General Yuzuru Chat

Nanami-sensei surely has great taste. Spongebob is definitely at the top there, he is highly motivational and always wants to win. Kinda resembles Yuzuru for his childlike behaviors too LOL. 

Also, it looks like I lost the second discussion on Yuzuru's singing abilities... well what can I say... I will gladly teach him anything he wants, music wise, from singing to piano (since he said he'd like to learn that)... he just has to show himself. 

:peekaboo:

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

:offtopic:srry

I'm not sure if you mean singers or idols (to call idols singers is... generous) and I don't really know anything about the Korean idol industry but in Japan you have to be an all-rounder - a lot of it is TV work - so actual talent is probably the last thing on the list of requirements. Like most things it's about personality and looks (though I think idols in general are pretty unattractive and personalities are...) The songs and dances are all completely juvenile, too, and it becomes so embarrassing to see men of nearly 50 doing cutesy dances kindergartners can do just as well. Once in awhile there will be someone very talented in one department but it's a fluke, not a matter of training.

I've noticed the standard of Kpop seems to be a lot higher and though I'm not a fan I can appreciate the quality. That boy in the first video has a lovely voice. Again, perhaps it's a difference in what's required of an idol in different countries.

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Japanese music programs are painful because i have to sit through like 3 groups of johnny's :rofl:(not to mention the 48 groups...) I didn't like them, not even when i was younger...

Just a reminder that someone here (me) has mentioned that they liked Japanese idols and have been following them for years (which is what started this conversation)  and I don't find the direction this conversation took to be amusing at all  :dry: 

Lets focus on Yuzuru here, please.

11 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

m(___  ___)m 

Sorry~

It's Autumn Festival! Is there a Japanese holiday around the Autumn equinox too? (here is Chuseok, I know in China it's Mid-Autumn festival with moon cakes, does Japan celebrate their own version too?)

Tsukimi I think?

random sidenote, I hate how 中秋节 is litteraly just middle of Autumn festival...

@Neenah:snonegai:Sorry...

22 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

m(___  ___)m 

Sorry~

It's Autumn Festival! Is there a Japanese holiday around the Autumn equinox too? (here is Chuseok, I know in China it's Mid-Autumn festival with moon cakes, does Japan celebrate their own version too?)

I think they have the Autumnal Equinox Day. That's what I read but I'm not sure... May I ask what's these festivals about? Coming from a tropical country I can't really relate. Sorry for being ignorant. I hope we have Autumn and Winter too:snkuyashii:

Just now, PapiandPooh421 said:

@Neenah:snonegai:Sorry...

I think they have the Autumnal Equinox Day. That's what I read but I'm not sure... May I ask what's these festivals about? Coming from a tropical country I can't really relate. Sorry for being ignorant. I hope we have Autumn and Winter too:snkuyashii:

Chuseok is kinda like a harvest festival and lasts like 3 days. I don't do anything for it and just enjoy the time of work (a whole week this year!) but Korean families usually visit relatives and have big fancy family meals and pay respects to elders and ancestors (by doing rites like cleaning grave sites and stuff) and like giving thanks for the harvest. I assume the other festivals are similar but with slightly different customs. 

19 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

Chuseok is kinda like a harvest festival and lasts like 3 days. I don't do anything for it and just enjoy the time of work (a whole week this year!) but Korean families usually visit relatives and have big fancy family meals and pay respects to elders and ancestors (by doing rites like cleaning grave sites and stuff) and like giving thanks for the harvest. I assume the other festivals are similar but with slightly different customs. 

Oh.. Is it the holiday where many people in Korea wear hanbok? 

:peekaboo:

A bit late to the party but on the topic of being a Fanyu “only because of his looks”:

I first saw Yuzu when I was watching Olys and was just blown away by his SP and tbh I didn’t even think one way or another about his looks until I got more into the fandom :shrug:

I think he is good looking and adorable although I’m not attracted to him (virtue of him being a guy lol), but I agree with @KatjaThera in that I find his skating aesthetically very pleasing and I do believe his looks/figure help with that – if he was 2m tall and twice as broad I somehow doubt he’d have the same grace :laughing:

8 hours ago, Xen said:

You're trying to speak logic. And actually, quite a few of the really really devoted FS fans in that other forum like Yuzu too. I think there are quite a number who like his skating, but would not classify themselves as "fans" (actually I'm a borderline fan XD) that exist there, and a couple of the more thorough posters do admire the qualities of his skating. Sometimes fandom is just nostalgia for a certain skaters, so it's unlikely that given their age, they have that much nostalgia for Yuzu now.

Japanese vocab is hardest for me. For both Chinese and Korean (I studied in Seoul for a semester) vocab pronunciation was fairly consistent, but in Japanese I still can't wrap my head around why one character in one instance reads as taka, and another reads as ko-aka 高is taka in the family name takahashi, but ko in the name of Koshiro. :59227c768286a__s:

Lol yes I can relate to the quirks of kanji, as I'm trying to study it now. I've just decided to accept that there are no rules for it. Makes it easier to deal with the frustration :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp: But I didn't know the Chinese kanji is simpler. I've always thought they would be way harder. 

Since I'm learning Japanese vocabulary separate from kanji though, I rely more on the basic kana characters to remember each word, similar to how I learn Korean (I'm discovering now though that learning the kanji for the words helps a lot). And with Korean, many words just sound so similar to me. with only slight variations in spelling, it becomes difficult for me to differentiate them and remember lol. 

1 hour ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Wikipedia reference here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

In china, we just jokingly call it the Moon Cake Festival, due to the association with super sweet, usually expensive moon cakes that you don't eat at any other time of the year. Unlike Korea, we usually get only 1 day off, but sometimes it falls on the National Holiday week (Oct 1-7th) like this year. There's usually a story associated with it, in this case the story of Chang E who fled to the moon, and like all asian romance stories, it's kind of tragic, and supposedly we follow this tradition now in the steps of her husband to honor her.