General Yuzuru Chat

2 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

I'm starting to wonder if I actually failed to get my point across lol It's just that often people seem to either pick the "Yuzu is strong, he's fine" side or the "Oh, poor baby, he's so fragile" side, and you rarely see the "He's strong and he has some issues, but he's strong and it's fine and it's normal for him, but it's also real" side. That last one is my side. (And I'm probably a little sensitive to what I perceive as a downplaying of issues, too, for personal reasons, so yeah.)

Anyway, the whole rooming talk is so hypothetical - and feels somewhat OT :P - that it's kind of pointless and not going anywhere, so I'll listen to my still tired body and go to sleep lol

Please don't think I'm attacking you. I may have sounded a bit exasperated at first when you were making one point that I don't agree with but then in a following post, you turned around and made another that I do agree with but it contradicts the first point you made and now I'm just desperately trying to follow. 

See, you're now saying that your point, or angle, is, "He's strong and he has some issues, but he's strong and it's fine and it's normal for him, but it's also real." Great. We're on the same page. But only until here.

I believe, based on clear evidence I've seen and heard, that the guy can handle himself together with his rather comprehensive team of professional caretakers and support-givers and any help he feels he might need from external authorities, he'll request for them. Maybe his team wasn't as comprehensive back in 2014 as it is now but I believe it was sufficient even then. The people who make up the core of this team: himself, his mother, Brian and perhaps Kikuchi-san, know best what he needs and would have taken necessary preventive measures and precautions on their own. JSF wouldn't have known better than his own team what kinds of preventive measures work best. 

But here's your other point that you made earlier: you harbor this dubious theory, even while thinking it unlikely, where you think JSF thinks it knows better and ran interference, forcing Hanyu to hide under their protective wing because he is a special investment who unfortunately has a delicate condition. In your own rather dramatic words:

2 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

But there have been rumors about the conditions at Sochi being really bad - as in out of the ordinary bad - and if that was in a way that would be potentially triggering, then it'd make sense for me that JSF would make an effort to get him somewhere better - kicking and screaming if need be, considering he was still a potential medalist (if it was before; if after, even more, as he'd instantly become a national treasure).

Of course, that's a lot of ifs. My point is really just that it's not impossible for things to have happened like that, although I guess it is unlikely. We know in fact too little to jump to any conclusions. I just don't like dismissing any option, I guess ^_^;

The guy already explicitly dispeled it, so his rooming arrangement based on what he said wasn't even hypothetical in the least. But you, while acknowledging that your theory is a hypothesis, also seem very keen to hang on to it as though Hanyu could have been fibbing and hiding what really happened to downplay his condition. That's fine, I may not agree with you but I don't have an issue with you thinking that at all because it's your choice whether or not to believe what he said, but it also puts you more in the ""Oh, poor baby, he's so fragile" camp in my books rather than that other one you say you are in, because here, it seems to me like a part of you simply refuses to be dissuaded that he wasn't treated like so much fine china. You seem to say one thing but then hint at another and I find it confusing, is all.

Sides, no matter how bad the condition of Sochi's accommodation was, it couldn't have been the worst he's stayed in, unless you're saying the rumors hinted at conditions that were far worse than that of a makeshift refugee shelter after a devastating natural disaster. And if the problem was hygiene, he could have just brought along personal countermeasures which he most likely did.

With the kind of traveling he's been doing since young and the amount of work and training he can shoulder, he knows very well how to handle his condition so that he can do all those things. JSF suddenly deciding that they know better what's best for him just doesn't seem like fitting logic to me so your theory doesn't seem plausible to me. They may have proactively taken certain preventive measures on his behalf but I'm pretty sure it's not to that extreme.

And what we're discussing is general Hanyu related stuff so I dont think we're OT at all.  More than one kind of discussion can happen at any time, right? So long as it's general and related to Hanyu? Plus, I think this is a pretty healthy and somewhat rational discussion we're having, not exactly a heated argument. Just because it ain't fluff doesn't make it so, does it? If it is, I'm sorry for all my posts thus far because they're usually not fluff material...

Anyway, we're good. I'm actually not trying to win an argument here by getting you to agree with me. I'm actually trying to find a way to comprehend and accept what you're saying while making clear where I stand but the contradiction makes it hard for my brain to compute your logic. Still, if you're happy where you are, confusing as that is, I'll just let it go and accept it because not everything in this world has to make sense.

Sorry for giving you more trouble than I'm worth. >_< You're right, let's end this here.