General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Thank you! :10742289:

I'm preparing my heart for never recovering from seeing the Overlord live :laughing: But I know there'll be no regrets, I will only regret if I had never gone to see him at least once. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Wow that's nice to hear! Those swans must bring luck to everyone, I'm sure! Yuzu's name does wonders in the FS community, doesn't it? :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

@Hydroblade @yuzuangel Would it be alright for me to have some of those swans as well? :snonegai:They're so beautiful! I'd like to spread them all over at NHK too, if you don't mind :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Of course!! I will PM you too when I get a chance :biggrin:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Interview from the holy grail of photos (Sportiva). Thank you @gladi:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

DLkvOrRV4AEayoh.jpg:large

@gladi: again, thank you for the translation! More tuna cupcakes incoming! ( can send normal ones if you want)

I'm not surprised by his decision to use Seimei-the combination of Chopin and Seimei is what defines Yuzuru anyways. A blend of the emotionalism allowed in Western art forms (chopin), and the meditative purposeful thinking art style of the Eastern art forms (Seimei). Even if he went with new programs, I guess deep in my heart I would have wanted him to go for a east-west combo anyways. 

Caption from google translate: I'm looking forward to this "battle of men surrounding Hanyu". :10814716:

So, a photographer battle between Sunao Noto, Shinichi Yamaguchi, and dunno who the first guy is...

So now we know what Sunao Noto looks like?  I am pretty sure he was in the volunteer food area at some point at ACI. Now we know who to look for next year at ACI to hand a gift to. Is the first guy Tanaka?

Article by Yutaka Nagakubo, photographer (who is called "not-coach Nagakubo-san"  :P )

Just beautifully standing - a day digging up ACI photos

He found this one from the photos taken by his colleague photographer, 小海途良幹 (KOGAITO Yoshiki) who was sent to Canada for the media day and ACI, in which Yuzuru is just standing waiting for Zimerman's Ballad No. 1 to start.  Nagakubo san astonished by the beauty of Yuzuru's just standing shot.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171008-00000074-spnannex-spo

Translation to follow (today by me hopefully :smiley-angelic001: )

Caption from google translate: I'm looking forward to this "battle of men surrounding Hanyu". :10814716:

So, a photographer battle between Sunao Noto, Shinichi Yamaguchi, and dunno who the first guy is...

The first one is Tanaka-san! Kiss & Cry used his photos for their Media Day special, and some others are going into Ice Jewels Vol 7 it seems. He's one of the long-time photographers working with Yuzu, in fact. And my favorite XD

Noto-san is distinctive for his head ^_^ He made a joke about his shiny forehead capturing Yuzu's attention recently, iirc.  

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Victory!!!!!

A weekend was suggested as a possible free date and was rejected because there was a commitment on the calendar!  Who knew a simple app could be so powerful?  Now I can watch whatever I can stream of Rostelecom instead of doing the polite stuff- and it wasn't me who rejected it!  Maybe years of tolerance of muddied oafs and flannelled fools on the TV and in the form of expensive tickets is finally bringing me my glittering reward.:fourleafclover::fourleafclover:

So has anybody asked you what in bloody hell the Rostelecom Cup is, and has anybody gone to check if they did in fact rename the League Cup 'Rostelecom' mid-season?

@Kizuna @SparkleSalad send you a PM! 

You have nooooo idea how honored and happy I am that you guys are offering to give a home to our swans! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: Although I feel like I have to apologize :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5: I was packing up some swans and realizing that some of my swans look more like blobs than actual swans...I think it was only after the first 200 swans I made before they started to look half-decent, LOL. So I'll probably send you guys a bag full of them and you can pick and choose which ones to bring and which ones to do whatever with. Oh, and please please enjoy the show and don't stress about passing them out or anything. Even if you don't bring them to NHK or you don't have time to give out any, it's really more about just sending Yuzu lots of good luck and positive feelings from all over the world as much as we can for the rest of the season :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

I tried to include some origami paper if you wanted to make anything (swans or not) and some other little trinkets. I'm trying to recycle so I'm reusing some old dingy packaging, hopefully they stay safe in transit... :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

And if anyone else wants any swans or other little notions, please let me know! You don't have to be going to any competitions or anything! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:sigh i'm so sappy lol

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

You have nooooo idea how honored and happy I am that you guys are offering to give a home to our swans! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: Although I feel like I have to apologize :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5: I was packing up some swans and realizing that some of my swans look more like blobs than actual swans...I think it was only after the first 200 swans I made before they started to look half-decent, LOL. So I'll probably send you guys a bag full of them and you can pick and choose which ones to bring and which ones to do whatever with. Oh, and please please enjoy the show and don't stress about passing them out or anything. Even if you don't bring them to NHK or you don't have time to give out any, it's really more about just sending Yuzu lots of good luck and positive feelings from all over the world as much as we can for the rest of the season :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

I tried to include some origami paper if you wanted to make anything (swans or not) and some other little trinkets. I'm trying to recycle so I'm reusing some old dingy packaging, hopefully they stay safe in transit... :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

And if anyone else wants any swans or other little notions, please let me know! You don't have to be going to any competitions or anything! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:sigh i'm so sappy lol

I admire you and Hydroblade so much for your dedication to make so many swans!!!!!! I bought three different packages of origami papers and after my fourth attempts, I gave up:sad-smiley-046:. It takes me about 40 minutes to make one :facepalm:  To you and Hydro I have one word RESPECT   :bow:

21 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I love your dedication :snonegai:I'm always amazed at everyone who finds the time and patience to do things like that because I barely have any patience to make 1 swan I couldn't imagine making hundreds of them lol

I actually saw you make a few in front of me at ACI they looked beautiful 

ETA: me and @ruruzest think alike

33 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

I admire you and Hydroblade so much for your dedication to make so many swans!!!!!! I bought three different packages of origami papers and after my fourth attempts, I gave up:sad-smiley-046:. It takes me about 40 minutes to make one :facepalm:  To you and Hydro I have one word RESPECT   :bow:

Haha I think the first one I made took about 20 minutes and it looked really bad...more like a blob than a swan lol. My friend joked that it looked more like a duck :smiley-laughing021: The next 15 I made I still needed to watch the video while doing it. After that I got faster, but still each one still took about 5-10 minutes. And I think only after like 200 of them did I start getting the hang of it, and my swans started to look less dingy LOL. But the first 200 looked like they had varying degrees of deformity haha :rofl:

30 minutes ago, kelly said:

I love your dedication :snonegai:I'm always amazed at everyone who finds the time and patience to do things like that because I barely have any patience to make 1 swan I couldn't imagine making hundreds of them lol

I actually saw you make a few in front of me at ACI they looked beautiful 

ETA: me and @ruruzest think alike

Aww thanks :10742289: Yuzu is the most beautiful swan of all~