' Orser, too.

https://t.co/OiCY5cI18z

Here we go: " During '2015 Dreams on Ice', Yuzu (the Olympic

Champion) helped staffs to resurface the ice. As usual,

nothing has changed for him to express his gratitude to the ice

as well as his tender/kind heart towards anyone.

Whenever I catch a glimpse of him, I feel I'm so happy and

at the same time fortunate to be his fan.

And what's that!?

.....the whiteness of his arms just dazzled my eyes ! "

:smiley-love017:  That's his nature:8232307:

How dare 'someone' say that :space: is arrogant. :facepalm: 

14 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh! Sorry. I might've misled you with my phrasing. Here's what I meant to have said: He's probably a bit of a fluke even for good ol' Orser, too.

I also get the impression that Orser actually learned a lot from Yuzuru strategy wise. In his documentaries you see his notes and how much he studies everything.

But yeah.. it's funny how circumstances in his life has shaped him.

From being born in a family that nurtures but at the same time gives independence to their kids.

Having asthma and trying to overcome.

Getting a strict first coach that taught him discipline and good jump foundation.

Losing his rink the first time and having seen Shizuka use her status as OGM to help reopen the rink.

Nanami Abe's guidance “Do not forget the beginner’s mind”.

The Tohoku earthquake.

Worlds 2012.

Choosing to go to Orser.

The season leading up to Sochi and then winning the gold medal but not as he wanted it.

COC 2014. (and that whole damn season to tbh)

Boston 2016.

And he always rises above and gets stronger. And.... I'm making myself emotional now... hahaha :68811859:

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I also get the impression that Orser actually learned a lot from Yuzuru strategy wise. In his documentaries you see his notes and how much he studies everything.

From being born in a family that nurtures but at the same time gives independence to their kids.

Getting a strict first coach that taught him discipline and good jump foundation.

Losing his rink the first time and having seen Shizuka use her status as OGM to help reopen the rink.

The Tohoku earthquake.

Worlds 2012.

Choosing to go to Orser.

The season leading up to Sochi and then winning the gold medal but not as he wanted it.

Boston 2016.

And he always rises above and gets stronger. And.... I'm making myself emotional now... hahaha :68811859:

:heart:

25 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

The Tohoku earthquake.

Worlds 2012.

Choosing to go to Orser.

Boston 2016.

If they turn his life into a TV series, it would be one of those 100 eps Korean weekend makjang drama or telenovela type seriously. How come a person went through so much and he's only 23 y.o. 

It's amazing how he overcame each of the challenge tho :bow:

3 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Is it just me or did the banner become grainy? Also, can anyone else see my ava? 

Can't see your ava, banner is fine for me but I've read someone else complain about the banner being grainy... A few hiccups while we prepare for the next broadcast :P

Another athlete who said something nice about Yuzu.

The 2016 World Junior Table-Tennis Champion, 

Tomokazu HARIMOTO (born 27.6.2003) from Sendai

(Currently, living in Tokyo). He's a Japanese with 

Chinese parents, former table-tennis players.

His dad is also his coach even now. One of the 

promising athletes who is much talked about by now.

In fact, he's now participating in World Table-Tennis

Championships held in Germany ( 29.5~5.6.2017) 

at the age of 13 !

"The athlete I look up to the most is Yuzuru Hanyu."

https://t.co/bRj7yq7L2f

His close-up picture, for an idea.

https://t.co/3qLJ04a57z

His gesture like this when he's satisfied with his play 

has become a topic of conversation.

https://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/realtime/RV=1/RE=1496451203/RH=b3JkLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpw/RB=/RU=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL1p3TVNGNEtUWkY-/RS=^ADBVJn7jGRyYLdqnrZSBwkRqiQVjPE-;_ylt=A2RCL6EDtzBZ8DsA0Tpol_p7;_ylu=X3oDMTJjcGRmNTRvBHBvcwM0BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdHdsdXJsBHR3aWQDODcwNDIzNzg2MTI1ODc3MjQ5BHR3dWlkAzI4NjE4NDQ3MjYEdnRpZANqcGMwMDY-

Edit:Just knew a couple of minutes ago that this kid 

had just beaten Mr.Mizutani, the bronze medalist of Rio 2016 Olympics!

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20170601-00010011-theanswer-spo