General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, kelly said:

I'm still having heart flutters when I think about it :10636614: I'm so sad it's over :sadPooh:

I leave Montreal tomorrow... Sigh, feels like leaving him behind, even my mom is sad that we're leaving. These days were magical, you should see me when I talk about My Moment™ (those who were there know how I act when I talk about it).

Guess we should get ready for CoR...

11 hours ago, xeyra said:

Japan's chances to win are 0 given the poor Pairs and Ice Dance fields. And highly  unlikely to medal. The Team podium will be Canada, Russia and USA, in whichever order (likely Canada in first). So for Team Japan, competing in the Team Event will be merely for nationalistic pride. 

That's why I prefer Yuzu not to participate in the Team event and have more rest? :slinkaway:

11 hours ago, kaerb said:

OMgggg this girl!! Her designs took my breath away. I'm so happy it was personally received by Yumi-san and Yuzu. What a gorgeous gift T u T

Best thing I've seen today! :snonegai:

3 hours ago, Yoa said:

You guys scarerd off some lurkers from twitter... Please be careful what you write especially now since team Yuzu has heard about this forum

I hope team Yuzu will look at the emojis and be like :knc_tracy1::knc_yuzu1::knc_brian1::Poohgaveup:.

And maybe the pancake emoji :pancake: will make Brian go :knc_brian2:.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

btw i wonder if that annotated Hope and Legacy video helped Yuzu's GOEs, seeing all those 3's and 10's in the short program :)

bc the ISU certainly looks at peoples reactions, even if they don't always have the best judgment...

it would be really nice to know that fans' efforts actually help him in measurable ways :)

Maybe? I thought the judging for ACI seems reasonable. When Yuzu did well, he finally got his +3 GOEs. And even though he had a pop concert for Seimei, he was given +2.8 GOE when he nailed the 4S-3T combo. 

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

and maybe the smell of it then, too! :laughing:

but it's ok. she's already seen him get that canadian silver, so she's used to it.

seriously though, as another athlete she gets the woes of injuries and new layouts. i hope they can both iron those wrinkles out by the time Moscow hits. should be fun!

If Yuzu pours honey on his ACI silver medal, will it look golden and smell more like maple syrup? :laughing:  He can get some honey from Pooh. :dancingpooh:

Wow.. This thread moves so fast. 

Gloves incident just made me :smiley-laughing021::rofl: i feel bad for laughing at him but he's so funny. Seriously tho, I would also be irritated if I was him. Gimme ma gloves ! :hachimaki: :smiley-laughing021:

40 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Like I told my BF, there is no so-called NORMAL LIFE for me till next Feb. It will always be time before Yuzu's comp, time of Yuzu's comp, and time after Yuzu's comp:hachimaki:

I've never lived a normal life after I found out about OverLordzuru existence.. :13877886::facepalm: (wake up at unreasonable time just to stream and watch him lol.. I'm a zombie) 

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Oh dear. Dear lurkers, we didn't mean anything we wrote for around half a dozen pages now. It's just banter - us winding down after a stressful weekend. 

Team Yuzu, we love you - you are welcome to lurk as much as you like! 

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Indeed we do. We love everyone :10742289:we don't bite. Pooh does tho

Should we have a separate thread for messages to Yuzu or team Yuzu

1 hour ago, singcarcom said:

That's why I prefer Yuzu not to participate in the Team event and have more rest? :slinkaway:

Best thing I've seen today! :snonegai:

I hope team Yuzu will look at the emojis and be like :knc_tracy1::knc_yuzu1::knc_brian1::Poohgaveup:.

And maybe the pancake emoji :pancake: will make Brian go :knc_brian2:.

Maybe? I thought the judging for ACI seems reasonable. When Yuzu did well, he finally got his +3 GOEs. And even though he had a pop concert for Seimei, he was given +2.8 GOE when he nailed the 4S-3T combo. 

There is no point to make themselves look bad when there is a pop concert.

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

btw i wonder if that annotated Hope and Legacy video helped Yuzu's GOEs, seeing all those 3's and 10's in the short program :)

bc the ISU certainly looks at peoples reactions, even if they don't always have the best judgment...

it would be really nice to know that fans' efforts actually help him in measurable ways :)

Will we have more⁇

I think the gold medal in WC helps more haha

ETA:

Otomodachi and @kiches in DM is starting to upload full practices videos of Yuzu at ACI.  :thanks:

https://www.dailymotion.com/kichessarjilian

http://www.dailymotion.com/otomodachi0409

I would like to thank all of those who provided us with fancams and for those who will be providing in the future.  We would have missed all of Yuzu's shenanigans and gazillion meme-able photos if it wasn't for the fancams (and pics):thanks: But the gloves incident is still GOLD :rofl: hahahaha man, how can I move on from that video :rofl:

5 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Please don't think I'm attacking you. I may have sounded a bit exasperated at first when you were making one point that I don't agree with but then in a following post, you turned around and made another that I do agree with but it contradicts the first point you made and now I'm just desperately trying to follow. 

See, you're now saying that your point, or angle, is, "He's strong and he has some issues, but he's strong and it's fine and it's normal for him, but it's also real." Great. We're on the same page. But only until here.

I believe, based on clear evidence I've seen and heard, that the guy can handle himself together with his rather comprehensive team of professional caretakers and support-givers and any help he feels he might need from external authorities, he'll request for them. Maybe his team wasn't as comprehensive back in 2014 as it is now but I believe it was sufficient even then. The people who make up the core of this team: himself, his mother, Brian and perhaps Kikuchi-san, know best what he needs and would have taken necessary preventive measures and precautions on their own. JSF wouldn't have known better than his own team what kinds of preventive measures work best. 

But here's your other point that you made earlier: you harbor this dubious theory, even while thinking it unlikely, where you think JSF thinks it knows better and ran interference, forcing Hanyu to hide under their protective wing because he is a special investment who unfortunately has a delicate condition. In your own rather dramatic words:

The guy already explicitly dispeled it, so his rooming arrangement based on what he said wasn't even hypothetical in the least. But you, while acknowledging that your theory is a hypothesis, also seem very keen to hang on to it as though Hanyu could have been fibbing and hiding what really happened to downplay his condition. That's fine, I may not agree with you but I don't have an issue with you thinking that at all because it's your choice whether or not to believe what he said, but it also puts you more in the ""Oh, poor baby, he's so fragile" camp in my books rather than that other one you say you are in, because here, it seems to me like a part of you simply refuses to be dissuaded that he wasn't treated like so much fine china. You seem to say one thing but then hint at another and I find it confusing, is all.

Sides, no matter how bad the condition of Sochi's accommodation was, it couldn't have been the worst he's stayed in, unless you're saying the rumors hinted at conditions that were far worse than that of a makeshift refugee shelter after a devastating natural disaster. And if the problem was hygiene, he could have just brought along personal countermeasures which he most likely did.

With the kind of traveling he's been doing since young and the amount of work and training he can shoulder, he knows very well how to handle his condition so that he can do all those things. JSF suddenly deciding that they know better what's best for him just doesn't seem like fitting logic to me so your theory doesn't seem plausible to me. They may have proactively taken certain preventive measures on his behalf but I'm pretty sure it's not to that extreme.

And what we're discussing is general Hanyu related stuff so I dont think we're OT at all.  More than one kind of discussion can happen at any time, right? So long as it's general and related to Hanyu? Plus, I think this is a pretty healthy and somewhat rational discussion we're having, not exactly a heated argument. Just because it ain't fluff doesn't make it so, does it? If it is, I'm sorry for all my posts thus far because they're usually not fluff material...

Anyway, we're good. I'm actually not trying to win an argument here by getting you to agree with me. I'm actually trying to find a way to comprehend and accept what you're saying while making clear where I stand but the contradiction makes it hard for my brain to compute your logic. Still, if you're happy where you are, confusing as that is, I'll just let it go and accept it because not everything in this world has to make sense.

Sorry for giving you more trouble than I'm worth. >_< You're right, let's end this here.

I said, I'd stop, but I can't help saying a couple more things ^_^;

First, I don't see why things have to be completely black or white. He can be strong and have a health problem he can't help. He can have a team that knows how to handle that problem, and still have others interfere. (Though I really only mentioned JSF or JOC because in my view they're the only ones who could take such measures). I don't think any of this contradicts itself and that's probably where the point we fail to agree upon is.

However, I really don't see how you can compare rooms at the Olympics with the refugee shelter. It's not like on March 11th he could waltz in, cutely scrunch up his nose and say "Sorry, I can't stay here, it's bad for my asthma." And I'm not sure JSF even knew he was alive at that point, so they couldn't do it either. So to me, that comparison is WAY off. He didn't have a choice with the shelter. There might have been one in Sochi (whether his or not is a different topic.)

Lastly, it's not that I'm trying to hold on to a theory that makes him seem a little more fragile, though I guess I made it sound like that. As someone said there is contradicting information, I just wanted to argue that this other theory is not that implausible, to me. (And even explained why he would 'lie' about it - he doesn't have a great record of admitting to health issues and I personally cringe a little every time he says he's in good shape, though I choose to believe him, because he's said that every time he wasn't, too - though also agreed his talking about staying with Machida in detail also made it more unlikely it was a lie). I guess people who argue both sides of a story are more unusual, so it seems I'm contradicting myself ^_^;

Anyway, my ultimate point is even if it happened like that, it's not a big deal. It doesn't mean he's fine china. It doesn't mean he needs special treatment. If anything, it'd just mean the conditions really were very bad - or JSF/JOC/whoever are extremely nosy. Whatever. But it doesn't really make a difference as far as he's concerned. And I guess it bugs me that if some day this - or something like this - was proven to be true, some people would think it makes him a special bunny in need of protection. He's not. It'd just be a more extreme way of dealing with his problem. That's it.

That said, I'll be happy to believe he roomed with Machida and they maybe had some fun together, too.  :snpeace:

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Valkyria got the smile so have this. It always makes me smile :laughing:

tumblr_nw8chvzshK1rqryl2o1_250.gif

x

Oh wow, this is the first time I've seen this.

Can he actually do this? Or is this edited somehow?

It _is_ really kind of creepy.

5 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

I have no hope of catching up this tread. :13877886: Correct me if this is an old photo or somebody has already published it. I just love the fact that Zhenya is one of us.

So this is the Xylitol bottle that made Yuzu squeal when she showed him she had it? LOL!