General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Some, I'm sure very well meaning and sincere, satellites I feel have a tendency to extrapolate a little too much what Yuzu's actions and words mean. We are not him. We do not speak for him.

This has pretty much been the main reason behind most of the, albeit mild as of late, overzealousness. Worry about him losing friends over fans reactions in other skaters' SNS, reading too much between the lines when he commented on using SEIMEI for PC (this is me and I think it was @WinForPooh who knocked some sense back into me😅), speculating what his interactions and/or lack of interactions with active and retired skaters must mean, extending his comment on image training to mean he would need so and so to train with him to get better at something, etc., etc., and now this.

I mean, the tendency is unavoidable, perhaps. We so ardently love Zu, it comes with the territory. We kinda treat him like how we wanted to be treated, we projected unto him how we would feel, react, think if we were on his shoes. We need to be reminded often, that we are not Zu, Zu is not us. Hence, I suppose it's a good thing we have the Planet where when one or some of us set our beard on fire (a saying that probably only makes sense in Bahasa Indonesia, but 😅), there are others who would put it off, given that we actually let them.:biggrin:

9 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

This has pretty much been the main reason behind most of the, albeit mild as of late, overzealousness. Worry about him losing friends over fans reactions in other skaters' SNS, reading too much between the lines when he commented on using SEIMEI for PC (this is me and I think it was @WinForPooh who knocked some sense back into me😅), speculating what his interactions and/or lack of interactions with active and retired skaters must mean, extending his comment on image training to mean he would need so and so to train with him to get better at something, etc., etc., and now this.

I mean, the tendency is unavoidable, perhaps. We so ardently love Zu, it comes with the territory. We kinda treat him like how we wanted to be treated, we projected unto him how we would feel, react, think if we were on his shoes. We need to be reminded often, that we are not Zu, Zu is not us. Hence, I suppose it's a good thing we have the Planet where when one or some of us set our beard on fire (a saying that probably only makes sense in Bahasa Indonesia, but 😅), there are others who would put it off, given that we actually let them.:biggrin:

Oh... I'm sorry if I was mean! I really am! I can be an idiot sometimes! (The 'sometimes' part is questionable.) (Also I srsly don't remember it, sorry about that too!)

37 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Personally, I think discussing what he might have meant, debating some of the other things you mentioned or even speculating - to some extent - as long as each of these is done respectfully, is fine. We all tend to lean towards one belief or the other, which is natural. The problem is when we dig our heels in, get stubborn and act as if we know the absolute truth (which I'm sure I've done at times, too lol) as if we could read his mind. That's why it's important, I believe, to remember we're not him and that we're as likely to be wrong as we are likely to be right. But I for one am not opposed to discussions and sharing of opinions, impressions and perspectives as long as we keep that in mind :)

Oh I love this hashtag. I think a part of Yuzu's charm is the variety of characters he portraits on & off ice.

One minute he's an adorable sweet little fairy of ice and next minute he's a fierce deity of blizzard.

Either way I'm dead already...:13877886:

23 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Personally, I think discussing what he might have meant, debating some of the other things you mentioned or even speculating - to some extent - as long as each of these is done respectfully, is fine. We all tend to lean towards one belief or the other, which is natural. The problem is when we dig our heels in, get stubborn and act as if we know the absolute truth (which I'm sure I've done at times, too lol) as if we could read his mind. That's why it's important, I believe, to remember we're not him and that we're as likely to be wrong as we are likely to be right. But I for one am not opposed to discussions and sharing of opinions, impressions and perspectives as long as we keep that in mind :)

I agree.

Some people might have had similar experiences so they can have a better insight, but still every person is different and while some things don't change much from person to person, there is only one truth and it's one that he will never reveal to the public (which is totally fine, as it something very personal. The fact that he talks about it is amazing because it shows how strong he's become).

Because we all have different perspectives, i think it's useless to try and speak about it as if it was the truth, however it can help us understand him a bit more, even if it's just to "get" the complexity and difficulty of the situation. Things like that can help people remember that he's human and his strength, determination and intelligence don't make him exempt of feeling just like any other average person.

21 時間前, Old Cat Ladyさんが言いました:

I just watched the medal ceremony/press conference for this competition.  It's good to see him smiling here.  I was thinking that he looked more miserable than I've ever seen him.  It's weird - he seemed to take the loss at 2015 worlds in good spirits, but he seemed absolutely crushed by this loss.  Wasn't sure if he was feeling depressed from his injury and was already worried that it might be his last competition, or if it was the idea of losing 2 years in a row, or if it's the idea of losing such a big lead, or if he was so outstanding earlier in the season that it was a harder fall when he skated poorly.

p.s. sorry for consecutive posts. can't figure out how to edit to include this quote

I'm guessing in the context of the kind of season he had back in 14-15, winning a silver at WC was almost as good as a gold. But he was on a roll in the 15-16 season so the fall from the top was from a much higher place and as such had gotta hurt a lot more. He was also in a pretty bad mental place. The clean SP he delivered despite that and massive lead he had gained from that but then lost in its entirety must have been a painful blow and shocking eye-opener personally so I'm guessing that made the loss even tougher to swallow. And then you add the uncertainty of whether or not his career would be ending right after that comp...it's a miracle he managed to hold up all night and then switch gears to properly enjoy the gala. He did a half-hour interview the day after that was pretty revealing but I'm not sure if it's ever been translated.

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

when one or some of us set our beard on fire (a saying that probably only makes sense in Bahasa Indonesia, but 😅)

I love this so much! I wonder if I can spread it here. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh good! Now I'm debating spamming you here to get you to reply because your sig is gorgeous but that might get me banned. :laughing:  i can't believe I already have Yuzu withdrawal.

Sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Also, please bring back your old twirly swag sig. I miss it so much.

34 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Oh I love this hashtag. I think a part of Yuzu's charm is the variety of characters he portraits on & off ice.

One minute he's an adorable sweet little fairy of ice and next minute he's a fierce deity of blizzard.

Either way I'm dead already...:13877886:

:10742290: