General Yuzuru Chat

I was hoping he might feel better now, but it sounds not. I shouldn't have expected that even when I, as a fan, still feel painful for what happened a month ago. I hope time will cure. Hope his beloved family members could comfort him and let him know he is loved by so many around the world. 

42 minutes ago, eren said:

:YuzuPoohSad:

Yuzu, you're a survivor. We're all survivors. We'll support each other forever. "It takes a night to make it dawn." But if the night is too long and dark, we'll be the stars. I felt so strong when I read Yuzu's message, but let me cry for the moment.😭

Video

[NEWS]

On 3/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, BonnieLou said:

Is it just me or does this Tweet seem to defeat the purpose of standing up for fanyus? How does mentioning other skaters programs or costumes help? Especially of all the Gala performers, singling out Yuzu's two juniors, at that. When I first saw the costume I was distressed for him....the black band between the shirt and shiny blue pants was so unkempt looking. I first thought it was the bottom edge of a poorly sewn shirt. Maybe it was black tights showing from underneath and could have been avoided with black pants in the costume. He is also so young, too, and to criticize him for perhaps mimicing a Yuzu costume.....other young skaters have been praised for doing it and it seems to show their love and respect for him. 

If I can say that I think I have followed Yuzuru enough to know what kind of person he is....I don't think I have seen him be anything but kind and gentle to others, and probably the most to his juniors.

I won't tackle this on Twitter. I am new and still feeling my way around, and felt safe bringing it to discuss here. Although I have declared myself a fanyu by being here, I have also seen and heard that some fanyus can be formidable when crossed. Just looking for some thoughts on why this got hundreds of positive responses (Likes)?? 

That is my tweet and I am not saying that to 'standing up for Fanyus' or anything. I will not waste my time defending a whole group of fans when I cannot control their actions. And you shouldn't too, tbh. 

As stated, my tweet is to criticize those who are offended by people who comment only about Yuzu on the Gala video. Why should they offended? People comment about Yuzu because it is Yuzu these people want to see. Because it is Yuzu's performance who leave deep impression to them. And there is nothing wrong to leave comment only on those you want to talk about. Isn't it better for Fanyus to comment what they love (Yuzu) and keep it at that without having the obligation to say things they don't wish to say just for the sake of 'respect', whatever that means? 

I have always say that I am NOT Yuzu. I adore him, but I would not change myself to BE him because I am my own self. So yes, I will be snarky and rude every now and then. I will criticize programs and costumes when it is not to my taste. And others will too. 

7 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Exactly. Fans of other sports will literally laugh in our faces with how carefully fanyus tread when talking about FS. But even so, no matter how reasonable, as soon as a non-fan finds out we are fanyus, it's tossed aside as "those delusional fanyus again". So there's a lot of distaste when we experience this but other fans can say whatever they want about Yuzu.

@BonnieLou - I just thought of a little more context. Haha, sorry for all this, but I hope it helps you navigate! You mentioned you don't understand why they are criticizing the "seaweed" costume when others have also imitated Yuzu's costume and been praised. I suspect it has to do which one Kagiyama is imitating. The reference is Requiem, Yuzu's gala program in 2015-2016. Requiem is music composed for the 5-year anniversary of 3.11. Imitating this particular costume feels especially....distasteful to some fans when Kagiyama is not a survivor of 3.11. Notice that despite all these juniors skating to Yuzu's old music choices and imitating his costumes, none of them (that I know) have touched on his programs related to 3.11. So I'm not that surprised it drew criticism, to be honest. 

The similarity with Requiem might be a quarter reason of why I dislike that costume. Upon first look, the color resembles Requiem. However, the timeline for "Requiem" doesn't match with Ashita e. Requiem took place when the earthquake and tsunami happened, that is why the color is the greenish blue to resemble the ocean. Ashita e, however, happens after the disaster. When you're looking back and grieve for your loss. As such, a simple, dark or white costume will fit better with the theme. (This is a personal understanding on both songs, people might have different view). 

All the symbolism aside, I don't think people can say that is a good costume design for Yuma. 

Hace 1 hora, eren said:

:YuzuPoohSad:

Yuzu, you're a survivor. We're all survivors. We'll support each other forever. "It takes a night to make it dawn." But if the night is too long and dark, we'll be the stars. I felt so strong when I read Yuzu's message, but let me cry for the moment.😭

These are the times when I really hope he's lurking and reading our messages. This way, he can realise how many people are supporting him, how many hearts he has touched, how many lives he has made better, how inspiring he is.

He's not only an amazing athlete and artist, he's an even more amazing human being.

We are with you no matter what, Yuzuru Hanyu.

After reading Ghislain's interview, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Yuzu's main coach instead of Orser. I noticed Yuzu rarely talks about Orser these days. Maybe he might make a permanent shift to train under Ghislain exclusively? Wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Either way, I hope Yuzu goes back to train in Canada when he can. It would be better to have a coach 

2 hours ago, JanMary said:

I was hoping he might feel better now, but it sounds not. I shouldn't have expected that even when I, as a fan, still feel painful for what happened a month ago. I hope time will cure. Hope his beloved family members could comfort him and let him know he is loved by so many around the world. 

I felt the same, after weeks with no news it hurt to read he's still hurting, even though there's nothing wrong or surprising about it.

Then again, I didn't expect him to make a super positive, joyful declaration on what is a very sad anniversary, so there's also that...

35 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Now we can see the holy trinity at home :)

Oh no the cabbage doesn’t load for me. Perhaps it can sense my disdain and wants to avoid my scrutiny :lol: 

I jest I jest! I actually don’t mind that costume but ever since I read/watched that somebody said it looks like a cabbage I can’t unsee. I just can’t :dontdothistome:

3 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

As stated, my tweet is to criticize those who are offended by people who comment only about Yuzu on the Gala video. Why should they offended? People comment about Yuzu because it is Yuzu these people want to see. Because it is Yuzu's performance who leave deep impression to them. And there is nothing wrong to leave comment only on those you want to talk about. Isn't it better for Fanyus to comment what they love (Yuzu) and keep it at that without having the obligation to say things they don't wish to say just for the sake of 'respect', whatever that means? 

Tbh some skating fans are really obsessed with fanyus 😅. No matter what we do they will criticize us. If we are such dumb fans who knows nothing of figure skating then why they seek our validation so much.  Those gala comments are totally harmless, it's just fans and casual viewers appreciating yuzu. But of course some people will still blame fanyus for that..