General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

I went to check Aoi Hono III on Amazon and it says unavailable. Is it already out of stock?

It is usually oos at the initial stage of pre-order for new Yuzu related books. Wait for a week or so, the pre-order will b available again. This is based on my personal experience when i ordered at Amazon Jp. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Soleil88 said:

It is usually oos at the initial stage of pre-order for new Yuzu related books. Wait for a week or so, the pre-order will b available again. This is based on my personal experience when i ordered at Amazon Jp. :rolleyes:

Thank you! I hope it will be available on CDJapan, too. For some reason, my payment never goes through on Amazon JP 🥹

7 hours ago, Sammie-s said:

Need somewhere to vent. 

Below category cannot be anymore obvious. Why they bother to set up the poll in the first place. 

Special Achievement Award
Honors a Single Skater or Pair or lce Dance Couple who makes history by successfully performing a new / special / unique element or move or achieves something extraordinary at an ISU Event in 2022 (GP 2021 accepted) and pushes the boundaries of the sport.

The key word here is 'successfully', I suppose. Anyway, the award itself looks quite artificial to me and I think what matters more is the ever-growing authentic global interest in everything Yuzuru does and how Beijing has boosted his popularity, because that speaks for itself. Awards look good in short, introductory texts aimed at uninformed people, but what is the first thing you think of when someone mentions the Beatles or Michael Jackson, the awards or the actual impact they had on the people in their time? Can you name any award given to Nurieyev or Nijinsky? :dontknow: I haven't heard of any award for Shohei Ohtani, but I've certainly heard of him, even if I'm less than interested in baseball, and I can't imagine anyone talking about the history of this sport in the future and not mentioning Ohtani. The same will be true for Yuzu and the history of figure skating, regardless of who this or that award goes to.

I think we should all chill out.  The ISU ‘awards’ are, and always have been, a pointless load of nonsense dreamed up by that bunch of losers to ‘revive the popularity of fs ‘ ( or some similar ridiculous phrasing) - I think it was all part of the brainchild of that ridiculous Russian whose name escapes me.  Any fool could see from the uptake of tickets and particularly from uptake of tickets to watch practices what was making fs popular, but he wasn’t an establishment figure, didn’t sign up to any of the usual management culprits, and while he is impossible to replicate, it would have been possible to persuade skaters to aspire to his standards and some of them might have come close.  But it would take time, commitment, hard work, the recognition of talent regardless of passport and long term vision, and they wanted instant stars from the right federations- JSF wanted a Japanese with the right connections.  

Now he’s left them to it.  So who gives a f*** who wins any of these meaningless awards?  I didn’t care before and I don’t now.  They’re irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I think we should all chill out.  The ISU ‘awards’ are, and always have been, a pointless load of nonsense dreamed up by that bunch of losers to ‘revive the popularity of fs ‘ ( or some similar ridiculous phrasing) - I think it was all part of the brainchild of that ridiculous Russian whose name escapes me.  Any fool could see from the uptake of tickets and particularly from uptake of tickets to watch practices what was making fs popular, but he wasn’t an establishment figure, didn’t sign up to any of the usual management culprits, and while he is impossible to replicate, it would have been possible to persuade skaters to aspire to his standards and some of them might have come close.  But it would take time, commitment, hard work, the recognition of talent regardless of passport and long term vision, and they wanted instant stars from the right federations- JSF wanted a Japanese with the right connections.  

Now he’s left them to it.  So who gives a f*** who wins any of these meaningless awards?  I didn’t care before and I don’t now.  They’re irrelevant.

Well that told us lol!! and I so agree with every word...but there is this like...intrinsic urge in some of us to vote for Yuzu at every given opportunity, and a need to show everyone that he deserves to win everything coz he's the best - it's a Fanyu syndrome, well a fan of anyone in any sport I think, it must come from a competitive instinct! But lots of us are forcing ourselves to be more discriminatory about these things and ask ourselves what does this mean for Yuzuru and his legacy, and the I$U awards aren't top of the list of answers that's for sure....oh but that urge again...distract yourself fanyus!!! :8:

Maybe go and look at Yuzu in that white jumper for Ajinomoto and dream of owning the clear file..... 

Of course people will make their own choices about voting, but I truly hope Yuzu does not give the awards even one moments thought!

I'm glad that Yuzu takes good care of his body and keeps eating delicious and nutritious meals. I actually believe that he now takes care of his body better than ever.

First of all, he is wiser and more mature now. He isn't his reckless young self anymore and thinks more of his long term condition. I think he also appreciates himself and his body more than before.

Secondly, when he was still competing, he took a lot of risks in order to practice the most difficult elements to get more points, win competitions, break records, and achieve his goals. He doesn't need to do this anymore. Quite the opposite. He now has the huge responsibility of staying in shape for the thousands and thousands of people coming to his solo ice shows. Thus, he has to take really good care of himself, his health, his body, and his mental and emotional state.

Therefore, I'm confident that Yuzu will be able to skate and show us the most amazing performances for many, many more years to come. :loveshower:

[NEWS]