General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Pammi said:

Well that told us lol!! and I so agree with every word...but there is this like...intrinsic urge in some of us to vote for Yuzu at every given opportunity, and a need to show everyone that he deserves to win everything coz he's the best - it's a Fanyu syndrome, well a fan of anyone in any sport I think, it must come from a competitive instinct! But lots of us are forcing ourselves to be more discriminatory about these things and ask ourselves what does this mean for Yuzuru and his legacy, and the I$U awards aren't top of the list of answers that's for sure....oh but that urge again...distract yourself fanyus!!! :8:

Maybe go and look at Yuzu in that white jumper for Ajinomoto and dream of owning the clear file..... 

Of course people will make their own choices about voting, but I truly hope Yuzu does not give the awards even one moments thought!

This urge to vote for him is very relatable, I’m conscious of the impulse myself,  but I personally am trying not to rise to the bait because to involve his name in an ISU award competition of dubious value to my mind does two things- it gives them the click bait that is his name and thus attention that they don’t deserve, and also prolongs the association of his name with an institution which has treated him badly, didn’t deserve him and from which he has walked away.  These awards are tacky, they’ve been so since their inception and I feel I don’t want the names of any  of my favourites cheapened by association with them.

@ccy

@Sombreuil

:iagree:

The desire to vote for Yuzu and see him win whatever award he has been nominated for is completely understandable you are both correct on this. Additionally your suspicions, along with many other people ( self included ) is that very cynically Yuzu is being used for engagement of fans' interests only is a more than fair assumption. Personally speaking, it is most likely best not to even visit the website so as not to give any traffic. Those running the pages need to be sent a message that the interest that people had in them before Liberation Day was due to to the genuine interest in Yuzu actively participating in the respective events run by said organisation.

The photo shop pictures of Yuzu, coat on with his insulated food bag is a super idea and will give a lot of happiness to many fans and well wishers. People would love to imagine Yuzu visiting and enjoying the sights in people's favourite places around the World. Perhaps like Santa, the anthropomorphised manifestation of hope, the magic of Christmas will allow Yuzu to traverse the Globe in a single day to give the gift of joy and hope.

Some cultures have already begun their own Winter festivals of light, some are still to come in the next few days

Wishing everyone joy, comfort. love and hope for the darkest days of winter and renewal as the days grow longer.