General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Xen said:

Hmm, actually, I do wonder about his LP layout that he announced. We don't have the full music cut yet, but I'd almost say:

4A 4T 3Lo //4S 4T3T 3ALo3S 3A2T for his 7 jumping passes if he brings out Nessie in the long, 4 quad passes total, first half still have 3 jumps, second half done in a way that matches the jump patterns of his past competitions. 

I think there is a jump combination 4lo-1lo-3t? Anyway it's a 4-1-3

4 minutes ago, Anzi said:

I think there is a jump combination 4lo-1lo-3t? Anyway it's a 4-1-3

Yep, I used 3A-1Lo-3S because IMO it might net more GOEs than his 4T-1Lo-3S. Considering the quality of his 3As and what it usually nets, it makes sense to me to add those into the bonus section, especially if he's tired. I still suspect that 3F will make an appearance in the layout if his ankle allows it, simply because it's just muscle memory by now, and he could probably insert it into any program without thinking too hard about entry steps and rhythms. 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Wonder who the Top 8 are. 

I believe this is the top 10 ranking.

https://televi.tokyo/rikukaikurussia180901

10. Komaki Kurihara 栗原小巻 15 votes - actress who starred in Russia-Japan co-produced movie.

9. Yuzuru Hanyu 羽生結弦 17 votes - He has 15,000+ fan club members in Russia

8. Hideo Kojima 小島秀夫18 votes – game creator

7. Kobo Abe 安部公房 20 votes – Novelist. “The Woman in the Dunes” is very popular in Russia

6. Takashi Murakami 村上隆 24 votes – contemporary artist

5. Naoko Takeuchi 武内直子28 votes – manga artist, creator of Sailor Moon

4. Keisuke Hona 本田圭佑 37 votes – Pro soccer player who once played for a Russian Team

3. Takeshi Kitano 北野武 44 votes – Movie director. In 2008, at the 30th Moscow International Film Festival,  was given the Lifetime Achievement Award.[

2 Haruki Murakami 村上春樹 101 votes – Novelist. 26 of his works have been translated into Russian

1 Hayao Miyazaki 宮崎駿 122 votes – anime creator/director/producer. Among his works “The Wind Rises”is the most popular in Russia.

Been terribly busy so I didn't get to squeal in the internet about Yuzu's new programs. I'm waiting to see the whole programs to express my opinion on them but I'm pretty sure I'll love them, if not at first then eventually. I'm just so so happy to hear from him. So excited for ACI, first pancake or not, I just want to see him skate again. 

I've read the articles shared, and I'm wondering if I missed something. Both articles from Shimbun and NBC said Yuzu is aiming to be the first skater to land quad axel. But didn't Yuzu specifically said that even if he's not the first person to do so? 

In other news, I was watching day 3 of H&F and noticed this scene:

GSuzbUn.png 

Are those standing by the side, Wakaba, Plushenko, and Evgenia? 

5 hours ago, cirelle said:

I uh don’t think Jack watched last year’s ACI. 

3 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

And  missed the memo about the new scoring. And throwing away one jump pass. And Yuzu not doing a Lz or Flip.

Honestly, because of the unpredictability and rule changes, him casually throwing those numbers out there annoyed me. With that pressure it's not even hype. :thumbsdown: