General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Also, I think the 命を懸ける part was part play on words and part detailing 一生懸命 because of the use of the same words/kanji. He often does these kind of puns or plays on words, and I think it's another proof that he didn't mean it literally. Since 一生懸命 is more commonly used - although not to e used/taken lightly either. I think, at least ^_^;

Yes, I think you're right; he plays on words. Also, yes, 一生懸命 is the word we use daily.

My impression is that he presented a very familiar word, but by emphasizing the true meaning of the word, he showed us how much he determined.

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Well, was it more coincedence though? The event in CoC wasn't exactly as he intended, but I think the entire "die or die trying" really only came into play 2015/2016, which is a season after. But he's learned after risking his career, and I think his idea that he's not even at 100% of his full potential will hopefully prevent him from going too hard on his body.

Were you a Yuzu fan back then?  Now we know that he didn't have concussion, but at that time, when he was about to skate his free, I didn't know how serious his injury was or if he had concussion. I was afraid he would literally risk his life by skating. My heart was full of fear and despair while watching his 4 mintues and 30 seconds. I couldn't sleep at all that night so I went to read many fan blogs and everybody talked about that phrase "命を削って" being not literal...

Come to think of it, COC 2014 is very traumatic for me and that's why his words made me a bit nervous. As I wrote the above, Yuzu just plays on words, so nothing to worry about.

15 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

IT STARTS AT 12 FOR ME! I FINISH CLASS AT 12.30! I HAVE TO RUSH HOME TO SEE YUZU IN TIME BUT THE BUS BETTER COME EARLY OR I'LL HAVE TO WATCH IT ON MY PHONE :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I'm already considering skipping the last lecture so I don't miss anything so much for being a good student this semester  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp:

1 minute ago, Floria said:

SP starting order at GP series events is according to worlds standings or random? I don't remember how it was last year.

According to world standings. As reflected in my CoR participants description - those are going to be the two groups

Just now, Fay said:

According to world standings. As reflected in my CoR participants description - those are going to be the two groups

So yuzu will skate last? Pls pls pls pls so that I'll be able to watch him. If it wasn't for a group work then I would've just skipped the class :peekapooh:

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

So yuzu will skate last? Pls pls pls pls so that I'll be able to watch him. If it wasn't for a group work then I would've just skipped the class :peekapooh:

He'll skate last. They went back to the old formula for the GP events. 

This is why I prefer staying awake during the night rather than having to give up normal life because of Yuzu :laughing:

But I mean, remembering how happy I was after ACI's SP... I wouldn't swap that moment with anything else honestly, so I'm not putting anything else before it. But I'm lucky because my classmates can record the uni lessons for me :rofl: