General Yuzuru Chat

oh that Ghislain interview  :bow: I don't wanna get my hopes high with Yuzu not retiring but it's so nice to see his own coah believes he can still give more :loveeyes: I said before that I genuinely believe that outside his 4A as a skater I feel he can show much more!. I really wish Yuzuru great health so that whatever he decides to do it comes from a place of satisfaction with his career :Pineapple:. Thanks for sharing the interview and to the translators :bow:

48 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

What to add to your text Anabel, just bow as Yuzu would  :headdesk:  and add :heart: Dominique and myself  :girlsigh:  and  protect the winnie yuzu  : YuzuPoohLove:  and as it is written, the other is the retreat in Yuzu's room 

PS : is it really you who goes to the world championships in France? and you will be welcomed there :peace2: 

Yeah, it's me! :67638860: I haven't replied to the message yet... It's just that I came in here and got lost in the world Yuzu, I'm sure you understand me. Will meet you there! 

Sorry if this has been posted - link to see Yuzu on YouTube in 9hours  3.50pm Japan

edit: first post on page 7000 - sounds lucky to me!!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Ghislain's interviews are so rare but always so enjoyable. 
It is beautiful how much he cares for Yuzu, gushes about him and how much he 'gets' him. 
It makes me happy that they have been in contact all this time. Not that i doubted it but it is nice to have it confirmed. 
I love that Yuzu took Ghislain's offer 'i am available 24/7 for you' literally and texts him at 3:00 am :biggrin: And Ghislain answers him immediately. What a dedication :13877886:
I also feel weirdly satisfied that Ghislain is not a fan of cheated jumps. Again, not that i doubted him but lovely to have it confirmed. 

And Yuzu's message for 3.11 is so :crybaby:. Praying hard for his health and happiness. This man is a real treasure and deserves all the best. Universe, please, where is spring? The winter has been too long :smiley-angelic001: 
Hopefully Yuzu already received those fan letters from Beijing and even if he cannot read everything, he at least feels the support. 

2 hours ago, Saawa said:

And Yuzu's message for 3.11 is so :crybaby:. Praying hard for his health and happiness. This man is a real treasure and deserves all the best. Universe, please, where is spring? The winter has been too long :smiley-angelic001: 
Hopefully Yuzu already received those fan letters from Beijing and even if he cannot read everything, he at least feels the support. 

The internet is packed with love for him and people sharing their warmest and deepest feelings about him and his skating. Odes and poems sometimes, some really know how to put this into words. Even more after this Olympics and I only hope that he is aware of all the magnitude of love, support and gratefullnes. 

5 hours ago, Anabel said:

I will never understand why there are so many people who have the insane need to create negativity wherever they go. If you don't like something, don't watch it. If you don't like Yuzu, don't look his videos. Nowadays it is  too easy to access what you like to waste your time on what you don't like. So simple and seemingly so impossible...

IKR. This is also why I rarely venture into YT comments. Yuzu just lives rent free in the head of some people, there’s even people dedicated to bashing Yuzu on almost every YT videos. I mean… why?? Let it go. If I don’t like other skaters, I don’t watch them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Catching up and reflecting on Yuzu’s third Olympics outing, I’m glad I can share them here: Yuzu didn’t win, in the conventional sense where success is measured by a symbolic, coloured medal.

But he did win. indisputably, the biggest winner where he won hearts all over the world with his courage (of a true champion) to chase his childhood dream of challenging the human limits by attempting a 4A.

For many of us, we would only want to showcase the best of ourselves/share our success stories to impress others. Hence, to see Yuzu gamely taking on 4A under a less than ideal (ankle) condition, knowing there’s a high chance of falling in front of millions of viewers (he fell on the 4S too), and then picking himself up  to calmly present an otherwise captivating program, needless to say, he won my heart at the end of it. To me, the falls in his FP help to bring the character to life by drawing on the bravery and fighting spirits of the warrior in this story.

Totally unexpected, he popped his first jump - 4S in his SP due to a hole in the ice. Thereafter, he showed us that only an athlete of his calibre can proceed to present us with a masterclass performance. Both his SP and FS, are totally mesmerising, inspiring and uplifting performances.

“The important thing in life is not the triumph but the fight; the essential thing is not to have won, but to have fought well.”  - Baron de Coubertin (founder of the modern Olympic Games; Between 1896 and 1925, IOC President)

I’ve no doubt Yuzu will walk away from this Oly in a dignified, Yuzu way but still, his class acts are beyond my expectations. With grace, respect, humility, perseverance, courage for pursing dreams and pushing the sports boundaries, Yuzu conducted a master class at the world stage on how to be a two-time Olympic champion. Mr. Figure Skating has shown that he is the true embodiment of the Olympic spirit. I hope Yuzu is proud of this.

As an otherworldly being, his win is intangible and beyond the sport where symbolic medals can’t define his greatness as an athlete and a human being. It seems the Universe has a drastically different plan for him. Through his trials and triumphs, Yuzu becomes a messenger of love, gratitude, kindness, perseverance and hope to the world.

Incidentally, with the huge amount of love, respect and admiration showered on Yuzu at the Oly (despite being off podium), I hope he can be rest assured that he is loved not for his medals/titles but for being true to himself (a man of principles), for his mesmerising  (and healing) performances, for simply being an inspiring person to others.

Now that he’s back in Japan, I hope the postcards from Chinese fans and fans from rest of the world keep him busy and feeling loved during this off ice period of ankle rehab/treatment. Rest and heal well and stay safe, Yuzu! Let's remember 3.11 with Yuzu and rest of Japan. Have a great weekend, everyone!

“The Best Figure Skater in the World”

WATCH: Legend Yuzuru Hanyu Once Gave Young Kids a Special Figure Skating Lesson

https://www.essentiallysports.com/us-sports-news-figure-skating-watch-legend-yuzuru-hanyu-once-gave-young-kids-a-special-figure-skating-lesson/

Published 03/10/2022

ESSENTIALLY SPORTS

the fan's perspective

As for now, Yuzuru is recovering from his ankle injury and taking a much-needed rest. And while we miss out on his heroics, we more than make up for it in this throwback Thursday episode.

A coach in the making

In what is the perfect blast from the past, the 27-year-old Japanese sensation can be seen adorably teaching little figure skaters the key aspects of the sport. Dating back to 2017, the video shows Hanyu giving instructions to the kids, while the kids are looking at the Olympic champion in sheer admiration.

It appears the figure skating legend has all the qualities to be an excellent coach, and that comes as no surprise, given that he is the best figure skater in the world. Post-retirement, he can surely consider coaching as a professional career.

8 hours ago, Hanmgse said:

oh that Ghislain interview  :bow: I don't wanna get my hopes high with Yuzu not retiring but it's so nice to see his own coah believes he can still give more :loveeyes: I said before that I genuinely believe that outside his 4A as a skater I feel he can show much more!. I really wish Yuzuru great health so that whatever he decides to do it comes from a place of satisfaction with his career :Pineapple:. Thanks for sharing the interview and to the translators :bow:

Lol, this is in direct contrast to Rafael Arutyunyan, who suggested that NC retires right after the Olympics. 

10 hours ago, AshAvoca said:

I’m liking the forum a lot! I hope we can share our love for figure skating and yuzu in peace. 

Welcome to the Planet!

10 hours ago, AshAvoca said:

outsiders generalize us because those things are unfortunately common in the fandom.

There is always a dark side of every fandom. There is no perfect fandom and I don't think fanyus are more toxic than the fans of other skaters either. Regarding figure skating fandom, you will not become a "recognized/qualified" "good skating fan" by other self-claimed "good skating fans" unless you show your hate towards fanyus as a whole and never talk about the technical and judging problems (unless you are speaking up for non-medal contenders who will not threat the medals of their faves). For me, through out the years I realize the problem here is not just with some "rude fanyus". I think the problem is more with the rest of FS fandom. They are feeling jealous and maybe threatened by the number of fanyus, which their fave(s) would never have, so they just pick out some fanyus and try to lowball whatever fanyus say by calling the entire fandom toxic. 

Anyway I don't need their recognition to watch figure skating(who are they?) and I don't want to be a FS fan anymore once Yuzu stops competing because I'm so disgusted by the judging system. This sport disregard rules to an extent that I think I'm fine with some fans being impolite. Sorry for ranting. 

Okay, I hid my original post because I'm not sure if this should be posted here. If it's not meant to be here, feel free to move it or hide it- I will understand completely! Anyways, YouTube has been taking down some fanyu accounts that had a lot of good videos that helped baby fanyus learn more about yuzu (they helped me when I was first learning about him and the sport :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg:). Apparently they were "BlueFlame for YUZU" and "YUZU FAIRY". If anyone has downloaded videos from these channels or remembers the videos that were on these channels, please link them here on the planet or reply with their video titles so hopefully someone can find them. I'm not sure why YouTube is going after these older accounts, and it doesn't seem like they were active anymore so it's a bit confusing :scratch3: